Golf Season 2012

CI

Woods had a nightmare yesterday! Throwing clubs and all sorts. Drove into a fairway bunker leaving himself about 170 yards to the green. Spannered his approach out of the bunker into the desert and proceeds to sling his club out of the bunker. He then tries to play the ball from under a cactus left handed with a right handed club and duffs it about 10 yards! *facepalm*

Looks like Donald could be knocked of the #1 spot if Westwood or McIlroy go on to win in Arazona.

Also, after it was mentioned in this thread, ive order John Richardson's book 'Dream On' which should be delivered today....down to scratch by Christmas then! 8)

There must be more VT golfers out there. We really should be able to form a VT golf society & get some regular away days organised

That would be superb. I'm not a fan of playing the same course over and over again.

Shocked by Hunter Mahans win !

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no-one has got anything to say about the continued domination of World Golf by The Brits. Superb effort by Justin Rose yesreday to take The Cadillac World Golf Championship. Probably overlooked because of the media frenzy over Wood's latest injury with only a month to The Masters. Perhaps Tigger should try the same vet as Kauto Star

Rose played really well, but i think it was more of a case that Bubba threw it away.

Still ok for April?

I played on Saturday, left the driver in the car and just hit 3-iron off the tee on holes that needed a big club. Played the best ive played for ages, i think alot of it was down to giving me good chances of hitting greens in regulation because i was hitting fairways. Usually when im hitting my driver, it's 50/50 if i hit the fairway so more likely than not i end up blocking myself out, playing from the rough or leaving a tough shot in. I hit my irons really well (strongest part of my game) tbf, i was still hitting my 3-iron between 200-210 yards, now when i hit a good drive im maybe only gaining 20 or 30 yards on that!!!

Definately.......our club season started yesterday & the course looked perfect. I'm surprised we can't drum up some more VT'ers who love their golf. Bubba hasn't got much finesse & when the (pink) Driver went bobbins he had nothing else. Rose a proper Champion with a proper all round gamr

(wahey, 200 posts in 9 years, I'm becomming an addict)

We play a version called Gruesome Greensomes, your opponants pick your drive.....can get tetchy. Our Opener is Captains v Presidents, a nice gentle Matchplay. Gearing up for the first Medal now in what will be a packed season as we play in both the West Midlands League & the Midlands Scratch League

• 2 weeks later...
Â