Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

He'll have them running through brick walls for the first few games then he'll get exposed. But because of his 'background' and ability to have the media shit scared he'll be treated like a god until he 'gracefully' retires.

I made a post earlier In this thread regarding MON being a motivator of men. I've never watched ireland and thought motivation  is the problem. 

absolute horrified by this appointment, my dislike for the man will make me boycott my own national team, absolute disgusted, I might even support England instead.

His tactics are no better than Trappatoni and Irish fans are idiots if think this man is going to play better football than Trap while the assistant has fallen out with 3 players already before appointed not that they are great players but shows what will happen. Worse of all is McGeady will now be picked for every game and look forward to the him playing at full back people like Whelan and McShane

He'll have them running through brick walls for the first few games then he'll get exposed. But because of his 'background' and ability to have the media shit scared he'll be treated like a god until he 'gracefully' retires.

I made a post earlier In this thread regarding MON being a motivator of men. I've never watched ireland and thought motivation  is the problem. 

id say that motivation is the least of the national teams problem

• Like 1

Not even going to give them a chance? 

no. dont like the man and dont want him in charge. never ever rated him or wanted him at Villa in the 1st place but I gave him a chance then and well he left us in the mire. not getting a 2nd chance 

O'Neill & Keane's first disagreement over the training bibs 

1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_ex

I don't find that remotely amusing :P:lol:

I'm going to take it as a good sign that MON requested Keane so their time at ITV should let both know whether they can work together or not :) Who knows. This little collaboration could be the making of Keane the manager. There's a good manager in there (Ipswich showed that). He just needs to remove the little bits of di Canio that are in there too :) and he's showing signs of that even in his punditry. He's still young!

I'm going to take it as a good sign that MON requested Keane so their time at ITV should let both know whether they can work together or not :) Who knows. This little collaboration could be the making of Keane the manager. There's a good manager in there (Ipswich showed that). He just needs to remove the little bits of di Canio that are in there too :) and he's showing signs of that even in his punditry. He's still young!

Do you mean Ipswich, BOF? You'll be hard-pressed to find an Ipswich fan who wanted him to stay and he was slightly better at Sunderland.

At Ipswich, he let Liam Trotter and Jordan Rhodes go for a pittance (Rhodes for £350,000!) and then signed Tamas Priskin (£2 million), Jason Scotland (£1 million), Grant Leadbitter (£2.5 million) and Lee Martin (£2 million). Obviously he won't be involved in transfers at Ireland, but that does hint at a poor eye for a player.

Ipswich were 19th when he was sacked despite being one of the biggest spenders in the division. He only won 34% of his games. Couple that with stories of him karate kicking the tactics board... I just think he's a belligerent, unstable character who I wouldn't want in charge of a team I supported.

I hope Ireland do well and I hope MON starts picking the 'younger' generation. Coleman, Clark, Gibson and McCarthy etc. Brady is obviously having a good season too. MON has the opportunity to bring through the young Irish contingent at Villa also. It should be exciting, anyway. 

If Roy Keane hadn't had such a great career would he have got this job? I think not. I think MON will do okay for them- 24 teams to go into 2016 ffs, even Scotland have a chance with that many. You cant compare O'Neill with Trap. He won all the major trophies in Europe, O'Neill a couple of titles in a 2 club league and a few league cups. About as good record as Mcleish, dare I mention his name!

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â