dudevillaisnice

Surprised you don't think Rodwell is creative AG.. from what I've seen of him (admittedly only odd games and highlights) he seems to be a pretty good passer of the ball. I've been quite impressed with his vision and distribution. He's good in the air too so is useful from set plays. Him and Wilshere are the future of England's midfield. :)

Surprised you don't think Rodwell is creative AG.. from what I've seen of him (admittedly only odd games and highlights) he seems to be a pretty good passer of the ball. I've been quite impressed with his vision and distribution. He's good in the air too so is useful from set plays. Him and Wilshere are the future of England's midfield. :)

I'm not saying he isn't a quality player, because he is. I've never seen any other lad of his age dominate games, change games, from the centre of midfield as he does. He is great at passing, distribution, vision etc, and is composed well beyond his years BUT he's not someone who's gonna put sneaky through balls through or whatever.

I honestly believe he's the best prospect around in England at the minute, which is why I'm all for the hype around Wilshere and our Jack can go around quietly doing his stuff :D

Thoughts on Heitinga so far AG? He looks very good on the ball to me (not surprising for a Dutch lad) but I was less convinced by him defensively against Pompy.

Bit early to say, he's still getting up to speed with things. He's good on the ball, solid defensively, good in the air, got caught out a bit yesterday at times but so did most of our lads. He don't overlap much but he likes to go forward with the ball. To be honest, think he was better at CB in midweek, and in midfield when he's played there, rather than RB. Think he will be good when he gets up to speed with things

Bit of a madhead, which has won the fans over already :lol:

Everton's next two are home games against Wolves and Stoke.

Don't be surprised if they're above us going into the game at Goodison at the end of the month.

Yes but we also face a tricky trip to Belarus in midweek before we play Stoke.

Saha has 7 in 7 this season. Been in top form. Scoring all sorts of goals too, been looking really sharp and has missed only one training session since the start of pre season.

I'm not saying he isn't a quality player, because he is. I've never seen any other lad of his age dominate games, change games, from the centre of midfield as he does. He is great at passing, distribution, vision etc, and is composed well beyond his years BUT he's not someone who's gonna put sneaky through balls through or whatever.

I honestly believe he's the best prospect

around in England at the minute, which is why I'm all for the hype around Wilshere and our Jack can go around quietly doing his stuff :D

Sounds very much like a Barry description to me.

Saha scoring goals isn't a surprise he always was a very talented player the only surprise is his fitness, the question I guess is will it last. Although Everton are a rival I kind of hope it does because I've always very much liked him as a player.

I think the main problem was psychologically. He didn't want to play in fear of getting injured. He's had to be rehabilitated by physically and mentally here, we waited until he was over every injury before playing him, and he received a lot of psychological support. When he arrived, I think Moyes said he was basically a broken man when he signed but we've basically fixed him back up. As I say, he's hardly missed a training session since day 1 of pre season, so fingers crossed he is back. He seems so much happier as well, and the team call him "King Louis" - partly in terms of the Jungle Book, but mainly on the fact he commands so much respect from how good a player he actually is. He has everything in his locker, left foot, right foot, heading ability, strong, very quick, good movement, great touch and a great work ethic.

This season, his record:

League - 4 plus 1 as sub = 5 Games, Goals scored - 5

Europe - 1 plus 1 as sub = 2 Games, Goals scored - 2

He's gotta take a lot of the credit though for working so hard. Hopefully he can keep it going.

In other news, we have such a crazy amount of away games in a short period of time in October, which you lot will be loving!

Benfica (away) on the 22nd

Bolton (away) on the 25th

Spurs (away) on the 27th

Villa (home) on the 31st

Can see much squad rotation going on...

That's Everton's problem, they don't have a squad,

And with all the games in Europe they may suffer burn out come March time

Well we have a small squad, but it is a pretty strong squad I'd say...

1 - Carlo Nash

2 - Tony Hibbert

3 - Leighton Baines

4 - Joseph Yobo

5 - Johnny Heitinga

6 - Phil Jagielka

7 - Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

8 - Louis Saha

10 - Mikel Arteta

11 - Jo

12 - Iain Turner

14 - James Vaughan (on loan at Derby)

15 - Sylvain Distin

17 - Tim Cahill

18 - Phil Neville

19 - Dan Gosling

20 - Steven Pienaar

21 - Leon Osman

22 - Yakubu

23 - Lucas Neill

24 - Tim Howard

25 - Marouane Fellaini

26 - Jack Rodwell

27 - Lukas Jutkiewicz (on loan at Motherwell)

28 - Victor Anichebe

30 - John Ruddy (on loan at Motherwell)

31 - Seamus Coleman

34 - Shane Duffy

35 - Kieran Agard

37 - Jose Baxter

38 - Jay Wallace

Up until the last 4 of them, I'd say, are able to start games and perform at a good level. So although the squad is pretty small, it is strong in depth right through.

• 4 weeks later...
So, it seems like Everton are struggling with injuries again, i read a report that they had 11 players missing for the game against Benfica last night.

Yes, they've got their injury problems but still put out a decent team last night - only the youngster Coleman was without any real competitive experice. (Rodwell and Gosling have been involved for a while now)

Everton

* 24 Howard

* 02 Hibbert

* 15 Distin

* 31 Coleman

* 07 Bilyaletdinov (Saha 60 yellow card)

* 17 Cahill

* 19 Gosling

* 25 Fellaini

* 26 Rodwell

* 11 Jo

* 22 Yakubu (Baxter 71)

So, it seems like Everton are struggling with injuries again, i read a report that they had 11 players missing for the game against Benfica last night.

Yes, they've got their injury problems but still put out a decent team last night - only the youngster Coleman was without any real competitive experice. (Rodwell and Gosling have been involved for a while now)

Everton

* 24 Howard

* 02 Hibbert

* 15 Distin

* 31 Coleman

* 07 Bilyaletdinov (Saha 60 yellow card)

* 17 Cahill

* 19 Gosling

* 25 Fellaini

* 26 Rodwell

* 11 Jo

* 22 Yakubu (Baxter 71)

Yes, but you also fail to note how many were playing out of position, and how vulnerable it made our defence.

Â