Golf Season 2012

CI

McIlroy has demons at the Masters though!

My money's on Woods though. I might but a cheeky bet on Adam Scott.

On that topic, Adam Scott must be the campest sportsman ever.

Justin Rose is your man for the Masters I reckon..... At least top 5

Yep, i think Rose will do well. Also fancy Jason Day, Keegan Bradley and KJ Choi.

I think Woods will win it but there is just no value at 4/1 if your having a flutter. He loves the course and has hit form at just the right time.

Looks like the 4s about Woods has been mostly ignored as he's out to 9/2 generally and 5s in a place (365 for instance).

Will be following some usual suspects: Charl Schwartzel. Dustin Johnson, Bubba Watson, Bobby Karlsson, Gonzo (Fernandez-Castano) and Chucky Triple Sticks.

Main selection is going to be Day as put forward by Wiggy earlier.

Justin Rose is your man for the Masters I reckon..... At least top 5

Yep, i think Rose will do well. Also fancy Jason Day, Keegan Bradley and KJ Choi.

I think Woods will win it but there is just no value at 4/1 if your having a flutter. He loves the course and has hit form at just the right time.

I didn't even realise he was 4/1!

You're right, there's almost no point, unless you really are that confident he'll win.

The joy of golf betting is you get such good odds.

Think I'm definitely going to put a cheeky bet on Rose and Scott

Not sure about Bubba Snowy, although the course does suit his ball flight. A righty needs to be able to hit a high draw and a lefty obviously a high a fade, so like i say the course is set up for him. Just not sure if he has the staying power of someone like Woods or Mickelson if he got his nose infront.

Agreed on Day tho mate. Brilliant golfer who is always there or there abouts in the big comps.

Not sure about Bubba Snowy, although the course does suit his ball flight. A righty needs to be able to hit a high draw and a lefty obviously a high a fade, so like i say the course is set up for him. Just not sure if he has the staying power of someone like Woods or Mickelson if he got his nose infront.

I just like the way he plays golf, tbh.

He has been in pretty decent form this year as well, though, and I think he's made the cut in each of his three Masters appearances. Having said that, he'll probably post 80-80 and be sat watching the weekend with the rest of us. :)

Looks like the Beeb have no live coverage of the first two rounds this year (save for Amen corner) - was that the case last year, too? I didn't think it was.

what does each-way mean?

For The Masters they are paying out each way on the top 6 at a quarter of the odds shown.

KJ Choi is 60/1. So if you put £5 each way (£10 bet) on him and he finishes 4th, you will get £5 @ 15/1 returning £75 back plus your £5 stake.

If he wins the thing you get £75 plus £5 @ 60/1 returning £300 + £75 +your £10 stake = £385 return.

I think thats right anyway. Its 2 bets really, half the total stake on the win and half on a place finidh, in this case top 6.

I just like the way he plays golf, tbh.

He has been in pretty decent form this year as well, though, and I think he's made the cut in each of his three Masters appearances. Having said that, he'll probably post 80-80 and be sat watching the weekend with the rest of us. :)

Looks like the Beeb have no live coverage of the first two rounds this year (save for Amen corner) - was that the case last year, too? I didn't think it was.

Was the same last year mate, BBC had live coverage of the final 2 rounds. Sky Sports have got all 4 days this year, also the par 3 tournament on Wednesday.

Also forgot to mention Immelman who is a big price at between 100/1 and 125/1 for a former champion. He has done well, too, in a couple of visits since (a couple of top 15 finishes, I think) and has been on the verge of finding some form since last autumn.

Think sky are even showing practice coverage today

Rose wont win

Neither will fowler

Poulter at 100/1

GMac 50/1

Great odds

I dont think Fowler will win it but he's got enough in his locker to grab a top 6 finish.

Each way perhaps

Its such a difficult game to call

It is mate, forgetting about the winner, there are so many people who you think could finish in the top 6.

Same as Snowy tho, Jason Day will be my number 1 choice, followed by KJ Choi.

Â