Golf Season 2012

CI

It's not a scary course really. It's strategic & you need to think your way around. I think we should look at something late May/early June if we're looking at doing a golf day. I'm also happy to arrange a social knock before for the purposes of practice.

It's not a scary course really. It's strategic & you need to think your way around. I think we should look at something late May/early June if we're looking at doing a golf day. I'm also happy to arrange a social knock before for the purposes of practice.

Im in Mexico last week in May first week in June. I can do early May if thats ok with everyone else?

I have just taken delivery of my new Mizuno MP-53 Irons, and I'm quite excited. I'm looking forward to getting out on a course to give them a proper go. Come on snow, it is time to melt!

I have just taken delivery of my new Mizuno MP-53 Irons, and I'm quite excited. I'm looking forward to getting out on a course to give them a proper go. Come on snow, it is time to melt!

I know how you feel mate, havnt swung a club in anger for 2 weeks now.

I play with Mizuno myself, got the MX-300's with MP-11 wedges (black nickel) 52 & 58 degree. Love them, wouldnt play with anything else other than Mizuno now.

On a side note, ive noticed a couple of small rust spots on my shafts, best way of removing them?

On a side note, ive noticed a couple of small rust spots on my shafts, best way of removing them?

Steep them in coke overnight, rinse with water, dry, clean with WD40, do the missus up the wrong'un, job done.

The last step may not be integral to the process of actually cleaning your clubs... :P

Yeah I have heard good things about the Mizuno irons. I'm still building my set up, as I've been borrowing a set of Cobra's off my friend for the last year or so, I've just had a promotion at work so I treated myself to the 4-PW set :) . My friend who lent me the clubs plays with Mizuno's and swears by them, so I thought I would give them a go.

My next plan is to get some wedges (Sand and Gap) and long iron/rescue club. The guy who sold me the Mizuno irons, has some demo Vokey wedges that he said I can borrow for a round to see how I get on, so I might give those a go.

It has been a bit longer than two weeks since I last played unfortunately, more like two months. Christmas, Family and weather have hit my golfing big time. This weekend looks like a good bet, if we can organise it and get booked in anywhere. I think a trip to the range may be in order beforehand as I'll definately be a bit rusty.

I changed to Mizuno irons 2 seasons ago and never looked back. I've just added the new Mizuno utility & 3 wood too & they have really added to my play. I did however change the grips as I think the fitted ones are a little 'thin' & with genuine mid-size grips on these clubs are superb. Roll on tne season

Â