Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

He's not had a chance to play PL football yet FFS !!

there's a reason for that i.e. he's not good enough

How do you know exactly?

i saw him the other night for the u19s, he was woeful despite scoring a hat trick

Sorry Sir_gary but you really have zero credibility mate :D

No, but deep down, we all know it'd be a duller place without him!

thank you, i know it's not meant as a compliment

Naaa it was a compliment, we're all entitled to our opinions.

doing it in the championship and doing it in the prem are 2 very different things

Zzzzzzzz :bonk:

it is, the standard of play is much better and quicker in the prem, he won't be able to cope

Well done for stating the blumin obvious.

How do you know exactly?

i saw him the other night for the u19s, he was woeful despite scoring a hat trick

:lol:. Yeah I thought that too, he was shocking, apart from single handedly winning the game for Villa...

If his goals and assists won us the league, would you say he was woeful other than almost single handedly winning the league for us?

The guy can pass, he can create, he can take a sublime freekick, score with both feat, score with his head, score wonder goals, score tap in's and has great positional sense. I'm sure he can be a major help to our current first team.

Tell me you still think he is woeful when you watch the highlights of him before his injury and following his injury on AVTV. Not sure if the old youth highlights are still on there, but he has been our best young players in donkeys. He was on the verge of the first team in 2009 before the injury at 16/17. He'd probably be at Man City right now if it wern't for that.

Sorry Sir_gary but you really have zero credibility mate :D

No, but deep down, we all know it'd be a duller place without him!

thank you, i know it's not meant as a compliment

Naaa it was a compliment, we're all entitled to our opinions.

haha thanks mate!

How do you know exactly?

:D i thought you'd pick up on that! never one to miss an opportunity, are you zatman?

How do you know exactly?

:D i thought you'd pick up on that! never one to miss an opportunity, are you zatman?

Wouldn't really call it an "opportunity" more of a stating-of-the-obvious that your claim was absolutely ridiculous...

Maybe I wasat a different game to SGC, but I thought Gary was superb against Ajax (likewise against Rosenburg). He has a bit of everything, he tracked back when he needed to, scored the goals, he was demanding the ball rather than waiting for it to be passed to him.

As for his passing, there was one bit towards the end, probably last 10/15 mins when he and Johnson had a one two on the wing, I said to my dad, looks like we are happy to keep the ball now, next thing Gary pings a pass to the other wing straight to Grealish, great passer of the ball.

He is also very calm in front of goal, places the ball on occasions when others would put there laces through it.

Reckon we will see him back at Villa in January, he definately has the talent to be a first team regular at Villa.

his passing and first touch were horrific, he was horrible to watch to be honest

Even stars have bad games sometimes.

HATRICK :!:

he's not a star, far from it in fact, he was awful in that game, really terrible and yet still gets heaps of praise

his passing and first touch were horrific, he was horrible to watch to be honest

Even stars have bad games sometimes.

HATRICK :!:

he's not a star, far from it in fact, he was awful in that game, really terrible and yet still gets heaps of praise

Never said he was a star, Rooney has bad games, where his touch and passes are off. Lampard certainly has a few of those too.

I honestly think you were watching the wrong the player.

He scored 2 goals all by himself, one from free kick and one an excellent solo effort. The first goal was a superb and difficult header. Thats why he got the praise. If we won 23-0, you might have a point, but we 3-0, all from Gardner.

I find it hard to find many faults with Gardner at the moment, as well as the obvious qualities, his positional sense is first class, its not a fluke he gets so many goals you know. He is also strong for his age, and at 6ft 2, would add a new height dimension to our midfield.

Grealish was pretty poor when he came on, is he still going to be brilliant?

he definately has the talent to be a first team regular at Villa.

Under McLeish??

Doubt it

Yes under McLeish, Gary has too much talent to be ignored. If he doesn't get a game for our first team, another Prem team will sign him up.

Also don't forget Petrov is getting older, I think Gardner will be our future captain.

Wasn't his getting the job on the understanding that he used the youth? I'm sure the Randy interview mentioned that.

he definately has the talent to be a first team regular at Villa.

Under McLeish??

Doubt it

Yes under McLeish, Gary has too much talent to be ignored. If he doesn't get a game for our first team, another Prem team will sign him up.

Also don't forget Petrov is getting older, I think Gardner will be our future captain.

Wasn't his getting the job on the understanding that he used the youth? I'm sure the Randy interview mentioned that.

McLeish's record with youth is utterly terrible hence my doubtfulness.

Â