Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you're over the moon under GH then guys?
He was not my first choice, but if he makes a return I will give him the summer to transform the club's fortune. I have a feeling this summer is going to be epic.

im not being funny but why would moyes leave everton for villa? i dont think for a second this will happen,i think the gh was huge mistake but randy has a great option due to gh health to remove gh.. lets not dick around here..this season we have been very poor,records have been smashed against us,been beat by rivals..the list goes on! we need to draw a line through the season,appoint a manager as soon as the season has drawn to a end & get the dead wood out & install a team with passion to match the passion of the faithfull

Why wouldn't he?

Villa and Everton are similar in size, but they're skint with old crumbling stadium with not even as much as a hint of any new investment. Perhaps after all these years he feels like a new challenge?

We're Aston Villa, not Crewe Alexandra you know. We need to be ambitious.

we are aston villa your right mate,we have a few quid & a great stadium,a few good players.. however..we struggle to sell out (fact),their alot more wrong that wright at villa at this present time,if i was moyes i would stick around at a skint club untill sir alex leaves

As I said earlier in this thread, I have it on good authority Moyes will not be leaving Everton for us this summer. I also explained my own personal views on why not as well.

And we're hardly a fountain of opportunity right now are we?

i agree..if i was moyes i would stay well away from villa..out side of the midlands i dont think aston villa are regarded as a big club.

David Moyes has worked miralces for years at Everton. Very little money, constantly selling the better players to others, having to buy players from the lower leagues or find cheap foreign talent and an unbelievable amount of injuries. Yet, he still manages to get that club to finish in the top 10 season after season, no matter what kind of start they have. He has managed to get them into Europe many times, as well as get them into a Cup final along the way, oh, and let's not forget the fact that he managed to break into the top four without spending the millions that the likes of Spurs and Man City have!

Put yourself in Moyes' place. He's been at Everton for ages and what has he won? What are his chances of winning something with that club in their current financial state? Players such as Cahill, Distin, Howard, Neville etc are all reaching the time when their standard of play won't be up to what it used to be. If you were in Moyes' shoes wouldn't you consider joining someone else and having a fresh challenge? The chance to join a club with a great tradition, stadium, ambition, a decent enough squad to start from, a very fair and understanding owner and money to spend. I am sure that David Moyes would find a Villa approach VERY difficult to turn down.

gaz90 wrote:

Yeah, what about them? My original point was it can be done. The facts and the figures prove that Arsenal are a top 4 club and haven't spent billions to get there. I said a good manager could potentially get us in the top four. A good scouting network, some good cheap signings and a manager that knows how to manage could well get us there, regardless of how much money we spend.

Money is a major, major factor in the Premier League atm, I'm not doubting that for one second. What I am saying is that a great manager, with Lerner's resources, could get us into the top 4. However near impossible it may seem.

I am not saying it cant be done - Where have I said that, if you can point that out to me I would be grateful.

Your forgetting that Arsenal are the one team out of the top 5 that make a profit mainly due to them selling there stadium rights and good transfer business.

What about Man united, city, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs can you tell me about there finances............?

Which is the main point - you can only really get in to the CL if you have that kind of money regardless of which manager you have in charge, which is a sad thing!

We were talking about how the only way to become really successful in the Premier League was to have loads of money. I said that Arsenal have done it without spending billions on players etc. Yes the other clubs have spent loads, but Villa have spent more than Arsenal since the start of the PL and we're not in the CL. Money alone cant buy you success, you need a good manager, but good manager can get you success, such as Arsene.

I really don't see how this discussion can go any further when you keep repeating yourself.

im not being funny but why would moyes leave everton for villa? i dont think for a second this will happen,i think the gh was huge mistake but randy has a great option due to gh health to remove gh.. lets not dick around here..this season we have been very poor,records have been smashed against us,been beat by rivals..the list goes on! we need to draw a line through the season,appoint a manager as soon as the season has drawn to a end & get the dead wood out & install a team with passion to match the passion of the faithfull

Why wouldn't he?

Villa and Everton are similar in size, but they're skint with old crumbling stadium with not even as much as a hint of any new investment. Perhaps after all these years he feels like a new challenge?

we are aston villa your right mate,we have a few quid & a great stadium,a few good players.. however..we struggle to sell out (fact),their alot more wrong that wright at villa at this present time,if i was moyes i would stick around at a skint club untill sir alex leaves

As I said earlier in this thread, I have it on good authority Moyes will not be leaving Everton for us this summer. I also explained my own personal views on why not as well.

i agree..if i was moyes i would stay well away from villa..out side of the midlands i dont think aston villa are regarded as a big club.

