Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Whatever you think of him (or us), Hughes is the best "fit" by far. Assuming he wants to come to us (I think he would).

I think we would be attractive to him, i also agree that he is exactly what we need at the moment.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MON - Houllier - Hughes. We're really pushing forward guys. Let's see what Hughes has on his C.V. Oh yeah, **** all. He didn't even win the League Cup with Blackburn. Souness did. It appears some of your expectations have dropped and don't care this club is moving backwards, but funny enough I do.

You make it seem like we have some divine right to have a Manager with a horde of trophies and medals in his cabinet? We're a mid-table club. To expect us to bring in a 'winner' when we are in the state we are currently in is laughable in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to get Ancelotti and Wilkins in for example, but if we got Hughes who is still a young manager I wouldn't grumble. I think he's ideal for us at the moment.

What has Moyes won?

Re: Fulham - 8th is pretty good but certainly not an overacheivement.

Re: Relationships - yes, I suppose it does but nothing that tells much of a story either way.

As I said, I think Hughes would be a boring, safe option that would offer stability but not much in the way of development. I wouldn't be terribly upset if we got him but I'd rather we went for other targets.

MON - Houllier - Hughes. We're really pushing forward guys. Let's see what Hughes has on his C.V. Oh yeah, **** all. He didn't even win the League Cup with Blackburn. Souness did. It appears some of your expectations have dropped and don't care this club is moving backwards, but funny enough I do.

You make it seem like we have some divine right to have a Manager with a horde of trophies and medals in his cabinet? We're a mid-table club. To expect us to bring in a 'winner' when we are in the state we are currently in is laughable in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to get Ancelotti and Wilkins in for example, but if we got Hughes who is still a young manager I wouldn't grumble. I think he's ideal for us at the moment.

What has Moyes won?

Who mentioned Moyes?

What's with this boring lark? Is it because he's Welsh? Go to the Fulham site and see what their thinking about Hughes going, always a good indication of what kind of manager they have.
This. They seem gutted.

Roy has done a fantastic job at the Albion, and I think he'll be there next year as well; he needs to regain the respect after what happened at Liverpool.

Anyone know who Hughes has bought for Fulham?

I can only think of Sidwell, and no matter what we think of him, he has scored a couple I think.

(Apologies if this has already been stated, but there are 386 pages that I'm not really that willing to read)

when fulham lost their last manager who went to liverpool, on paper it seemed good in theory.

manager doing well at a small club. who did he attract for liverpool player wise?

and hodgeson had a decent if not spectacular agin reputation in some parts of eutope as a manager.

signing a top manager gives far more options on and off the pitch than an average joe, or average 'mark'

this season has been poor results wise, i much prefer the brand of football we are playing and i also like the chopping crap players quickly which has been adopted.

we need to keep that going, not go back to 1 dimensional football

I know it's really ambitious but do you think Andre Villa-Boas may be on the list.

If Randy really wants a top class manager, he should go all out to convince Villa-Boas to join and pay the £13 million compensation.

There's no way we would get another Marquee signing, not even a quality signing. I'm sure Hughes would only attract players like Sidwell where he could turn them into a better player. Hell, he may play Ireland and Warnock again. Who the hell wants to see them in our squad? His scouting level sucks.

I don't recall him playing much of kids either. How are we suppose to blood our youngsters then?

Would that be the same scouting system that identified Christopher Samba (£400,000 from Hertha), Roque Santa Cruz (£3.5m from Bayern Munich), David Bentley (£500,000 from Arsenal's reserves), and Ryan Nelson (for free, a Kiwi plying his trade at DC United!) - for Blackburn, all of whom have been outstanding for the club?

Or perhaps Vincent Kompany (£6m from Hamburg), Pablo Zabaleta (£6.5m from Espanyol), Nigel De Jong (£18m from Hamburg) for Man City, all of whom were integral to the success Mancini has had since taking over? (Obviously City have massive resources to throw at transfers - and have done so in spades - but these more 'modest' investments would point to a certain amount of acumen on the part of the recruiting manager?)

Or what about Moussa Dembele (£5m from Alkmaar Zanstreek) or Carlos Salcido (£1.6m from PSV) since joining Fulham?

It may also be worth remembering that at a time when City had Robinho and Adebeyor to choose from as partners for Tevez in a three-man attack, he often selected Craig Bellamy and Stephen Ireland ahead of them, both of whom played the best football of their careers during his time in charge and one of which was the kind of young player you feel won't be getting a chance here (and whatever you may think of that particular individual, if anyone - Mark Hughes or otherwise - can get Ireland back to that level of form at Villa, it would be very good news for the club).

In three wildly different Premier League jobs with massively different expectations and resources, Mark Hughes has proved highly effective at getting the most from what was at his disposal, young players and new signings alike. I know I wouldn't have minded having any of the above players at Villa and if he can bring both that eye for spotting talent and the ability to get the same outstanding value for money from any potential new signings, we will be in very good shape.

Well Fulham fans want him to stay but are increasingly in numbers accepting that he might be off

Nobody is denying the fact he is good for Fulham.. Without being disrespectful to them but I consider Villa to be a very big club and a very big catch for a top manager.

Our facilities and backing are top notch.. Villa Park is a great stadium and we amongst the top clubs in England when it comes to the managerial package we can offer..

We really should be aiming alot higher than Mark Hughes or David Moyes.

Instead of looking at us in Premiership terms...Look at us in European terms instead.

Then ask the ask the question...If we want to rule Europe once again what must we do? I dont think appointing Mark Hughes is getting us on the ladder of such goal..We need to broaden our search and options...Its vital we get the right man that can transform us into a modern day "European" team...Not just a team to get by in the Premiership.

I know it's really ambitious but do you think Andre Villa-Boas may be on the list.

If Randy really wants a top class manager, he should go all out to convince Villa-Boas to join and pay the £13 million compensation.

Nah that's definitely too far I think.