• Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Clark
    • Bent
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor (for Heskey 46)
    • Gardner (for Collins 74)
    • Bannan (for Petrov 83)

Glad we won, honestly expected to lose. The play was disjointed in the first half, improved once Heskey had been put down, and were let down at the end by the usual suspects of Dunne and Warnock.

What did Warnock do, other than getting shot at from half a yard?

Job done on awful pitch.

3-1

could have been 3-2

..against 19th in 4th division club who have no manager and 5 main players missing....

Scoreline is irrelevant at this point we still won.

I said job done.

Nothing irrelevant at all in what i said.

Ah sorry. Again, it's cliché but at least we avoided a banana skin in this round of the cup.

For me Albrighton was poor today, his crosses were poor, few misplaced passes fair enough he got the goal but is nothing like the Albrighton of last year. I thought Hutton had a decent game, got forward well, few pass and moves. Ireland again was very good but the MOTM for me was Clark, calm on the ball doesn't rush it, good distribution and a great goal

Guzan 6

Warnock 3

Dunne 5

Collins 5

Hutton 7

Petrov 7

Clark 8

Ireland 7

Albrighton 6

Heskey 5

Bent 5

Agbonlahor 7

Gardner 6

Bannan 6

I enjoyed the game to be honest. Something completely different and was interesting to see who coped outside their comfort zones and who didn't.

There's always a chance we could have shot ourselves in the foot the job got done. Nothing much more to say really.

Gaby was superb when he came on. He created his own chance and stuck it away really well. Something Bent could do if he didn't suffer from cant-be-arsed-itis.

Great solo effort from Clarke, really pleased for him. I think he thought there was more to football than just hoofing the ball out of defence.

Albrighton did a good job keeping 2 of their players busy marking him throughout the game, and a well taken goal.

The goal conceded sums up the mental attitude that's creeps into the team and costs us in many games, too much pissing around and being lazy.

Warnock's lack of confidence made him play poorly this game, and there's no real reason for him to not feel confident.

Petrov MON for that pass alone.

Also think Albrighton's performance was overrated apart from his easy goal he was pretty naff.

Bent was in some great positions but the players didn't pass to him - not his fault!

Our defenders are class clowns we are never going to move forward with that lot. They're terrible with the ball like REALLY bad which causes us no-end of problems.

Interesting comments on the Dunne mistake, in the premier league you get away with that because the striker would have been pushing out quicker. Stupid mistake though.

All in all I thought it was a good performance and a well controlled game. Clark, Ireland and Petrov all good professional performances. Heskey a decent first half, thought everyone played well in a potentional banana skin. Nice tempo to the game, more of the same please.

Â