Gym Routine

olboydave

Speaking of deadlifts. Just heard a friend of a friend has had to have an operation on his back after failing at 200kg.

Did he hint what might have happened .....I was speaking to a guy in navan the other day who blew his back when he went in to a 160 deadlift after been away from the gym for a year

When I go back it'll be at 50. Granted I'll probably ramp it up from there much quicker than the 5x5 normally would. But I'll be damn sure I can do it first before hitting triple figures. It's been too long.

So i've done something fairly awful to my shoulder. It happened while doing vertical raises (of the shoulder ilk) last night. Basically I can't turn or move my head to the right at all. To top it all off, I also managed to pick up a healthy dead leg while playing football a couple of hours before hand.

As a result of this, i'm walking with a limp and a wonky head. Basically I look like an extra from MIchael Jackson's Thriller video.

Should make tonight's gym session interesting, if not completely irresponsible.

This is a perfectly safe exercise, right?

mpsxrut.gif

They do this in my gym.....I can't do this :( I get so happy with all I accomplish and then I see this crap and I'm just over here like oh, well I did 20 extra push ups.

So i've done something fairly awful to my shoulder. It happened while doing vertical raises (of the shoulder ilk) last night. Basically I can't turn or move my head to the right at all. To top it all off, I also managed to pick up a healthy dead leg while playing football a couple of hours before hand.

As a result of this, i'm walking with a limp and a wonky head. Basically I look like an extra from MIchael Jackson's Thriller video.

I would probably give the gym a miss and hit the sauna instead followed by a massage from a naked Chinese girl in high heels

austinpowers300.jpg

mpsxrut.gif

They do this in my gym.....I can't do this :( I get so happy with all I accomplish and then I see this crap and I'm just over here like oh, well I did 20 extra push ups.

looks crazy enough to be crossfit shite 

I laughed, but I blame your intentionally comedic writing style :lol: Sorry to hear it. You'll be right as rain in no time.

mpsxrut.gif

It's utterly pointless and is just playing chicken with injuries IMV.

mpsxrut.gif

It's utterly pointless and is just playing chicken with injuries IMV.

Edit: haha, nevermind. The gif didn't load and all I saw was a guy in the middle of a power jerk or a jerk and clean. What I'm seeing now when the gif is loaded is complete madness.

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 1

I would probably give the gym a miss and hit the sauna instead followed by a massage from a naked Chinese girl in high heels

This is what I should have done.

On reflection, 2 consecutive days of punishing 2 hour sessions was not the best way to remedy a bad shoulder. I even managed to get through a chest session at 90% of my normal ability last night. Sooner or later my shoulder's going to realise that i'm not listening to it's complaints. Back and Bis tonight, i've already lodged an appeal for exemption from the reverse flies.

Completed an hour workout in 41 minutes :) I am DEAD! Because it's been horrible weather almost no one has been showing up this week so my trainer said "good, that means I get to push you much harder" WTF!?! I assumed simply killing me was all that was left. I was wrong.

"And my buns, they don't feel nothin' like steel"

Â