Gym Routine

olboydave

In other news, I picked some of this up at the weekend

image_28987_original_X_450_white.jpg

Giving it its first test run tonight. Working out later these days (about 8pm) so I need a bit of a boost. Been flagging after half an hour lately.

Let us know how it goes with this stuff mate.

Just back. First impressions are good.

The extra energy is noticeable. I wasn't bouncing off the walls or buzzing but I could definitely feel it during exercises. Those last couple of reps where you usually feel so fatigued I was just blasting through. Ended up pressing 38kg dumbells on flat bench as well which I haven't done for about 18 months.

It lasted as well. No mid session come down. An hour in and I was still going strong and smashed out 15 minutes of HIIT no problem. Bearing in mind it was 10pm by this stage.

Also felt like I had a much bigger pump. That may just be a result of working harder due to the extra energy but it was really noticeable.

Only potentially negative thing I noticed was sweat. I sweated buckets. Again this might just be a result of working harder, but again it was noticeable to me. It's also probably a positive when you're cutting as I am, but some people may feel differently.

Of course, it's too early to conclude anything as it could all be a placebo effect right now, but there you go.

Oh, and it tastes amazing. I got the Green Apple flavour. I was practically licking the inside of the shaker.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

You know that sweat is just fluid right? You don't sweat fat.

(Along comes JB to inform me otherwise!)

I feel good this morning. A bit tight, but I might go for lower body tonight after all, skipping the Romanian dead lifts until I'm a bit more sturdy.

Losing water weight though is good for dropping numbers on the scale and sweating will help do that. I'd imagine more for the mental aspect of cutting but i'm not sure how long term it is.

I'd imagine it probably helps with removing toxins from the body as well?

Edited by sexbelowsound

Just back. First impressions are good.

The extra energy is noticeable. I wasn't bouncing off the walls or buzzing but I could definitely feel it during exercises. Those last couple of reps where you usually feel so fatigued I was just blasting through. Ended up pressing 38kg dumbells on flat bench as well which I haven't done for about 18 months.

It lasted as well. No mid session come down. An hour in and I was still going strong and smashed out 15 minutes of HIIT no problem. Bearing in mind it was 10pm by this stage.

Also felt like I had a much bigger pump. That may just be a result of working harder due to the extra energy but it was really noticeable.

Only potentially negative thing I noticed was sweat. I sweated buckets. Again this might just be a result of working harder, but again it was noticeable to me. It's also probably a positive when you're cutting as I am, but some people may feel differently.

Of course, it's too early to conclude anything as it could all be a placebo effect right now, but there you go.

Oh, and it tastes amazing. I got the Green Apple flavour. I was practically licking the inside of the shaker.

Have you been working out without using a pre-workout for awhile before this or was it just a change of brand?

You know that sweat is just fluid right? You don't sweat fat.

REALLY?

;)

What I meant was it was an indicator that I was working harder and, as SBS says, it'll be losing some water weight, although that doesn't really matter long term but short term it would help a cut.

Edited by Stevo985

Have you been working out without using a pre-workout for awhile before this or was it just a change of brand?

Not recently but I've used them before. I've always just gone for a generic one from Myprotein though

Not recently but I've used them before. I've always just gone for a generic one from Myprotein though

That stuff does look good, I might give it a go but i've just ordered a new batch of C4 so it'll probably be after that. I find that pre-workouts with a good amount of beta alanine work better for me and I know that Androrush also has it in.

So yesterday I did, 45 mins weight session, 16 mins HIT, approx two hours of digging in the garden in the evening.

Had a small bowl of cereal, bowl of soup for lunch and an apple, chicken stir fry (pretty low cal) and a banana. (I'm also on a pre holiday cut).

Didnt lose a bean of weight when I weighed myself this morning!

Never mind sure it will show up in the coming days.

Don't expect immediate results like that.

Weigh yourself once a week, at the same time every time.

For me it's first thing on a Saturday morning, post shit but pre breakfast. That way there's no variables like a belly full of food to weigh you down.

If you weigh yourself every day then you'll find it fluctuates.

I have weighed myself every morning post shit but pre breakfast! for the past 12 months so I have a very good idea of how my weight changes to what I eat/burn. I actually think if I did it weekly I would get more misleading results but thats probably preference.

Which is why usually after a day like that I would have expected a drop but no matter.

edit. yep do weight myself at the same time, straight out of bed, just step on the scales before getting in the shower.

Edited by villaglint

I actually dont find it fluctuates that much. Generally if I have a gluttonous day or go out on the piss it will show up on the scales the next day. If I eat right and go to the gym it will nudge down.

When I'm not cutting and eating the right calories it stays pretty much rock solid.

Edited by villaglint

In my opinion you should be looking to lose about a pound a week. So if you're breaking that down over 7 days it's little more than 0.1 pound a day.

I wouldn't expect to see that on the scales after one workout.

Yeah I think your right and I do generally cut too fast. For instance this time round I'll be looking to lose around 4kg which I'll probably do in a month.

I don't really do the whole bulk/cut cycle so for me its more about getting to the right body fat% and then I'll go from there. Obviously there is some muscle penalty to losing weight a bit too quickly, but in the past  I havent noticed any drop in what I'm doing at the gym although clearly not going up in these periods.

I weigh myself once a month. To expect sustainable results any quicker than that is as mental as Stevo and his "losing water helps me look better until I drink water again" idea ;)

Love you bro.

Edit - though I do agree that mentally it can be of benefit. Half of the game is mental.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I've been steadily dropping a lb a week for 4 weeks now then out of the blue this morning I went from 13.9 stone to 14.1 stone. Im pretty sure its added water retention, i've just come off a two week Easter break (jammy teacher) where I drank 3-4 litres a day consistently throughout the day but at work thats not possible as I have a bladder the size of a peanut!

Incidentally Stevo did you get those 38kg db in position yourself or did you have someone with you?

Coming off a rack with a bar is different but I'd never be able to get the dumbells up there on my own if that makes sense.

That pretty much goes for all dumbell press exercises to be honest. I find it very difficult to do a 5 rep max because the highest weight I can get up on my own I can generally do 10 reps plus of.

Need a gym buddy but that is a draw back of going at lunch.

Edited by villaglint

I weigh myself once a month. To expect sustainable results any quicker than that is as mental as Stevo and his "losing water helps me look better until I drink water again" idea ;)

Love you bro.

It does. 

I didn't say it was for me, because I'm looking longer term. I said it was for somebody who might be on a cut (although looking back I have worded it poorly, apologies).

Dehydration is a very common way of finishing off a cut for guys that are competing.

(again, not me obvs)

Edited by Stevo985

Incidentally Stevo did you get those 38kg db in position yourself or did you have someone with you?

Coming off a rack with a bar is different but I'd never be able to get the dumbells up there on my own if that makes sense.

I got them up there myself. 

I just kick them off my knees to get them up to my shoulders and then you have one massive rep to get started.

Â