Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mourinho is outside of the realms of possibility. His ego will dictate that he'll only consider a top European side. I agree with people saying it's worth at least asking him if he'd consider the challenge of restoring a big, historic club to its former glory. I'd say his pride has been hurt a big at Real and showing everyone he is the special one by taking perennial underachievers Aston Villa into the Champions League would appeal.

But I don't see why Ancellotti wouldn't consider us. Yes it's a step down from Chelsea, but he is (likely to be) stepping down from Chelsea.

I don't rate Hughes as a manager, Moyes is much better, most others are a bit of a risk.

I still think the best bet is doing a deal with the FA to get Capello though.

Don't discount curbishley - If Houllier got through the selection process so can curbishley. - However as Luke Young hinted - it doesn't seem like the board are close to a decision. The prospect of Gmac remaining with GH in the background has to be a distinct possibility - given the lack of leadership from the board since it became obvious GH wasn't working.

Don't discount curbishley - If Houllier got through the selection process so can curbishley. - However as Luke Young hinted - it doesn't seem like the board are close to a decision. The prospect of Gmac remaining with GH in the background has to be a distinct possibility - given the lack of leadership from the board since it became obvious GH wasn't working.

If Gmac is the manager next season we will go down... with possibly the lowest points total in prem history.

As long as he can learn the language quick enough so that it does not restrict him in pre-season, I say yes.

He can speak English already he's very fluent from what I have seen in interviews.

As long as he can learn the language quick enough so that it does not restrict him in pre-season, I say yes.

Yeah he can he's very fluent from what I have seen in interviews.

Never seen him being interviewed, that is good then. I'd be happy to have him here.

He can speak English already he's very fluent from what I have seen in interviews.

This

He can speak english.

He has done a fantastic job at Atletico Madrid.

If Gmac is the manager next season we will go down... with possibly the lowest points total in prem history.

Agree. He lost to Histon at Leeds and you can see why. No man management, no idea, no tactical idea, no plan a, no plan b and no plan c. **** useless.

I don't hope for much better if GH stays TBH

We need Premier League experience; and I'm talking in the last couple of years.

I think we need to stop thinking about players that can be brought in, and contacts possible managers have.

A good manager can work the majority of players (barring Balotelli etc).

Big Sam would be a worry, didn't he have heart surgery recently(?!) too?

We need a telented manager in my opinion if we don't we need an enfourcer like moyes.

Big sam is going backwards.

Rafa keep on waiting.

Current set up is shocking no offence to houllier but you have to be fit in football even if your a manager and no offence but he ent.

GMc is the worst manager if you can call him that ever, he just there to do jestures on the side of the pitch.

Would anyone look at managers outside the prem who has potential????

I think we need to stop thinking about players that can be brought in, and contacts possible managers have.

No we don't. What good does it do? Did Arsene Wenger need Premier League experience when he came into the league? Did Carlo Ancelotti?

A good manager would be able to handle any league.

No we don't. What good does it do? Did Arsene Wenger need Premier League experience when he came into the league? Did Carlo Ancelotti?

A good manager would be able to handle any league.

Less risk, more chance of success in a quicker time.

It's the same with players.

Just how you mention Wenger and Ancelotti, I can just as easily mention Scolari and Juande Ramos.

If a new manager comes in what's the likelihood of an "everyone starts with a clean slate" quote? In which case several of the players that maybe visitors to this forum suggest ought to be gone won't be. IMO many of the players we have are good players but this season I've seen them play well as individuals but poorly as a team. Given this we need a team builder. Coyle would be a good shout, Moyes wouldn't take us any further than MON but for now I'd settle for that! even Neil Warnock could do a better job with these players than GH and GMac but we wouldn't progress far enough with him. The only current Prem manager who would be able to take us anywhere near where we dreamed of a couple of years ago I reckon is (runs for cover) Harry Redknapp and he won't be coming. Benitez? Allardyce? Curbishley? NO THANKS.

ancelloti? mourinho?

what the f... are you lot smoking? ancelloti wants to win more champions leagues, as does mourinho, avfc may not be the ideal club to do that with right now...

I honestly don't think Mourinho is that far fetched. It's fact that he wants to return to England and the Man Utd job isn't free any time soon...neither is arsenal. Chelsea he won't go back to so the only really feasible clubs left are spurs and man city. If he was offered the Villa job with a sizeable wage (sticking issue) then I'm sure he'd consider it at least. Trouble is I cant see the board having the ambition to even think about approaching him let alone offering enough in terms of wages and transfer kitty.

i want some of what your on

Crack cocaine, I swear by it.

Seriously though is not worth an approach? How are we going to ever improve if we dont show some ambition. Think of the scenes at Villa Park the day O'Neill was appointed...now imagine for a second what it would be like if Jose was appointed!

Is it wrong to dream a dream? :D

Jose is the man. Go for it Randy.