Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

Green is your 'squad', blue is the rest of your team.

People who have been spotted have a red arrow above their heads, as wiggy says press the back button/select button to spot.

Regarding the sniping, headshots count for everything although at times I have died from 1 shot, or a succession of quick shots that makes it seem like 1 shot. I suppose as you rank up you unlock better sniper rifles and they just happen to have a good one that is more powerful. I dunno know, I never snipe really.

Hey Shillz :)

1. Different colours for your team are as follows: Green guys are in YOUR squad, blue guys are on YOUR team. You can spawn on guys in YOUR squad, but not the blue guys. Also, if you help your squad, you get more points than you would if you help the blue guys. it encourages you to help YOUR squad. Anything in orange is a target, be it an enemy or an objective which is under the enemies control.

You spot someone buy getting your cursor over an enemy and pressing Select on ps3 or back on 360. Not sure about PC. look at key bindings on the web.

3. Game balance over realism :) If you use a bolt action sniper such as the SV98, it will take 2 body shots or 1 head shot to kill someone. If you use a semi automatic sniper such as the MOD10, it will take 3-5 body or 2 head shots (i think, maybe 1) to kill someone. Its not realistic I agree. But most guns would kill in one body shot, so to stop EVERYONE using an assault rifle or carbine, they give different guns differing characteristics. It would be no fun for anyone if snipers kept 1 shotting people from 300-800 meters.. It might be fustrating at first but remember, its the same for everyone!

If you need anything else, let me know. :)

One (maybe 2) more things:

I play conquest quite a lot...

Is the flag captured simply by being in the vicitinity of the thing, whereby the title marker comes into the middle of the screen?

What is the best way to get points in such a game? Run around standing by flags?

Im also finding that when sneaking round rooms or containers, your pistol is just as effective. Im actually enjoying going for the objectives more instead of looking for kills.

Cant get the hang of flying, can you change the controls at all?

MY advice for flying choppers is practice in the co-op mission. its pretty easy and gives you lots of time to do some manuvers etc.

if you play CQ (conquest) then you will gain 150 points of neutralising a flag (if you are capping it from the enemy) and 200 for being there when it changes to your teams control. To get the points, you need to be close enough for the target to become enlarged in the centre of your screen.

I played operation Metro earlier, my team lost but I revived 30-odd people and healed them with my medic boxes and killed 10 people. I was the most valuble player in the round. This shows that you dont have to be the best/most skilled killer in the game to get points. Just use your head. If you are in a place where your team are in a choke point throw a medic pack down and they will use it.

Wiggy - I recall you asking about how to use medic packs/ammo. Basically, you throw it down where you think people will need it, or if you hear someone say 'gimme some ammo/medic pack'. If they are within about 10 yards of it, they will heal/gain ammo.

Hey Shillz :)

1. Different colours for your team are as follows: Green guys are in YOUR squad, blue guys are on YOUR team. You can spawn on guys in YOUR squad, but not the blue guys. Also, if you help your squad, you get more points than you would if you help the blue guys. it encourages you to help YOUR squad. Anything in orange is a target, be it an enemy or an objective which is under the enemies control.

You spot someone buy getting your cursor over an enemy and pressing Select on ps3 or back on 360. Not sure about PC. look at key bindings on the web.

3. Game balance over realism :) If you use a bolt action sniper such as the SV98, it will take 2 body shots or 1 head shot to kill someone. If you use a semi automatic sniper such as the MOD10, it will take 3-5 body or 2 head shots (i think, maybe 1) to kill someone. Its not realistic I agree. But most guns would kill in one body shot, so to stop EVERYONE using an assault rifle or carbine, they give different guns differing characteristics. It would be no fun for anyone if snipers kept 1 shotting people from 300-800 meters.. It might be fustrating at first but remember, its the same for everyone!

If you need anything else, let me know. :)

:hooray:

Thanks Buddy, much appreciated!

Yesterday i sat at the construction zone and just lay prone for the entire game it was incredibly boring but i was constantly getting 200 points for capping flags and defending it if you get a defence order as well you get more points

PSN user id is Ashvilla anyway if people fancy a game im incredibly shit though

defence order is when your squad leader (green guy with a star on his head) clicks select whilst looking at an objective. If you follow what he says, you'll get points and so will he.

You can also be squad leader - check in the squad list in the bottom left next to the map. If you are, look at objectives you think are the right ones and you'll get points if your squad do what you say.

yea you can :)

before the game starts you can select your class. Then if you want to change the gun/sight/optic of that gun you press Square on PS3 (dont know 360 controls, sorry)

you will then see your man on the right hand side and all the classes current set-ups.

If you press R1/L1 then you can set up your land/sea/air kits too.

Flying the choppers just takes time. Everyone remembers the first time they take off and then immediately nose dive to the ground.

Now, I can just weave in and out of buildings in first person the whole time.

Really excited for the map pack though.

I do enjoy the game wiggy yea! :lol:

I find that the more you play these games, the more there is to them. I bought BFBC2 last year and never mastered it even though I was playing it till launch of BF3. You can always learn from other players, see what they do, see how they move and its a good challenge.

This game is 3/4 times bigger, so theres much more to learn. I also like the 'battlefield moments' you happen to see at certain times.

Theres nothing more fun than being plumped into a squad that know what they're doing, moving together, working together, achieving goals.

You'll be unlocking kit for months and months, you'll get the new maps, DICE will change things around and you'll get MUCH more out of this game than many others (IMO). There's so much variation in it, its just good fun. How many other games could you get bored of infantry, hope into a Tank, Humvee, chopper, jet or ATRAC and just blast the environment to pieces? If you're bored of machine guns, sit back, spot and snipe away.

The environments are large and in some cases, just plain beautiful.

I like helping people out with it though because I didnt know anything about it when I first started playing, and because of that I ignored BC2 for a couple of months before sitting down and grinding my way through it, gaining knowledge of how it works.

Yeah, sometimes it's great fun running and gunning like Rambo on COD, but personally, this game series leaves me feeling much more satisfied.

Had a good blast at this for a couple of hours last night and i do love this game. Im still shit at it mind.

Got lumped into a team of mercenaries last night against a squad who played as a team, and its fair to say we got wripped a new asshole! When ever you saw one of their team...there was always 3 or 4 of the bastards stood right behind him! So i would take out 1 maybe 2 if i was lucky then get shot to shit by his buddies! I think we lost 4 out of 5 games playing conquest!

Used last night as a bit of an experiment night and tried a load of new guns and tried to get the hang of the vehicles so i wasnt too bothered about winning or loosing, but after the heavy defeats i needed to restore a little pride so plumped for some team deathmatch action and got a few more kills. I think my K/D ratio is down to about 0.5 but im too fussed about maintaining it, just enjoying the game.

For some reason i really struggle with Metro.

Â