David Moyes has worked miralces for years at Everton. Very little money, constantly selling the better players to others, having to buy players from the lower leagues or find cheap foreign talent and an unbelievable amount of injuries. Yet, he still manages to get that club to finish in the top 10 season after season, no matter what kind of start they have. He has managed to get them into Europe many times, as well as get them into a Cup final along the way, oh, and let's not forget the fact that he managed to break into the top four without spending the millions that the likes of Spurs and Man City have!

Put yourself in Moyes' place. He's been at Everton for ages and what has he won? What are his chances of winning something with that club in their current financial state? Players such as Cahill, Distin, Howard, Neville etc are all reaching the time when their standard of play won't be up to what it used to be. If you were in Moyes' shoes wouldn't you consider joining someone else and having a fresh challenge? The chance to join a club with a great tradition, stadium, ambition, a decent enough squad to start from, a very fair and understanding owner and money to spend. I am sure that David Moyes would find a Villa approach VERY difficult to turn down.

correct but theirs no way moyes will leave,yes if moyes was appointed this would be a great coup for villa but i just dont see it.

Why wouldn't he?

correct but theirs no way moyes will leave,yes if moyes was appointed this would be a great coup for villa but i just dont see it.

Totally disgaree. I think he would love a fresh challenge but only if a big enough club came in for him. It's highly unlikrly that the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City would go in for him. Spurs curretnly have Redknapp who's doing well for them and Liverpool are currently seeing a resurgence under Dalglish. Who else has money to spend and a playing squad with the potential of ours in the league that could attract Moyes? We are the perfect club for him to come to and further his career.

This is all pointless talk anyway if randy and the board are giving houllier every chance to recover, surely that means they dont plan to replace him unless hes advised not too return too the dugout? Moyes would be a great appointment though i dont see many other proven premiership managers out there plus he would have atleast some money to spend here with an already half decent squad.

Wow, how is McClaren a crap manager? He's achieved a lot more then most managers have and the achievments at the clubs he was at weren't expected at the time.

Seems his England reputation will also linger around him, which isn't fair. I think he deserves a lot of credit, after England he could have sat around doing nothing managing a bottom end of the table side, but he's took the gamble going abroad and it's worked out for him. It'll also have improved him as a manager. Shame more English managers don't have the motivation to do so.

Wow, how is McClaren a crap manager? He's achieved a lot more then most managers have and the achievments at the clubs he was at weren't expected at the time.

Seems his England reputation will also linger around him, which isn't fair. I think he deserves a lot of credit, after England he could have sat around doing nothing managing a bottom end of the table side, but he's took the gamble going abroad and it's worked out for him. It'll also have improved him as a manager. Shame more English managers don't have the motivation to do so.

If we are looking for somebody who had the balls to go abroad, might as well go for Chris Coleman. I definitely do not want McLaren.

If we are looking for somebody who had the balls to go abroad, might as well go for Chris Coleman. I definitely do not want McLaren.

Yet Coleman was a complete flop.

McLaren won the Eredivise with Twente which was a great achievement. He then went to Wolfsburg and things didn't work out but the manager after had the same problems and now Magath has returned to them and he is too.

This is all pointless talk anyway if randy and the board are giving houllier every chance to recover, surely that means they dont plan to replace him unless hes advised not too return too the dugout? Moyes would be a great appointment though i dont see many other proven premiership managers out there plus he would have atleast some money to spend here with an already half decent squad.

But we can't afford to give him every chance to recover. That sounds harsh, but we can't let him recuperate at home and let Villa fall further backwards. We have to make an immediate decision when the season ends. he's either fit for work or he HAS TO LEAVE. There should be no sentiment in this decision else we face another nightmare next season.

We should break the bank for Moyes.

i think is best all round if gh & his staff were replaced,gh health is not good & to go into a fresh season when pressure is his so high to get off the mark fast is to much for him. maybe a job as a director of football of something might suit gh but thats the lot. we need to act fast & get the new staff in on & off the pitch ready for pre-season,ready for the 1st game

But we can't afford to give him every chance to recover. That sounds harsh, but we can't let him recuperate at home and let Villa fall further backwards. We have to make an immediate decision when the season ends. he's either fit for work or he HAS TO LEAVE. There should be no sentiment in this decision else we face another nightmare next season.

We should break the bank for Moyes.

I agree definitely but will randy be that ruthless? Time will tell i guess.