Villa launch Tickets for Schools scheme

TRS-T

this is a good idea, but it depends on if you want to go on morals or business as to whether we are hitting the right market.

Morally - its a great idea , giving tickets to inner city kids, trying to reward them for staying on straight and narrow etc... Could keep a lot of kids out of a life of crime

Good idea

Commercially - and unfortunately, in the real world.

Are we hitting the right market. Surely the point is, give away about 1000 tickets in the hope that 200 return a few more times and 100 of them become future ST holders. If this is the case, then surely we should be hitting the commuter belt fans who have a bit of money. The places like Cannock , Rugeley, Lichfield etc.. Whereby the parents are afluent , unfortunately, they then spend their dough in buying a Man Utd shirt for their kids as thats who they support on the tele. They are the ones that can bring the money in.

As I said, it depends on the reason we are doing it as to whether it is a good idea or a bad one.

If you go to Newcastle, everyone supports Newcastle.

It should be like that in Birmingham (with Villa obviously.)

The problem is have you ever been to Newcastle, apart from the football team there is sod all else to do up there, and if you want to support another club, its probably closer to get to Reykyavic than anywhere else.

Unfortunately, if you live in Brum you can get to London or Manchester within 90 mins and therefore we are always going to lose out to those clubs, until we have success.

Already said last week. Do try to keep up! :winkold:

No it wasn't. Something similar maybe but if you read the words it is different. Please try to read the words!

Please explain any meaningful differences.

Never mind, it's obviously way over your head.

Already said last week. Do try to keep up! :winkold:

No it wasn't. Something similar maybe but if you read the words it is different. Please try to read the words!

Please explain any meaningful differences.

Never mind, it's obviously way over your head.

If you can't explain any meaningful differences, how can you hope to even guess my abilities?

Villa launch Schools detention scheme,

Bad students will be made to spend 90 mins in detention on a weekend watching Alex McLeish's brand of football

Fixed.

Watch out, brommy will get you and tell you that this has already been said and when you state that it hasn't brommy will ask you to explain any meaningful differences.

Watch out, brommy will get you and tell you that this has already been said and when you state that it hasn't brommy will ask you to explain any meaningful differences.

You're like a stuck record so, rather than continue to wait for an interesting response, I'll move on to enjoy more original posts from others.

:wave:

:flag:

this is a good idea, but it depends on if you want to go on morals or business as to whether we are hitting the right market.

Morally - its a great idea , giving tickets to inner city kids, trying to reward them for staying on straight and narrow etc... Could keep a lot of kids out of a life of crime

Good idea

Commercially - and unfortunately, in the real world.

Are we hitting the right market. Surely the point is, give away about 1000 tickets in the hope that 200 return a few more times and 100 of them become future ST holders. If this is the case, then surely we should be hitting the commuter belt fans who have a bit of money. The places like Cannock , Rugeley, Lichfield etc.. Whereby the parents are afluent , unfortunately, they then spend their dough in buying a Man Utd shirt for their kids as thats who they support on the tele. They are the ones that can bring the money in.

As I said, it depends on the reason we are doing it as to whether it is a good idea or a bad one.

Couldn't we target both?

You're like a stuck record so, rather than continue to wait for an interesting response, I'll move on to enjoy more original posts from others.

:wave:

:flag:

I note that you haven't informed anyone else that their post has been said before either in this thread or any other and I am sure the thread on McLeish has hundreds of the same or similar posts so if you are looking for originality then steer well clear of this thread.

Perhaps you have a particular dislike of me, who knows? Whatever your reason for your original ridiculing post is I don't know but I guess you have met your match when it comes to ultimate sarcasm.

• 1 month later...
My brother-in-law, who has had absolutely **** all interest in football in the ten years I've known him, is taking my six year old niece (who also has shown **** all interest in football) to the Villa/Chelsea game this weekend because she was given a free ticket at school.

He's had to pay for his. And now he's gone and bought two scarves, a flag and a fecking teddy bear for her.

She was even singing "Veela, clap-clap-clap, Veela..." to me the other day

I hope she fecking hates it and wants to leave after ten minutes. Which I'm convinced she will.

Good work Villa.

• 3 months later...

I signed the school I work in up to this and its been fantastic. They've also given us loads of old match day programs which I sometimes use with reluctant boy readers to motivate them.

I would say most of the kids were more interested in gaining a ticket so they could watch Chelsea or Spurs than Villa at the end of the season though unfortunately. Having said that last season was utter shite.

• 1 year later...

My kids have come home from school today with these tickets for school vouchers for the upcoming Liverpool game.

Anyone have any idea how much the actual tickets cost? as the website tells you everything but the price. I might take them if its cheap.

There are many people living in the areas surrounding Villa Park that simply can't afford to spend money on football tickets. Schools in those areas are the ones that should be targeted, not just to 'gain new fans', but to give back to the local deprived communities.

There are already similar kind of schemes in place, they often have an Aston Villa marquee at the Perry Barr BCU campus that offers £10 tickets, but these schemes should be offered locally first.

Â