Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I've been a betting man for years and can confirm the odds are wrong. They are being held up due to our "big club" reputation. This is where you make your money folks. Amazingly Liverpool were favourites to be beat Newcastle yesterday, based on reputation. They were 10/1 to win the league !! Mug money denotes the prices. The mug mentality here is "Villa won't go down, they are a few points clear and have decent players they'll be fine". The shrewd ones will be those who have been watching our matches and know about our injury crisis - it is they who are in the know and in the dough. The true price I'd have as low as 3/1.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds are just made up bollocks.

Using computer software, continually inputting statistics whilst employing some very intelligent mathematicians and statisticians and the resulting hypothesis to all this is *drum roll* odds are just made up bollocks ha ha ha.

They are made up.

We're in the shit, no doubts about it. We have a long injury list, no confidence, no fight, the Manager is woefully inadequate. Great recipe for relegation. As I said yesterday, if we slip in the the bottom three before the end of the season, I doubt we'll have the stomach for a scrap and a battle. As for the odds, surely we should be 6/1 to go down as we are currently 6th from bottom?

Has McLeish admitted we're in a relegation battle yet? I remember after the Arsenal game he said he was looking up instead of down but we're right in it now. I remember last season we were sleep walking into the relegation zone until that Wolves games. After that we woke up and pulled ourselves out of trouble pretty much. I fear the same will happen this season but we won't wake up.

Has McLeish admitted we're in a relegation battle yet? I remember after the Arsenal game he said he was looking up instead of down but we're right in it now. I remember last season we were sleep walking into the relegation zone until that Wolves games. After that we woke up and pulled ourselves out of trouble pretty much. I fear the same will happen this season but we won't wake up.

I just read on Newsnow that the Meaning Evil quotes him as saying that we are in a relegation battle. I didn't open the link to read it though as his quotes make me angry.

We had the players to drag us away from relegation last season despite Houllier's best efforts.
What do you mean by best efforts? :?

We've got the players for it this season as well, just so long as we start fighting. Unfortunately under McLeish I can't see us ever fighting for anything.

We had the players to drag us away from relegation last season despite Houllier's best efforts.
What do you mean by best efforts? :?

Y'know, Gezza's general incompetence.

We never really recovered from GED did we

We never really recovered from selling Milner, Barry, Young and Downing. GED had nothing to do with it. In fact, i'm of the opinion had GED stayed then Downing may have too.

We never really recovered from GED did we

I think the appointment of houllier was a terrible one.

If we had got the right man last year we wouldn't be this bad now. Imagine we had someone who could have worked with what MON had left and slowly implemented his own style while building with £25 million in January and a fair amount in the summer.

Houllier failed miserably, we improved once he was able to buy one of the best strikers in the league and our best results came when he was too ill to be round the squad. He destroyed the fight, team spirit and confidence the squad had and playing young behind the striker for 25 games was a shocking display of management.

Obviously we **** up more appointing Mcleish but if Lerner had made a better decision than houllier our manager would have had 18 months and a decent amount to spend by this point.

In terms of morale and spirit in the camp

I don't think we've every got over that night or dealt with it properly

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. McLeish has been in charge for almost 10 months now. You can't blame lack of motivation or team spirit on the previous manager.

Not sure how you fathom that one out

DJ couldnt get away quick enough

A lot of the damage was done by GED, particularly the punch up at Champneys

Because A) He had is best ever season under GH. B) He was quoted saying he was more then happy here. C) If GH had of stayed there would have been a re-build of the squad and it wouldnt be anywhere near as bad as it is now.

If you were Downing and McLeish just got appointed wouldnt you want to get away as quick as possible?