dudevillaisnice

Jeeeezus, read my post above. I said your entitled to your opinion, but I just think it's unfair to write off his chances in this league before he's even had a chance to prove himself.

Why is it unfair to him? I don't know the guy my view on him doesn't affect him in anyway it is purely my opinion which in time will be proved right or wrong. Its certainly not unfair to him.

Please do not tell me you do not make judgements on players suitability to play in this division before they have actually do so.

I'm actually not bothered either way if he proves himself or not all I did was express an opinion which is what the game is all about.

I would say of some players that I don't believe they would be suited to such and such league, but I don't write them off before they had a chance to show it. They way you put it as "he would never get away with playing centre back" made it a lot stronger statement than "" I don't believe he is good enough to play CB in this league cos it doesn't suit him but we will see"

Anyway, let it rest, I'm not gonna argue with you, of all people, about something so trivial.

I would say of some players that I don't believe they would be suited to such and such league, but I don't write them off before they had a chance to show it. They way you put it as "he would never get away with playing centre back" made it a lot stronger statement than "" I don't believe he is good enough to play CB in this league cos it doesn't suit him but we will see"

Fair point my wording does read that way.

Anyway, let it rest, I'm not gonna argue with you, of all people, about something so trivial.

Agreed L hope your luck turns tomorrow I have a feeling it will.

Why do people want Everton to do well?

Their fans are proper rocket polishers. I remember them saying they wanted Ashley Young's legs broken last year. And they never stop whinging.

Sure Everton have a few idiotic fans but what club doesn't? I know we do and I've seen a few things on here by Villa fans that I'm sure other clubs fans would take exception too.

Everton though are a club I respect managed by a manager I respect even if he did have a bit of a moan after our games last season.

They are a good, decent, proper football club that like Villa and one of the few clubs out there I don't harbour a deep dislike for simply because they have always conducted themselves well.

They aren't a Spurs, Newcastle or a club of that ilk and even though they are a rival of ours I would be quite happy to see them do well so long as they finish below us. As for the fans despite what a few idiots write on a message board about Young when you meet them in person they are a fairly decent bunch, I spend enough time in Liverpool to know.

Everton as a club are very hard to dislike. Sure they have some players I can't stand and their fans really piss me off at times, but they're a very good club with tradition and history. They deserve alot of respect, unlike their more succesful rivals from accross the park who're a disgrace of a club and have been for some time.

Ok, so a guy from a well known Everton forum says that there will be an interesting "investigative report" in tomorrows NOTW, which isn't good but will cause debate on all the Everton forums.

We shall see...

Ok, so a guy from a well known Everton forum says that there will be an interesting "investigative report" in tomorrows NOTW, which isn't good but will cause debate on all the Everton forums.

We shall see...

Any clues on the Everton forums you visit AG?

Everton don't really seem to be the kind of club involved in scandal or anything like that.

We shall see...

Any clues on the Everton forums you visit AG?

Everton don't really seem to be the kind of club involved in scandal or anything like that.

:lol:

If it's what I think it is, it's a major letdown.

Built up to be a huge thing and all it seems to be is that Moyes refused to back Liverpool's bid as a World Cup 2018 host city because of the ongoing feud between Liverpool City council and Everton FC...ffs :lol:

I thought it was gonna be some huge scandal or something too :lol:

:lol:

If it's what I think it is, it's a major letdown.

Built up to be a huge thing and all it seems to be is that Moyes refused to back Liverpool's bid as a World Cup 2018 host city because of the ongoing feud between Liverpool City council and Everton FC...ffs :lol:

I thought it was gonna be some huge scandal or something too :lol:

Haha oh dear. I'm sure Everton fans everywhere will be crying :lol:

I'd be surprised if Liverpool wasn't used if England got the World Cup bid. Unfortunately I think Anfield would get used and Goodison might not.

I'd be surprised if Liverpool wasn't used if England got the World Cup bid. Unfortunately I think Anfield would get used and Goodison might not.

Isn't Goodison's pitch not dimensionally-compliant for a FIFA-sanctioned international?

Isn't Goodison's pitch not dimensionally-compliant for a FIFA-sanctioned international?

I'm sure it is, it's one of the biggest pitches in the Premier League!

Anyway, I already guessed we wouldn't be used but it is based on the new stadiums rather than Anfield and Goodison I think... We have offered the use of our training facilities too, which are top class and have been taken to be copied by various international teams for their training bases.

OK, I thought FIFA had maximum dimensions.

Actually, Goodison's pitch is too short to stage A internationals: 105m is now required by IFAB.

Biggest? I've always thought Goodison was one of the smallest, if not the smallest in the league. :?

Nope, just looks small.

1. Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 Yards, 8932

2. Manchester United, Old Trafford, 116 x 76 yards, 8816

3. Blackburn Rovers, Ewood Park, 115 x 76 yards, 8740

4. Everton, Goodison Park, 112 x 78 yards, 8736

5. Wolves, Molineux, 115 x 75 yards, 8625

6. Aston Villa, Villa Park, 114 x 75 yards, 8550

7. Hull City, K C Stadium, 115 x 74 yards, 8510

8. Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436

9. Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 114 x 74 yards, 8436

10. Wigan Athletic, JJB Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436

11. Portsmouth, Fratton Park, 115 x 73 yards, 8395

12. Chelsea, Stamford Bridge, 110 x 75 yards, 8250

13. Fulham, Craven Cottage, 110 x 75 yards, 8250

14. Liverpool, Anfield, 110 x 75 yards, 8250

15. Birmingham City, St. Andrews, 110 x 74 yards, 8140

16. Tottenham Hotspur, White Hart Lane, 110 x 73 yards, 8030

17. Bolton Wanderers, Reebok Stadium, 110 x 72 yards, 7920

18. Burnley, Turf Moor, 112 x 70 yards, 7840

19. West Ham United, Boleyn Ground, 110 x 70 yards, 7700

20. Stoke, Britannia Stadium, 110×70 yards, 7700

OK, I thought FIFA had maximum dimensions.

Actually, Goodison's pitch is too short to stage A internationals: 105m is now required by IFAB.

Well, as I say, the bid is based on the new grounds anyway...

Got a soft spot for Everton having been in the city as a student for the past 4 years. I can't stand the red side though. I've always found Evertonians to be decent, bar a couple of morons, but you get them at every club.

It's good to see them kicking on again now, and we will no doubt be competing for the same place come the end of the season. Similar club to Villa with a good history and good fan base. Shame they haven't got the investment as we seem to as I reckon Moyes would do an even better job than he is doing now.

Won't hear me say a bad word, nothing but good experience from the blue half of Merseyside. Glad they sold Lescott though - he loved playing against us! At least now he plays for City who always beat us anyway :lol:

Â