Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Pleasantly surprised to see how decent Ireland were, still a concern about our cutting edge up front. 

we really are **** when Keane hangs up his boots. no other player has that ability around the box like he does. Doyle, Long and Walters all work hard but don't offer anything in the box especially Long who misses too many easy chances

I don't think he will voluntarily, MON might push him out but he is playing well in US so we can still use him.  Larsson was about 40 when he retired from international football so im sure he can still play on in a league not that intense 

RTÉ World Cup panel: John Giles, Eamon Dunphy, Liam Brady, Ronnie Whelan, Kenny Cunningham, Richie Sadlier, Didi Hamann, Ossie Ardiles, Neil Lennon, Brad Freidel and Paul Clement.
  • Like 1

be good to see Freidel on it, he talks some sense the odd time he does analysis. Good list of pundits except Lennon, Whelan and Cunningham. Be better than what BBC or ITV will serve up

• 2 months later...

Republic of Ireland squad: D Forde, K Westwood, S Given, R Elliot, R Keogh, M Wilson, S Coleman, J O’Shea, A Pearce, J O’Brien, J McCarthy, S Ward, G Whelan, D Gibson, A McGeady, A Pilkington, J McClean, R Brady, S Quinn, D Meyler, W Hoolahan, R Keane, S Long, D Murphy, J Walters, K Doyle, A Stokes.

Standby: Darren Randolph, Ciaran Clark, Paul McShane, Shane Duffy, Damien Delaney, Simon Cox and Conor Sammon

I suppose the biggest news is that Given is back in the squad.

Also while not with the senior team yet Grealish will be playing on Friday with the u21s.

Edited by packoman

Won't be happy it given gets the nod sunday night, I expect a team like this

Given

Coleman

JOS

Wilson

Ward

Whelan

McCarthy

McGeady

Brady

Wes

Robbie

Hope we can manage to get off to a good start, Georgia away is a tricky tie and I'm happy to get it out of the way early and not have more pressure on it later on in the campaign, Georgia will take points off sides I have no doubt about that.

Â