Canuck Villan coming to watch Norwich Nov 5th, a question...

norton65ca

Where should I sit? I'm coming alone to watch The Villa against Norwich, I order my ticket this coming Friday...Where is a good place to sit, and more importantly, is there anyone here who might be inclined to have a foreigner hang out with them. I want atmosphere and noise, and I would like to go to a pub or two before and after, I was thinking Bartons Arms...

I am 48, born in the UK but have been in Canada for 38 years. Work in hitech industry, like motorcycles and good ale... I have never seen the Villa play a game, this is my first chance and I am looking forward to it immensely.

I wouldn't mind watching the game by myself, but if there's a fan or two who know of an empty seat nearby, I could strategically book that seat or in the area. Holte End?

Anyone?

cheers, Gary from Victoria BC

Don't know about the game as I am mile away too but book yourself onto the Villa Park tour (via offical web site) and have a meal in Holte Pub afterwards. I did that this summer with my son and welll worth it.

Holte End is definitely the best for atmosphere from memory. I reckon towards the back of the lower holte is a good place to be.

i havent been for a while but i doubt the centre of atmosphere has changed much!

Upper Holte centre. K3-K4-K5 4 being dead centre.

Lower Holte atmos was good last few seasons but ive done 3 home games so far this season and it's been pretty shite tbh.

Goes with the lower attendances I guess but if you want noise and if it's like it was last season to stand up you want centre upper for sure.

Could head to the Arms or The Ads is generally good for a chant with the lads.

Tour is defo a good idea too if you've got a day free while you're over.

Thanks for all the tips lads, just downloaded a map of the area and I'm pinning all the pubs onto it ;-), this is going to be superb. I could not be more excited, put yourself in my shoes, a Villan for some time now and never seen a match. I'm stoked. It may only be Norwich but I care not. VILLAVILLAVILLA!!!!!!!!

well, for better or worse, I've booked my ticket, K4, row 5, seat 99, who's by me?

My first ever Villa match!!!!! I am so stoked, can't wait, and on Guy Fawkes as well! Gonna be a heck of a day methinks... I've picked my pubs for the day's events, (Barton's, Villa Tavern, Addies, Swan & Mitre and maybe King Edwards if there's anything left of me) so excited for this. UTV!!!!

cheers, Gary from BC

well, for better or worse, I've booked my ticket, K4, row 5, seat 99, who's by me?

My first ever Villa match!!!!! I am so stoked, can't wait, and on Guy Fawkes as well! Gonna be a heck of a day methinks... I've picked my pubs for the day's events, (Barton's, Villa Tavern, Addies, Swan & Mitre and maybe King Edwards if there's anything left of me) so excited for this. UTV!!!!

cheers, Gary from BC

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Hopefully we win for you buddy!

• 2 weeks later...

yabadabadooooooooo

I'm flying out of mossy, wild wet west coast Vancouver Island tomorrow morning first thing for ENGLAND. you lot have absolutely NO IDEA how feckin' STOKED I am right now. I've got a whoppin' big bottle of Crooked Coast Amber Ale and I'm following that with a smaller but no less interesting bottle of Duvel Belgian to give me a nice sleep.... Seattle, Minneapolis then LONDON!! off to spend some time with the family in Southampton and Bournemouth then it's Brum, the National Motorcycle Museum, the Norton works on Bracebridge St then to the pubs and Villa Park!!!!!!!!!!

If you missed my point, I'm somewhat slightly excited.

Up the ever lovin' Villa!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add onto this thread rather than start another, I'm travelling up by car but have never driven in England before, let alone to Villa Park so naturally I'm thinking where the best place to park is? Any good recommendations? The only thing I can remember about parking up the Villa is my Dad paying the local youths to 'protect' the car.

what an absolutely fantastic day out for me!! i got to VP around 1 pm after spending the morning in central Birmingham taking in some sights such as the Art Gallery etc, then headed up to Witton Stn after realising my initial plan to walk to VP from New Street was categorically insane...lol. (Birmingham is a wee bit bigger than I thought...) The ground was awe inspiring as I approached after having three at the Aston Hotel. A fellow named Ken showed me around after I met him on the train. I spent some money at the Villa shop and wandered around until the ticket kiosk opened, then armed with my ticket and programme I climbed the steps of the Holte for the first time. Fantastic.

The game was gripping until the end, I smashed my shin on the seat in front of me when Bent scored the second goal and am sporting a massive bruise, burnt my tongue badly on the super heated Pukka Pie I bought at half time (Chicken balti of course, bloody delicious I thought), but the entire experience was magnificent. I was on the edge of my seat for the last ten or fifteen minutes I think, hoping and crossing all fingers and toes. End to end action, goal chances and great spirited play from the boys till the final whistle. Off back to the Aston for more after the game, some here may have met me out back on the patio, I had a plaid flat cap on with a black leather jacket. Thanks to the guys seated around me for making my first match a good time by being so friendly and welcoming.

I loved it, and hope one day to come back for more.

cheers and UP THE VILLA!!!! Gary from Victoria BC Canada

Â