AV Hong Kong Tour

LeafyVilla

Well I work at LHR T5 for British Airways and knew the lads were flying out tonight so I went over to try and get a few autographs for my son (he's only 3 but will appreciate them in years to come), I first got Mark Albrighton's as he came out of Wagamamma's restaraunt and wished him well for the season, I had to get back to work but soon found out that I would be loading their plane thanks to my work partner asking for the job, once everythng was nearly done I got my mate to cover me and went upstairs to try and catch them as they boarded the plane, and then proceded to get Darren Bent & then the legend that is Ian Taylor, all seemed in good spirits as they boarded the plane (which left late in true BA style), As Richard Dunne passed me by I never realised what a man mountain he is, he looked huge, didnt see Gabby but he was on the flight, Ireland looked very happy, and Makoun just had a big cheesy grin, overall I have to admit this has put the fire back in my belly about AVFC and now I cant wait for the season to start.......UTV

I couldn't really take pictures where I was which was a bit of a shame as it would have been nice to have them to go with the autographs, I didn't see McLeish but someone did say the manager wasn't there, I can double-check this by seeing if his name was on the passenger list.

First wouldn't be big enough for all of them would it only 14 seats on that route if i recall ?

did they all go Club or did they split between first and club ?

Split between first/club and apparently some even down the back in cattle class which I suspect would just be some of the young faces that I didnt recognise that were dressed in claret polo shirt & trousers, where as the players were all in the new yellow top (very nice) and trackie bottoms, I'm still chuckling at Ian Taylor patting me on the back and saying thanks when he heard me telling some woman who asked who he was that he was a Villa legend.

Just watched the AVTV features for day two of the tour and the boys look relaxed and having fun (especially Gabby and Albrighton - who looks like Young's replacement for Gabby!!!)

Some good promotional stuff going on too - making me excited for the season, regardless of the transfer/management shenanigans that have dominated our summer!!!!

The Villa Trams & Buses are awesome!

This tweet made me smile earlier

We love it here in Hong Kong. Gabby's chuffed he's on the side of a bus, I've even seen a full-size Barry Bannan on a traffic bollard

Â