The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

peterms, on 20 Sept 2013 - 5:01 PM, said:

tonyh29, on 20 Sept 2013 - 4:06 PM, said:

the sound-bite about Ed asking Billionaires to pay taxes ..it's about as credible as Obama saying he would shut down Guantanamo

You think he won't do anything about taxdodging?

did he do anything about the tax efficient donations to Labour from JML that Labours own advisors advised on  ?

I believe they claimed it was "in line with the rules "  ... now where have we heard that line before ??

the sound-bite about Ed asking Billionaires to pay taxes ..it's about as credible as Obama saying he would shut down Guantanamo

did he do anything about the tax efficient donations to Labour from JML that Labours own advisors advised on  ?

I believe they claimed it was "in line with the rules "  ... now where have we heard that line before ??

Sorry Tony, I don't follow your train of thought at all. It's like we set off on the 12.35 from Waterloo, and we're now on llama-back in Peru.

• Like 2

peterms, on 20 Sept 2013 - 5:17 PM, said:

tonyh29, on 20 Sept 2013 - 5:05 PM, said:

Sorry Tony, I don't follow your train of thought at all. It's like we set off on the 12.35 from Waterloo, and we're now on llama-back in Peru.

then either I give you credit for more intelligence than you deserve or you just thought you'd throw another thinly disguised insult out there  ..

....  I'll await the usual sycophants liking your post  shortly though  :rolleyes:

Apparently today he's stated that if/when Labour are elected they will abolish the bedroom tax.

As lovely as I'm sure that is, hasn't he just given himself a problem here? By declaring this one will be abolished he's now going to have every tory policy quoted at him for a quick keep or bin quote. When asked, I'm sure he'd like to say something like 'all in good time we'll need to look at this holistically blah blah blah'. But now he can't without it looking vague or slippery.

I reckon both the Ed's are going to face some difficult questions about their proximity to McBride's revolting behaviour, carried out at the behest of their former mentor.. One Mong to rule them all one Mong to find them, One Mong to bring them all and in the Treasury bind them. 

Apparently today he's stated that if/when Labour are elected they will abolish the bedroom tax.

As lovely as I'm sure that is, hasn't he just given himself a problem here? By declaring this one will be abolished he's now going to have every tory policy quoted at him for a quick keep or bin quote. When asked, I'm sure he'd like to say something like 'all in good time we'll need to look at this holistically blah blah blah'. But now he can't without it looking vague or slippery.

Broke the cardinal rule there by actually saying something close to a policy

He'll regret it ....

• Like 1

I reckon both the Ed's are going to face some difficult questions about their proximity to McBride's revolting behaviour, carried out at the behest of their former mentor.. One Mong to rule them all one Mong to find them, One Mong to bring them all and in the Treasury bind them.

The cynic in me would say the release of Ed's first ever policy would be with the intention of trying to deflect from McBride

Shirley not ...

He'll regret it ....

It's a no-brainer.  The only puzzle is why Labour weren't strong and vocal in saying this much earlier.  Too cautious.

Probably.

Cameron and Osborne were still agreeing with everything the government were doing at this stage of the last parliament, weren't they? :P

you appear to be lost and want the condem thread :)

• Like 1

He'll regret it ....

It's a no-brainer. The only puzzle is why Labour weren't strong and vocal in saying this much earlier..

See my McBride post for the answer to that one

Cameron made the mistake of saying he'd give a referendum on Europe ... A cheque he couldn't cash ....

So usually better to just say " we'd look at it nearly the time as we don't have full access to the facts at this time "

you appear to be lost and want the condem thread :)

You can't cope with a conversation over two threads! :D

Too busy abusing you in the film thread :)

Seems it's not the lib dems Ed has his eye on a coalition with but UKIP

"So we are going to say to any firm that wants to bring in a foreign worker that they also have to train up someone who is a local worker, training up the next generation.

A suppose its more subtle than Browns racist slogan of "British jobs for British workers " though :)

The cynic in me would say the release of Ed's first ever policy would be with the intention of trying to deflect from McBride

The line in the papers today from Labour seems to be that McBride was a "lone wolf". I think that's known as the Murdoch defence.

He's a vacuous goon.

It would be nice to have a party come along with some genuine ideas, instead of wishy washy tosh like 'dealing with the tax loops'. My arse will Labour sort that out.

Basically 2015 is a choice of how fast you want the split between rich & poor to grow: quicker under Tories, and a lot more obvious; slower under Labour, and a lot more underhand.

As long as the Government/City/Legal system are all run by the same white blokes from Middle Class, Oxford/Cambridge backgrounds, there will be no change.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 2

The line in the papers today from Labour seems to be that McBride was a "lone wolf". I think that's known as the Murdoch defence.

"Murdoch after 2010 defence" to give it its correct title

• Like 1

Seems it's not the lib dems Ed has his eye on a coalition with but UKIP

"So we are going to say to any firm that wants to bring in a foreign worker that they also have to train up someone who is a local worker, training up the next generation.

A suppose its more subtle than Browns racist slogan of "British jobs for British workers " though :)

The argument is always that there aren't enough skilled British workers which is why companies bring in people from other countries. Labour want young people to be trained so there are more skilled British workers. What's the problem with that?

I know the Tories don't seem to be bothered about young people getting a decent education or employment though so I'll put it down to that.

Â