The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I'm sorry but not going just because times are hard just makes you a shit fan.

i dont want mcleish here and i'm not happy with how things are going at the moment but doesn't mean i'm gonna stop going and stop supporting the club.

Then I must be a shit fan.

Considering the distance between myself and Villa Park, the go/dont go decision is already a fine one regardless of how we're doing. If we happen to be playing the kind of football that we did on Sunday then i'd much rather spend the money on going out for an enjoyable meal instead. Following Villa isnt some kind of religiously driven path of righteousness, if the entertainment on offer doesnt justify driving 2 hours up the motorway, then it's a no brainer.

can understand if you haven't got a season ticket and have to travel 2 hours to game, its more aimed at the people who have brought a season ticket and are saying they can't be arsed to go...

but... i go to the villa to support us and hopefully see us win, if we play nice football on the way to winning its a bonus. I dont go to football to be entertained, i'm a villa supporter not a customer.

You are a customer. Whether you see yourself a something else is down to your discretion.

I haven't been to a game this season and will not while this joker is managing the team.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/\

This if you take the emotion out of it, which I understand is difficult, why is it you pay money to go to Villa Park?

For me first and foremost it's because I like watching football.

Then the question is why Villa Park, why not the Emirates, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge etc, all as easy for me to get to as Villa Park?

Well for me it's because members of my family before were Villa fans.

Now ask yourself what have the club done this season to persuade to choose to watch a game of football in their ground?

Club's have been treating their supporters as customers for years, increasing ticket prices, 3 strips a season, £5 for a pie and a pint at half time and they've been doing this based on the loyalty of those customers, the board know that they can pretty much do anything they want, sell off their best assets, ignore protests and appoint a useless manager and continue to raise ticket prices and yet the loyal customer due to the belief of some sort of social contract will continue to put their hands in their pocket and turn up in the thousands.

We are what we are and the clubs know it, and thats why no matter wwhat we do, sing, or say in the ground will change a thing, becuase we've just paid them a shit load of cash for the priviledge and that's all they really care about.

sucess = more fans = more fans = more cash = better players = success and so on.

but... i go to the villa to support us and hopefully see us win, if we play nice football on the way to winning its a bonus. I dont go to football to be entertained, i'm a villa supporter not a customer.

When it gets to a point when the team aren't arsed, then why should the fans be? If the team gives 100% and lose every week then fair game, but we aren't having a go at teams at all.

You win and lose in football, I think everyone can accept it, but the turgid performances we are being put through are the worst I have seen in my 16 years as a season ticket holder. We don't bother attack the goal and when we go 1-0 down the game might as well end there.

Villa Park has had the worst atmosphere I've known this season, and it's because of the shite we have to watch on the pitch week after week. There seems to be just an apathy about that McLeish and the board have spread about, it just isn't good enough.

Villa winning and playing great football>>>>Villa winning>>>>Villa playing great football>>>>shit

Unfortunately we're at the bottom of that scale right now.

As others have mentioned, the relative success of the likes of Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers shows how ridiculous that one of our main criteria when finding a new manager was "Premier League Experience".

Really what we need is ambition, desire and good ideas (and not being too bothered about the lack of money). Then the rest will fall into place.

I'd happily look at a Championship manager like Adkins or Mackay or Poyet or Howe or even go to League One for someone Clark. Just someone with a point to prove, who's ambitious, and won't be satisfied by playing negative football and being more concerned with not losing than actually winning.

I'm just waiting for the regular article to appear on the OS about how McLeish wants the team fired up for a big game.
Here we go

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2553827,00.html

Some golden McLeish quotes

"It was good first half. I thought it was very even, aside from the slackness at the set-pieces."

"I have watched the first half again and I wasn't too unhappy at all. In the second half we started sloppily and Liverpool may have added to the lead but in the end we huffed and puffed and didn't have the quality against a team of their experience and quality."

"The set-pieces were a concern but we are not going to dwell on it. We are working on it and we have been working on it.

We are working to try and eradicate the slips at the set-pieces. Is it a lack of concentration? It's about being up close and personal with your immediate opponent too.

We have worked on these things and hopefully the lads will be more vigilant than they were the other night."

"Now it's about bouncing back. We always feel we want to react in a positive way. We have been good at bouncing back.

word removed.

To be fair, what do people expect him to say?

"We was fokin' shit, innit. I've told the lads that they gots to be doin' betta, or I'll **** 'em up proper Glasgow style."

I'm pretty sure that's how people from Scotland talk?

Anyway, he's going to continue to say the generics, but that's not why he should do one.

Well you would expect him to say something like the performance wasn't good enough at all by our standards. The fact he is sugar coating it is embarassing. He doesn't seem to realise he's not managing SHA anymore.

But yeah, the stuff he says mean **** all anyway. We've seen it time and time again it never reflects on the pitch.

He's got to try and stick by the players though.

Same as Steve Kean. He knows the fans aren't liking it. If he starts publicly criticising the players then he'll lose them and he's got no one.

I'm not saying that those quotes are accurate, or that I want him here as manager. But no one should be expecting to hear him say anything different. Nature of the game.

He can do one, because he is so negative. In that Liverpool game, I was bewildered that when we had a good free kick in an attacking position, ripe for a cross into the box, Liverpool left 1 player out of the box, we must've left 6 out of the box. That's right, we're chasing a game being 2-0 down, it's the 82nd minute, we get a free kick and probably only 3 players went into the box for it, whilst everyone else just stood around with their hands on their hips. You only do that if your winning and it's into the 90th minute. That's just one thing I can't actually get my head around, and if someone says "well there's 10 minutes left, you're 2-0 down, you aint gonna get anything out of it" - well they need donkey blocking, as that's the kind of attitude that gets you relegated. I started watching Villa in my teens, when we had BFR, and being a season ticket holder, I've never been angrier after a game before in my life. I can take a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool if we make a show of it and really go for it, but to see the team just give up when there's still 10 to 15 minutes left is just soul destroying for me.

And despite what Collymore was saying on talksport after the game on the way home, "Name me one manager whose available who could do better with those players" I retort with "name me 1 manager who lets his team give up on a game when there's 10/15 minutes left to go when their 2-0 down?" The answer will always be McLeish. I don't think he understands even if we just pulled one goal back and went for it, it would give us something that his side isn't giving us at the moment, and that's hope. And without hope, whats the point?

Â