The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the point in giving him funds to buy another exciting player because you can gaurantee he will drain any flare or talent from them and process them through the Eck Convertor machine to produce yet another hesitant, defensive and sterile player to add to the roster.

To be fair to Mcleish this is a Villa thing and not exclusive to him. The players we have bought in the last say 5 - 7 years are let's be honest a mixed bag of talent but the ones who get better or perform as expected or better we sell (Young / Downing)and we manage to buy players that just don't perform as they did previously. (Zog / Bent / ....).

Not sure why this is but even further back, Bosko / Collymore etc. Yes people will point out it happens to all teams but on this scale ? I think not. Newcastle are a good example, look at their recent buys and look at ours ? Pound for pound who has the better deal ?

We all scramble around looking in the transfer thread for the summer (is it up yet) and get 1000 + pages but whether bad luck or a symptom of just doing things a little too cheaply we are forever going to be in this never ending circle.

Wheres this scouting network Paul Faulkner was on about! Also our kids may be brilliant at reserves and youth but as usual they never really stand out to be great players. If McLeish goes, I honestly think K-Mac and Cowans should go back to reserves and youth set up, a manager then brings his own set up.

McStupid is a failure of the worst kind. He has not got the brains to work out that he is not a managers arsehole ( correction, he is a managers arsehole ) everywhere he has gone he has left the teams that he has managed worse off that they were before he came. Yet he still has not worked this out.His tactics and team selections are pathetic to say the least.His criticism and comments about his owne players is un-forgiveable. He does not know how to react to changes made by other teams during a game. In fact the only thing he knows ( and he does not know that very well ) is how to defend,and he sends teams out with the idear to play 11 men behind the ball and go for 0-0.

In a word he is PATHETIC.

And if he is still here next season then we are in really big trouble because after he has had a go at replacing and rebuilding the team we will start from a much more inferior position than we did this season.

Wheres this scouting network Paul Faulkner was on about! Also our kids may be brilliant at reserves and youth but as usual they never really stand out to be great players. If McLeish goes, I honestly think K-Mac and Cowans should go back to reserves and youth set up, a manager then brings his own set up.

I would get someone in who knows a bit about football and rip up everything currently in place. It's the only way, we forget that at a fundermental level the business of AVFC is a failing business, if we made biscuits we would be out of business by now. Moving a few departments around and slotting people around into available slots just aint going to do it. Strip the fín lot out and start again.

Get some football people in and base the business on the product, the entertainment on the green stuff, get this right and it all flows together. God, they make it all so difficult. (entertainment :oops: I know, I know)

[we manage to buy players that just don't perform as they did previously. (Zog / Bent / ....).

I'd say that's a bit harsh

A little bit yes I know but just trying to make a point. People say you get what you pay for, my point is that if it is AVFC in general this rule does not apply to us.

Do you know what I mean ?

More & more journo's are using the word untenable now

Lerner/Faulkner must have watched Blackburn debacle last night & thought that is us next year

I do feel for McLeish though, he never stood a chance here

I feel bad for him as a man. But he really did have a good shot. He just didnt seem to have it in him to get even our first 11 playing well or dominating a game. I cant remember a single game this season when we were on top and dictating play, I am hard pressed to remember a game we had more possession.

But we shouldnt talk abut him int he past tense. He is still manager and Lerner has given zero indication he is likely to make a change.

Our best eleven this season wouldn't have been good enough to dominate any game, even with a different manager. You simply can't blame everything on the manager.

I watched the Blackburn game last night and the subsequent interviews after the game. One of the Blackburn players stated that the players had to take responsibility for relegation and the manager had done everything he could to motivate them.

I would hazard a guess that if we too had been relegated then there would have been very little mention of our players taking responsibility on here. Yes our present manager has made mistakes, but the performances of our players has been hidden in behind the hatred for McLeish.

No sorry don't agree with that Morpheous, We cannot blamed everything that the fans hate McLeish, the fact his tactics are bollocks, playing Heskey LW, I'd rather complain about MON playing Cuellar RB, however this guy takes the biscuit with his tactical ineptness. I honestly think if the manager held up his hands to mistakes, fans would be fairly forgiving, but he has blamed this season on everyone but himself, then has the gaul to say he has protected them? Our set piece defending has been abysmal, constantly says he'll work on it, but never improved. Players have themselves stated about tactics, such as N'Zogbia and Bent, the focus is to defend. Now revert 12 months back where he said he didn't attack with Blues because he never had the players. Players do have to take accountability totally, but McLeish is the MANAGER, the buck stops with him for everything that happens on that pitch.

