The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Sent out differently? What does that even mean? Do you honestly think mcleish tells them to go out there and be shit for the second half?

Blackburns response to us going a goal up against a team playing at home is normal...do you think theyre gonna just roll over and let us win? They managed to get a late equaliser, fairplay to them. There are no easy games in this league and when the squad is as ageing and average as ours then it makes things harder. We havent got the players to go on and batter them 3 or 4 nil. Especially with Bent out as well. If N'Zogbia hadnt managed to put us a goal up (who also gets slagged off on here left right and centre btw) then i cant see where a goal is coming from. Nowt to do with the manager, we just havent got he players

If you really think that, you or I may as well Manage us then ?

You may have had a point had this been a 'one-off' - but it happens game after game after game, and it happened to him game after game after game at Blues too.

Don't you read his comments, or see his tactics ? He is so obviously a negative, defensive, manager it baffles me how anyone is left who can't see it.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think mcleish tells them to go out there and be shit for the second half?

Either he is not giving the right message or he is giving the right message and the players are not listening to him, ie he has lost the dressing room. Which do you think it is?

Blackburns response to us going a goal up against a team playing at home is normal...do you think theyre gonna just roll over and let us win?

No but I expect my team to have the resilience to be able to cope with one of the poorest teams in the league who's fans were doing a protest and totally against the manager, I mean there are those who have said to do that actually gives the opposition an advantage and so we shouldn't do it. Didn't seem to affect Blackburn too much.

when the squad is as ageing

What was the average age of the first team today? How many youth players that we were told would be brilliant were playing?

We havent got the players to go on and batter them 3 or 4 nil

Not sure anyone is saying we should have done that. Personally I would have been happy to have kept the half time score for another 45 minutes

Nowt to do with the manager, we just havent got he players

So why do we need a manager at all then?

All these people calling for mcleishs head... Can one of you tell me what good it would do to sack him now and more importantly who could we get to replace him? And please dont say kevin mcdonald

Well apart from anything else it would show that just like in anyone elses job if you are incompetent and driving customers away you need to go.

I don't even care whether we go down, I just want rid of a man who has made us utterly unwatchable.

And, no, I don't care where he was from.

Nowt to do with the manager, we just havent got he players

We just haven't got the players!

With the players at our disposal we should be doing a damn site better than we are and this is down to the team management style.

We have a better squad of players than quite a few teams above us but if that squad is not utilised correctly and not motivated correctly and not organised and managed correctly then it will perform incorrectly.

Not sure anyone is saying we should have done that. Personally I would have been happy to have kept the half time score for another 45 minutes

Hang on a sec.. He gets labelled as negative yet you yourself say you want to hang onto a 1-0 win. Is that being negative or not? Im confused

No not being negative at all. Keeping 1-0 doesn't have to mean you are being negative, it can mean you restrict the possession of the opposition and retain more of it yourself so that you are not under the pressure we were. How about you answer some of the other points I made?

Not as poor as the others I have mentioned.

Do West Brom have a 18M pound striker in their squad or a 9.5M winger or an 8M midfielder? Do Swansea or Norwich? Swansea or Norwich have a goalie as good as ours? Honestly I believe we have a better squad than any of those clubs, two of them were in the elague below us last season by the way.

Sent out differently? What does that even mean? Do you honestly think mcleish tells them to go out there and be shit for the second half?

Blackburns response to us going a goal up against a team playing at home is normal...do you think theyre gonna just roll over and let us win? They managed to get a late equaliser, fairplay to them. There are no easy games in this league and when the squad is as ageing and average as ours then it makes things harder. We havent got the players to go on and batter them 3 or 4 nil. Especially with Bent out as well. If N'Zogbia hadnt managed to put us a goal up (who also gets slagged off on here left right and centre btw) then i cant see where a goal is coming from. Nowt to do with the manager, we just havent got he players

i didnt see the game but have had the misfortune of watching most of the dog shit he has served us for football this season.

