• Petrov
    • Clark
    • Bent
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor (for Heskey 46)
    • Gardner (for Collins 74)
    • Bannan (for Petrov 83)

Great day out in cider country.

It was a pleasure to finally see Villa from the terraces, something i thought i'd never get to see. The banter between the villa fans in the terraces on the side and the tent behind the goal was good even if the sound didn't travel too well with there being now roof on the terraced end!

Thought Guzan played very assuredly, came and claimed crosses that you wouldn't see Given going for. While i think that Given is a class shot stopper i don't think he should be walking back into the team with Guzan in such good form.

Gabby was a breath of fresh air when he came on, he always offers that spark that seems lacking without him and his goal was well taken.

Would love a trip to Notts County, Forest or even Wrexham in the next round.

Terrible match really but i guess it's hard to play football on a pitch that bad.

Guzan 7 - Didn't have much to do, good penalty save

Warnock 5 - Absolutely dreadful, gives the ball away so cheaply

Dunne 6 - Stupid mistake at the end, other than that didn't have too much else to do

Collins 5 - Does nothing but hoof the ball, so frustrating

Hutton 6 - Looks half decent going forward but dreadful at the back, gives plays people into trouble with terrible passes as well

Ireland 7 - Lively, composed on the ball and tried to play football on the ground

Petrov 6 - Solid, nice assist. Too many backward passes for me though

Clark 7 - Solid, breaks play down and keeps it simple. Quality goal as well

Albrighton - 6 Bit of a one trick pony and his crosses were dire. Good goal and his work rate was excellent as usual.

Heskey 4 - Didn't even notice him do anything

Bent 5 - Little to no service but didn't get himself involved enough for me

Gabby 7 - Changed the game for me, lively, energetic, chased things down and put people under pressure. Good goal too

Gardner 6 - Seemed composed on the ball, kept it simple and nearly scored a beauty

Bannan Didn't really have enough time to do anything

Most entertaining part of the day for me was the banter amongst the standing and "sitting" Villa fans. Some really good chants and banter from both sides

Was also a novelty being sat in a curry house a 5 minute walk from my house half hour after full time rather than being stuck in traffic trying to get out of Aston

Bent did **** all, yet again, and didn't look out of place at all playing on a League Two pitch. Ridiculous as that comment may be, his lack of workrate is really starting to bug me now. He offers nothing, and is a complete statue. If there is any truth in the rumours that Liverpool want to give us £30m (I doubt there is, as he isn't worth anything like that) for Bent then I would accept without hesitation.

The main hightlight for me was being back on the terraces - absolutely amazing and I wish VP was still like that. Some funny (and probably highly inappropriate) chants during the game, including: "Your brother's a word removed, your brother's a word removed, Gary Gardener, your brother's a word removed!" and "If anyone scores, we're on the pitch, if anyone scores, we're on the pitch."

My main thought from the game, aside from thinking we still managed to bore the world half to death despite scoring three decent goals, is that every single time Gabby gets hold of the ball he's showing Darren Bent up for the one dimensional donkey that he is. A great dimension it may be, but when it's not working for him it's like playing with 10 men.

Gabby is top drawer, in the form of his life. He MUST start up top against Everton, preferably on his own with Ireland behind.

Gosh Hutton and Warnock - not pretty. As mentioned above, Bent was a concern aswell. He just doesnt do taking people on, does he? Even against league 2 defenders, have a go...but naw. That coupled with the fact he couldn't hold the ball up for toffee, and it was a poor performance aswell. Ireland was busy, Clark looked good, as did Marc and Gabby when on. As has probably already been mentioned, the fun of singing, being on the terrace, and the banter with the posh villa fans made me completly disregard the game for long periods of time, actually :) I missed their goal, well the 'buildup' anyway, just saw it ripple in the back of the net. And it was only the guy next to me saying 'did you see that??' that made me look :D

Would like Leeds next plz..

This game illustrated perfectly why McLeish is a complete waste of space as a manager.

Set the team up horribly with no left side. Not sure whether Heskey or Ireland should have been there but Heskey is not capable of playing out there and Ireland needs to be central - and is starting to look good now when he is on the ball in there. He could have used Bannan on the left if he didn't want to start the Zog but, for some unknown reason, he is so desperate to squeeze the Powerhouse in and it is just not working.

Then he allows the team to descend into a panic in the last 10 minutes against v poor league two opposition when we are 3-0 up.

Â