'PussEKatt' we lost our label as an attacking team once Downing and Young were sold.

Dont agree with that.We are still a team that prefers to attack,its just that without Downing and Young we dont do it as well.And then McStupid came along and now we have players that want to attack bieng told to defend.No wonder we are crap on the field, the players are bieng asked to play a style of football that is completly alien to them.

No sorry don't agree with that Morpheous, We cannot blamed everything that the fans hate McLeish, the fact his tactics are bollocks, playing Heskey LW, I'd rather complain about MON playing Cuellar RB, however this guy takes the biscuit with his tactical ineptness. I honestly think if the manager held up his hands to mistakes, fans would be fairly forgiving, but he has blamed this season on everyone but himself, then has the gaul to say he has protected them? Our set piece defending has been abysmal, constantly says he'll work on it, but never improved. Players have themselves stated about tactics, such as N'Zogbia and Bent, the focus is to defend. Now revert 12 months back where he said he didn't attack with Blues because he never had the players. Players do have to take accountability totally, but McLeish is the MANAGER, the buck stops with him for everything that happens on that pitch.

If you read my post again i do not blame everything on the apparent hatred for McLeish. What i am saying is that if we had been relegated then there would have been little or no mention of the fact that some of our players have given less than a 100%.

'PussEKatt' we lost our label as an attacking team once Downing and Young were sold.

Dont agree with that.We are still a team that prefers to attack,its just that without Downing and Young we dont do it as well.And then McLeish came along and now we have players that want to attack bieng told to defend.No wonder we are crap on the field, the players are bieng asked to play a style of football that is completly alien to them.

Attack with what exactly?

Before Keane was signed in January neither of our wingers was playing to form so no supply to Bent.

Very little creativity in midfield until Ireland started to find some form and when he did, then Bent got a bad injury.

However when Keane arrived in January we had more of an attacking threat through the middle but when Keane left that attacking threat went with him.

You also have to factor in Gabby's injury, his subsequent loss of form and please tell me how then could McLeish set us up as an attacking team?

He simply couldn't so he made us hard to beat to try and get enough points to keep us safe.

If you read my post again i do not blame everything on the apparent hatred for McLeish. What i am saying is that if we had been relegated then there would have been little or no mention of the fact that some of our players have given less than a 100%.

Don"t forget that some of the players were playing out of position and the WHOLE TEAM were playing a different style of football.

When I was playing football ( I was a right half ) I played 1 game as left half and 1 game as inside right,and I was crap in both of those games.Because I was not used to playing in those positions,and I believe that the Villa players have a valid point for their peformances this term ?! because of that.

Also in the last world cup in the game Vs Germany the coach sent the Australian team out to defend and we got beat 3-0 BECAUSE Australia go out to attack, and defending is a totally different style to what we are used to.

So,it is down to McStupid and his tactics and style of play.

Don"t forget that some of the players were playing out of position and the WHOLE TEAM were playing a different style of football.

When I was playing football ( I was a right half ) I played 1 game as left half and 1 game as inside right,and I was crap in both of those games.Because I was not used to playing in those positions,and I believe that the Villa players have a valid point for their peformances this term ?! because of that.

Also in the last world cup in the game Vs Germany the coach sent the Australian team out to defend and we got beat 3-0 BECAUSE Australia go out to attack, and defending is a totally different style to what we are used to.

So,it is down to McStupid and his tactics and style of play.

There are mitigating circumstances injuries etc ..however to pretty much replicate the performance he did with Birmingham shows me the blame lies with him.I have seen nothing at all this season in any game to make me think he has any clue what so ever.

The players are also to blame though Dunne on Sunday is a prime example of some of the clueless defending we have seen this season.Ironically apart from that he was MOTM for me but him and others time after time make these mistakes every game.So yes the players are to blame as well but for me the manager is the most at fault and we have seen from these players good performances in the past ,Mcliesh in 4 years in the Premier League has been poor.

Â