IF we manage to go a goal up and it gets to half time we ALWAYS play more defensively second half, i say always, in all the games i have watched this season where we have managed to go in at the break ahead.

so to think for 1 second that this particular tactic which he semed to have used at the scum also, would suddenly be dismissed or ignored for 1 game, i can only say i very very much doubt it.

do i think blackburn would roll over and let us win?

well lets look at their home record this season

played 14

won 4

drew 1

lost 9

they have the second worst win record in the league and have conceded more goals than any other club

hardly a tough opponent are they?

there is no easy games in this league?

oh come on, really? really?

we have a 4 game run where the best team we play is 13th place fulham, we will have played all of the bottom 3 in those 4 games, you cant really get much easier than that can you?

and we havent got the players?

again i would disagree, we have the players alright, however there is **** all use having them if you play your right back as a right midfielder, your shittest fat old striker as left midfield, pack another defender in the midfield and have a further 4 at the back and order them to kick it as high in the air as they can and keep their fingers crossed it falls to darren bent.

darren bent who has played his entire career so far as a top striker, playing on the shoulder of the last man, NOT being used as a battering ram and expecting him to come deep for the ball, (oddly just like how he got injured).

gabby is a forward, not a left midfielder

nzogbia was used to greatest effect by his previous manager, playing in a certain position ( i think it was on the right drifting in?) however this manager knows better and plays him out of position

you see we may as well have a basket ball sized team playing rather than the quality players we have at our club with the shit tactics and total lack of modern day football the orange scalped flid has.

we could have messi rooney van persie up front but he would use the same tactics and expect them all to leap for every hoof

and then blame everyone but himself for getting the players in such a shit mess on the pitch that they dont know what the **** they are supposed to be doing.

mind you, when they do say something, they get dropped just as ireland and nzog found out

that will teach them for trying to get some form and speaking their mind seeing a club they dont actually have any feelings for crumbling and being used as second hand shit paper by this useless so called manager

You can have all the 20million strikers in the world (ours just got injured btw) but you need a defence first. Lets face it, our defence is shite. Yes, Given is decent but are you telling me you wouldnt prefer the young lad at Swansea? Our midfield is also poor. Our strikeforce is also poor now Bent is injured. Sacking mcleish now will not magically change this

All these people calling for mcleishs head... Can one of you tell me what good it would do to sack him now and more importantly who could we get to replace him? And please dont say kevin mcdonald

Do you want him to continue?

yes. No point in sacking him now. Im still waiting for someone to tell me who to replace him with.

Surely those who are paid an absolute fortune should be considering who to replace him with.

The fact that neither I, nor anyone else probably, can give a definitive answer to your question is not reason to maintain the status quo?

Just for a moment liken this situation to any local business out there. The results are shocking, the employees are not performing and customers are being driven away in their droves because the product has failed.

Now, as CEO of said business, I want to stem the tide and stop the business getting any worse and retain and keep satisfied those customers that I still have, what do I do?

I look at the way the business has been managed by the person that I appointed to manage it, I look at the way in which that person motivates and leads the team, I look at the product that this person gives to the customers and why it has been made less popular.

Then, as CEO of said business, I conclude that I made a mistake and employed the wrong person to manage the business and accordingly I relieve the manager of his job.

I then appoint someone from within the organisation to manage on an interim basis with my support and the support and guidance of anyone else who I deem fit to provide this whilst I spend whatever time is necessary searching, interviewing and recruiting a successor.

In other words, if its broke then fix it!

Look at Blackburns stats all you want it means nothing. I see you fail to mention they beat United at Old Trafford. They have it in them to play well. Seems that happened second half today, afterall, theyre fighting for their lives in this league against a squad of similar quality sk always had it in them to nick a goal.

You can have all the 20million strikers in the world (ours just got injured btw) but you need a defence first. Lets face it, our defence is shite. Yes, Given is decent but are you telling me you wouldnt prefer the young lad at Swansea? Our midfield is also poor. Our strikeforce is also poor now Bent is injured. Sacking mcleish now will not magically change this

no magic is needed just plain old fashioned common sense

if it looks like shit

if it smells like shit

if it tastes like shit

it is a shit

sacking the tard of a manager will save this club

the reserve team manager/ coaches should take charge, at least they know how to win a game, wouldnt cost any more and would give the players some rest bite from looking , smelling and tasting the shit the manager keeps doling out

Not as poor as the others I have mentioned.

Do West Brom have a 18M pound striker in their squad or a 9.5M winger or an 8M midfielder?

Striker? Nope. Winger? Yup. Midfielder? Yup.

Do Swansea or Norwich?

Swansea? Yup on the winger and midfielder. Norwich? Probably yes on the winger, I'd imagine Pilkington's stock will have risen quite a bit come the end of the season.

Swansea or Norwich have a goalie as good as ours?

Swansea do.

no magic is needed just plain old fashioned common sense

if it looks like shit

if it smells like shit

if it tastes like shit

it is a shit

sacking the tard of a manager will save this club

the reserve team manager/ coaches should take charge, at least they know how to win a game, wouldnt cost any more and would give the players some rest bite from looking , smelling and tasting the shit the manager keeps doling out

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and tastes like shit. You probably shouldn't have tasted it.

Â