Whats the next big thing

b6bloke

Jesus H. Christ that is immense.

Theres more about it on their site http://www.priestmangoode.com/

Agreed. There's a certain elegance imo to how such a simple idea can really revolutionise things for the better.

No more long, crappy public train rides......I can't overstate just how good that would feel for me, especially in a city like Singapore where exorbitantly priced cars make public transport a necessity.

From the first 20 seconds of that video I have come to a conclusion, we all need to invest in guns and ammunition to fight off the relentless hordes of Chinese and Indians.

looooooooool

a war between those two WITHOUT tanks etc and melee weapons only (they both enjoye melee) would be like Return of the King.

All these new ideas are probably killing more jobs than they are creating. Id love to see the world in 200 years, I think it will be ****.

I like to think of myself as a pretty Westernised person but there is one thing I don't like about Western society in general (and American culture in particular) and that is the imo outdated idea that jobs can be created without education progressing as well. Let me use a simple analogy to illustrate what I mean.

Let's say we have a factory using old 1900s steam-powered technology to manafacture textiles, for example. And this factory provides jobs for 100 people. Because a production system like this is primarily dependent on manual labour, many jobs are created, but they're all low paying jobs as productivity per worker is low.

Eventually, the factory owner decides to do a full makeover of his factory and installs advanced robots and computers everywhere. Suddenly, the menial workers employed by the old steam-powered system find themselves out of jobs as their 100 jobs are replaced by just 10 highly skilled, computer literate workers. So they protest and complain to the unions.

But why complain? The jobs are there - it's the vocational training that's sorely lacking. This trend I think is particularly salient in America, where both the government and the unionists seem to think that workers have a god-given right to jobs without proper training to keep up with the times.

If the workers in my example were willing to undergo computer training, or if the government had provided them with vocational training programmes, 10 of them would not be out of a job - and these people would be earning much more now, because productivity per worker is raised thanks to technology. As for the other 90 workers, their computer training lands them in a better position to look for other jobs - and when general wages go up, the working populace as a whole will have more funds to invest in new businesses that provide jobs.

Oversimplified I'm sure, but valid in a broad sense in my opinion. Fewer jobs? First of all, make sure people are equipped with the skills necessary to take up existing jobs in the first place. In the case of trains and moving platforms, get rid of the menial ticketers and then equip them with the training to make sure they are able to, say, monitor train operations, or fix physical infrastructure.

A political party that represents the majority.............Solar panels are out, mini wind generators and small water mill generators, water storage and purification (on a small scale, ie your back garden)

A political party that represents the majority.............Solar panels are out, mini wind generators and small water mill generators, water storage and purification (on a small scale, ie your back garden)

This is achievable in home. Water wheels/mini turbines hooked up to your waste pipe in the sink, gutter, toilet, bath, shower etc. linked to an in home rechargeable battery. Essentially its waste energy. The flow from the national sewer network could surely be harnessed to generate electricity?

This is achievable in home. Water wheels/mini turbines hooked up to your waste pipe in the sink, gutter, toilet, bath, shower etc. linked to an in home rechargeable battery. Essentially its waste energy. The flow from the national sewer network could surely be harnessed to generate electricity?

Yep, look at all the small rivers and streams as well, the river cole, the blyth to name a few, each capable of generating electricity........there is a way around this energy crisis, the answers just dont suit those in power, the rich business owners!

Â