Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are a collection of clever peoples stories to help guide us, not control us.

I think they started out as the former and quickly became the later.

I'd say some of the books were explicitly written to keep order and control e.g. Book of Judges.

And I would agree. I think though initially it was about trying to instill a moral code to guide people to behave in a certain way for the greater good rather than for anyone or anythings personal gain.

That changed though as it became more about control of kings and then the organised church and their own personal/collective aims.

not really read the bible cover to cover but would love to know if there are any proper gruesome stories, or raunchy stories in there.

a modern take on the bible would be awesomes.

David OWNS Goliath etc etc

Watch Hollywood movies

Surely you don't have to read the Bible you just go to church and have it read to you like one of those audio books

just you get it read to you by some nerdy type bloke instead of Stephen Fry ... Oh wait

not really read the bible cover to cover but would love to know if there are any proper gruesome stories, or raunchy stories in there.

I take it you don't know about Jonah and him getting nuts deep in that whale?

As for Noah well lets just say what happens at sea stays at sea but when Mrs Noah wasn't in the mood he had to look elsewhere.

I'm saying nothing more.

All Christians haven't read the bible, so I'm not sure how thats sound reasoning to say you can't disagree with something you haven't read cover to cover considering plenty of those that 'agree' haven't...

And I'm sure that argument on the flip side, you wouldn't be too happy about.

Regarding S&C saying he genuinely doesn't think there are any flaws in the bible, how do, for example lets say, your strong views on homosexuals fit in to modern day life?

proper gruesome stories

My "favourite" has got to be the one about summoning bears to kill children.

oh you mean this one?

We've all been there. You're walking along, minding your own business, when a gang of cocky, young bastards start hurling abuse at you. Most of us would just keep walking, or maybe, yell some insults back or flip them the bird. Elisha (commonly regarded as the Luke Skywalker to the Prophet Elijah's Obi-Wan Kenobi), however, decides to take it one step further. Invoking the name of God, he summons motherfucking bears to come and claw the shit out of them.

Read more: The 9 Most Badass Bible Verses | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_15699_the-9-most-badass-bible-verses.html#ixzz1d7SwWG00

]

[

Regarding S&C saying he genuinely doesn't think there are any flaws in the bible, how do, for example lets say, your strong views on homosexuals fit in to modern day life?

Given that his stated stance is that he thinks the bible is without flaw and he claims to have read it I can only assume he is aware of its stance on homosexuality.

Therefore I would say we already have an answer on that one sadly.

proper gruesome stories

My "favourite" has got to be the one about summoning bears to kill children.

oh you mean this one?

We've all been there. You're walking along, minding your own business, when a gang of cocky, young bastards start hurling abuse at you. Most of us would just keep walking, or maybe, yell some insults back or flip them the bird. Elisha (commonly regarded as the Luke Skywalker to the Prophet Elijah's Obi-Wan Kenobi), however, decides to take it one step further. Invoking the name of God, he summons motherfucking bears to come and claw the shit out of them.

Read more: The 9 Most Badass Bible Verses | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_15699_the-9-most-badass-bible-verses.html#ixzz1d7SwWG00

]

[

Yep

Given that his stated stance is that he thinks the bible is without flaw and he claims to have read it I can only assume he is aware of its stance on homosexuality.

Therefore I would say we already have an answer on that one sadly.

You would think so TV... I'm interested to know his stance though.

I can't tell you how many deeply religious people I have come across who gloss over homosexuality in the bible because they are not homophobic and have no problem with gay people.

The main reason I do not follow a belief is because as yet, I have never found a religion that doesn't have one, or more, fundamentals that I simply cannot follow.

I am interested to know, whichever side of the fence he sits on with this topic, how it affects his faith / life.

It pisses me off greatly that despite all the advances in science, religion still gets taught in schools. I have no problem with schools teaching ABOUT religion, but they still teach all the bollocks about Jesus being the son of god etc. I've already had my daughter repeating stuff that she's been taught about how god created the universe etc. I've had to tell her it's all made up like Disney stories. I don't mind her believing in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy, but I'm not having her head filled with Christian nonsense. Think I'm going to have to pay a visit to the headmaster.

Working my way back through the thread to the opening post I can't actually believe how this thread started.

For those who missed it,

Though this is only a brief analysis, it should present enough evidence that the Ark account is certainly within the realm of possibility. :winkold:

Really? How old did you say Noah was again?

Noah was 480 years old when he began the work and he had the help of his wife, three sons, and his son's wives. He probably hired local people to help in the construction.

oh yeah 480 years old when he started and it took 120 years.

Certainly seems possible to me.

Kiwi Villain & others..

Charles Taze Russell didn't have a translation of the Bible at all he used the Established Churches own translations to expose their false teachings.

I stand up for what I believe in and the God I worship!.... - I don't need to hide behind a keyboard and try and make myself feel important

by writing vitriole at others.

Quite frankly when I see the way posters behave on here and the way they treat each other and anyone who has the neck to stand up to them...it just makes me more sure that what I've found is definitely the right way to live as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Quite frankly when I see the way posters behave on here and the way they treat each other and anyone who has the neck to stand up to them...it just makes me more sure that what I've found is definitely the right way to live as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

So you're basing your belief system on the way people argue on the internet.? Interesting basis for the way to live your life. I'll think of that next time I hear of a JW dying in hospital as the result of being refused blood transfusions. "Yes, they've died as the result of a nutjob religion misinterpreting a centuries old text from some goat herders, but at least they don't argue about religion on the interweb". Extraordinarily mental.