Photography?

trimandson

Cat, I really wish you hadn't posted those shots.

I've spent half the evening researching macro lenses, and I feel a purchase coming on. I hold you responsible.

Bah don't blame me - my lens cost £15! :lol:

Another arghhhh day for me... found a couple of shield bugs mating but they were far too busy 'doin' their thang' to oblige me with a decent pose!!!

I really need to start carrying an emergency macro kit as well... gloves for when I find myself resting on stingers, something soft to kneel on and a pair of scissors for removing unattractive foliage from my background!!!!!

474803507_b2ce3d7aae.jpg

474803491_18b17a480c.jpg

474803501_f3bda97c6f.jpg

oh and b23avfc I think those are cracking - anybody can be technically perfect, having an 'eye' is a far greater thing :winkold:

They are stunning Cat, I've always been envy of my mates when they have SLRs (especially when I've been in South America/USA and they could get absolutely stunning pictures of just about the simplest of things!). I think I might be tempted to buy one on the old Barclaycard now after viewing this thread! In the words of Rowan Atkinson...THANK YOU BARCLAYCARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!! :D

Oh and Damian, your pics are some of the type of pics I enjoy the most...and the sort of pictures I like to buy to whack up on my walls! Great stuff!

Camera buffs, a bit of advice please

Seen This camera in Argos. Seems everything I need, bearing in mind I just want to be able to take a few nice wildlife shots and not do anything particulalrly flash. Is there anything obvious that should stop me getting it?

Camera buffs, a bit of advice please

Seen This camera in Argos. Seems everything I need, bearing in mind I just want to be able to take a few nice wildlife shots and not do anything particulalrly flash. Is there anything obvious that should stop me getting it?

Megapixels seems low to me, you may regret it in a couple of years and may be worth spending that bit extra now. I also suspect Bicks will advise Nikon/Canon but best to wait until someone better advised than me comes along. I just wanted to put enough doubt in your head to get you to hold off until they do! :D

Cheers Grant. I agree the MP is a bit low, but I don't think I'll ever be printing off more than your standard 6x4 prints. It seems quite a good entry point SLR. I'd love something flash like a Nikon, but I'll wait and see if I get the photography bug first!

It's not an SLR Risso....

It's not. Oh. :oops: Proves how much I know about cameras and photography in general!

It's a good entry point camera though, I have the previous model as my "everyday" camera...

I wouldn't buy an SLR until you know what you are doing, or do a lot of reading

It's a good entry point camera though, I have the previous model as my "everyday" camera...

I wouldn't buy an SLR until you know what you are doing, or do a lot of reading

Cheers Nick, that's what I was thinking. Just want something simple to use until I master the basics (composition etc) then move up to something decent when I know what I'm doing (and can afford it!).

Nice Nick, looks beautiful, is that near where you live?

Here's a photo of my daughter aged about 14 months. It's a bit blurry but I was still quite pleased with it.

izzi3qn8.th.jpg

Cheers Grant. I agree the MP is a bit low, but I don't think I'll ever be printing off more than your standard 6x4 prints. It seems quite a good entry point SLR. I'd love something flash like a Nikon, but I'll wait and see if I get the photography bug first!

I think 6MP is fine for a compact, you'll not need any more than that unless your printing above A4 size. Fuji make good compacts too, i use a Kodak which did me fine till i got my Canon DSLR, but the missus uses a fuji 5MP and the resolution is great... the colours are fantastic, but can occasionally be too saturated.

I don't know whether the Argos spec is right, but 200 pics from 4x4AA batteries sounds a big energy hungry to me, this is the only thing that'd concern me about the Fuji.

I also think you should do a quick online search to fing the best price, you may even get a price match of a local store to save the hassle of mail order.

Oh... you will get the bug, trust me ;)

Can't remember if I posted this, but this is raw, not photo shopped. taken in the Bay of Islands, Northland, New Zealand

Woah. I'd expect a lot of people would use that as their wallpaper given the chance.

(That's computer wallpaper, although I bet some weirdo would have it all over their lounge...)

Nice Nick, looks beautiful, is that near where you live?

It about hour and a half away, but we have a family bach up there.... great for weekends...

Here's a photo of my daughter aged about 14 months. It's a bit blurry but I was still quite pleased with it.

izzi3qn8.th.jpg

Nice Marten, very cute, it's soft focus :wink:, not blurred!

Â