The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

Ideas for the new leader of the Labour Party.

34gohtv.png

#1 - Sooty

Up against a Boris Johnson led Conservative Party, it doesn't seem so ridiculous.

daily mail: sootys dad wanted everyone to have hand up their a....... In the war

If the Tories scrape over the line at the next election it will only be because Miliband is such a wet, empty and frankly useless vessel.

The Unions really screwed the pooch when they foisted Ed onto the PLP.

If the Tories scrape over the line at the next election it will only be because Miliband is such a wet, empty and frankly useless vessel.

If I was a Labour member I'd be furious about that. David was the choice of Labour MPs and party members.

In fact I'll be furious about it if Ed ends up as Prime Minister.

If I was a Labour member I'd be furious about that. David was the choice of Labour MPs and party members.

If I were...

Hey, we could have had a torture supporter!

Tbh inept as he is i'll just be meh about it if he were to win .... My life hasn't changed from Major to Blair to Brown to Cameron .. Ed may jump on populist bandwagons when he sniffs votes in it but he won't change anything and life will carry on as it always has .... We'll probably just get a return of Spitting Image as he gives them enough ammo for a whole new series

If I were...

What?

If I were...

What?

He's referring to Miliband the elder.

• Like 1

Tbh inept as he is i'll just be meh about it if he were to win .... My life hasn't changed from Major to Blair to Brown to Cameron .. Ed may jump on populist bandwagons when he sniffs votes in it but he won't change anything and life will carry on as it always has .... We'll probably just get a return of Spitting Image as he gives them enough ammo for a whole new series

Barring the fact we will all be having blackouts most nights that should be fun. back to candles will go

As we see on this thread with the vt Tory / ukip supporters making so many comments, there seems to be a push from that side of the uk political spectrum to try and personalise the whole leadership thing rather than question the policies of the respective parties. We all know that Cameron has failed on so many levels, from his inability to win an election despite the many millions of tax avoidance donations through to his failure to get even the basics right. As tony rightly says ish the uk has not had radical change for a while the biggest - and worst - was the selfish greed driven society of thatcher. Regarding milliband he has strong principles but is he a great leader ? Probably not, but compared to cuckold clegg and Cameron then the traits what political should be judged against he wins hands down

The next couple of months are key for all parties especially Cameron with ukip stealing his mps and the debacle over the eu , you just have to wonder of how much scrutiny of milliband is a deflection from the real issues surrounding a weak ineffectual pm

• Like 2

As we see on this thread with the vt Tory / ukip supporters making so many comments, there seems to be a push from that side of the uk political spectrum to try and personalise the whole leadership thing rather than question the policies of the respective parties. We all know that Cameron has failed on so many levels, from his inability to win an election despite the many millions of tax avoidance donations through to his failure to get even the basics right. As tony rightly says ish the uk has not had radical change for a while the biggest - and worst - was the selfish greed driven society of thatcher. Regarding milliband he has strong principles but is he a great leader ? Probably not, but compared to cuckold clegg and Cameron then the traits what political should be judged against he wins hands down

The next couple of months are key for all parties especially Cameron with ukip stealing his mps and the debacle over the eu , you just have to wonder of how much scrutiny of milliband is a deflection from the real issues surrounding a weak ineffectual pm

It shouldn't be about personalities but it has to be because none of other the "mainstream parties" can offer anything. None of them can defend their records or genuinely say they represent anyone apart from the folks who pay to put them there. Miliband is hollow and weak, if he can't lead a party of people who broadly agree with him, he can't lead a nation, Cameron an over-privileged spiv, Clegg a proven obsequious deceitful sycophant, and Farage is Mosley with a less successful personal stylist. 

So who do you vote for? The ones who **** the economy, the ones who are currently **** it, the ones who lied and sided with the ones **** the economy or the racists in the corner? 

Who is there? I've voted Tory in every election I've been able to but I am for the first time in my life at a total loss who to vote for because they're all tossers. Perhaps thats what I will write on my ballot paper next spring. "None of the above, they're all tossers" 

Edited by Eames
  • Like 2

Should we have a presidency and vote for that?

Hugely OT but I quite like HMtheQ. Something endearing about the old dear really - that said, I don't feel that for Charlie boy at all so who knows - that will probably be the opportunity but would you really want that? 

I can't see that Republicanism will ever take hold to a level where a President becomes a reality it would be too great a constitutional change and we don't really do political earthquakes here in Britain. 

250px-CCG_A_219_Deflection_Shield.png

presumably yourself and Ajax wont be using the "Ahhh but " and "deflection " argument in the other thread any longer  ....

rumours of another pact today between the wannabe leaders .. of course the last pact between would be Labour leaders  worked well  :D

• Like 3

He's referring to Miliband the elder.

Well, I don't think that suddenly makes Ed a better potential leader of the country than David.

Not that I think David would've made a good PM, I just think he would've been less bad than I expect Ed to be.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

presumably yourself and Ajax wont be using the "Ahhh but " and "deflection " argument in the other thread any longer ....

rumours of another pact today between the wannabe leaders .. of course the last pact between would be Labour leaders worked well :D

tony your post makes no sense whatsoever sir. If you honestly dont believe there is an element of focus by opponents of labour on milliband as a deflection when people like cameron are struggling then that is your perogative, but i think its wrong.
  • Like 1

Should we have a presidency and vote for that?

Hugely OT but I quite like HMtheQ. Something endearing about the old dear really - that said, I don't feel that for Charlie boy at all so who knows - that will probably be the opportunity but would you really want that?

I can't see that Republicanism will ever take hold to a level where a President becomes a reality it would be too great a constitutional change and we don't really do political earthquakes here in Britain.

the point is as we are seeing here people are thinking more of elected leaders of the country when we dont have one in the uk

presumably yourself and Ajax wont be using the "Ahhh but " and "deflection " argument in the other thread any longer ....

rumours of another pact today between the wannabe leaders .. of course the last pact between would be Labour leaders worked well :D

tony your post makes no sense whatsoever sir. If you honestly dont believe there is an element of focus by opponents of labour on milliband as a deflection when people like cameron are struggling then that is your perogative, but i think its wrong.

I think the focus is more as a result of Miliband's total failure to capitalise on the shambles that is the Tory party at present. Blair or Brown whatever you think about them would be systematically tearing Cameron a new arsehole at the moment. As a result of Ed's ineptitude, Nigel is doing it instead. 

Â