Trying POF again

Dante_Lockhart

I think guys tend to assume girls are as shallow as they are, but girls who are looking for more than a brief encounter are a lot less about looks than you probably think.
Some girls ARE shallow and looking for a brief encounter.

Depends whether they are the sort he wants to meet.

Absolutely true.

But I get the impression that Dante is a genuine guy looking for more than a one night stand.

Otherwise, surely he would have gotten back involved with his ex?

I've always preferred the shy, mysterious, smart guy at the back of a room.

Ahh the serial killer.

I firmly believe that there is too much made about types when really its just about people getting on and having a laugh and sometimes you can get that from the person you least expected it from.

The whole type thing can often narrow peoples choices down too much and they never find the right person instead of just being open minded and giving everyone a fair crack of the whip.

Like you said as long as Dante is himself he'll be fine if he's looking for something long term, if he's looking for just a fumble then he can be whoever he wants.

Dante, if you are looking to get your confidence up you should read a book called The Game by Neill Strauss its a bit cheesy, over the top and unbelievable at times but some of the stuff in there can help you, errr *stutter* so ive been errr told.

Laura, on a serious note, do you not think the 'claw' picture at least shows he is fun, outgoing and has personality?

You know what, regardless of the "do's and don'ts" which are only peoples opinions at the end of the day, Dante should just be himself.

So yes, if he thinks that is a good representation of his character, I think he should use it.

I think guys tend to assume girls are as shallow as they are, but girls who are looking for more than a brief encounter are a lot less about looks than you probably think.
Some girls ARE shallow and looking for a brief encounter.

Depends whether they are the sort he wants to meet.

Absolutely true.

But I get the impression that Dante is a genuine guy looking for more than a one night stand.

Otherwise, surely he would have gotten back involved with his ex?

That's me. I have morals and I've been brought up to respect. I had a 1 night stand once and felt used. Didn't like it. I'm much more the 1 woman man kind of guy and feel much more at home in a relationship.

Dante, How old are you? What is your dating age range?

There is definately more crazy sub 24 year olds on POF. Although the older ones are a bit more normal however they do tend to have more 'baggage'!

I'm 27. Put the range from 23-32.

Also, I've just read back what I posted

That's me. I have morals and I've been brought up to respect. I had a 1 night stand once and felt used. Didn't like it. I'm much more the 1 woman man kind of guy and feel much more at home in a relationship.

That didn't sound like I wanted it to. I don't mean people who have 1 night stands have no morals or respect for people, I simply meant I suppose I'm an old fashioned kind of guy. No offence intended.

I am 29 Dante.

In that case you should find a lot of genuine women. Especially in the 26-32 bracket. Just dont worry about rejection. For every 10 that don't reply the 11th may be an amazing girl who likes men with silly hats and claws ;-)

It sounds so clinical but POF IS a numbers game.

I would also recommend, genuinely, reading a copy of Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

Ignore what you might have heard about this book before. It basically discusses the fundamental differences between Men & Women (apart from the obvious!) and how simply being aware of these will help you understand things like, why you say one thing a Woman hears another. (And vice versa!)

I promise you will be nodding and relating to the stories the whole way through but I also promise that every relationship you have with the opposite sex, both business and pleasure, will be improved as a result. And if you have a partner, get them to read it too. I am a much better communicator with the opposite sex after reading this book.

Dante, why don't you shortlist say 3 girls who show some interest

Then upload their pics / profile on here and we'll have a VT vote off

Could get be very funny indeed if one of the girls turns out to be the partner of someone on here :shock:

not really

Dante, why don't you shortlist say 3 girls who show some interest

Then upload their pics / profile on here and we'll have a VT vote off

Could get be very funny indeed if one of the girls turns out to be the partner of someone on here :shock:

not really

Is that the voice of experience Shillzz console.gif

Â