Ticket details

wedge

Tickets available to buy from the stadium for Villa end on Wednesday night.

Manchester City have confirmed that they will be selling tickets to Villa supporters on the night of the FA Cup fifth round clash at Eastlands.

Villa will make the trip north on Wednesday night where they will battle Roberto Mancini's men for a place in the quarter-finals of the prestigious competition.

Tickets will be made available to purchase from the City of Manchester Stadium box office, situated at the north end of the stadium.

Should the game end in a draw, tickets for the replay will go on sale to Villa supporters at 9am on Thursday morning.

Gerard Houllier's men are fresh off a terrific victory over Blackburn as they look to progress in the world's most exciting domestic knockout tournament.

Ashley Young was in mesmerising form in the hole behind the striker - bagging two goals - while Stewart Downing also shone brightly with an immaculate display of wing work.

And Robert Pires - a surprise inclusion in the middle - demonstrated class and composure on the ball despite his years.

The beauty of manager Houllier's approach to football is his rotational policy, meaning not one fan will be able to guess the team as Villa head to Eastlands.

Will Stiliyan Petrov return to the centre or will Fabian Delph be preferred? Will James Collins slot back into the back four or will Ciaran Clark continue to show his pedigree?

All will be revealed on Wednesday as the fifth round clash gets underway.

Link

Go to the game and support the lads!

Oh dear. Thought we would have took the 4000, damn TV.

They are also available on the door now according to the official AVFC twitter.

To be quite honest over 2,000 in the cup away in Manchester on a Wednesday night when its on terrestrial TV is not bad, will be more than that by the time the game rolls around as well still got tomorrow then the people that just drive up on Wednesday and buy tickets at the ground we should get around the 2,500 mark I would of thought, people saving their cash for Bolton on Saturday don't forget as well.

C'mon - where are all our fans?? Get to Manchester on Wednesday night and cheer us on!

2,100 a couple of days before a big FA Cup match, for a club of our supposed size, and for a club who looks down on our city neighbours with such distain, is absolutely pathetic.

4,000 is only our initial allocation. We should be able to sell it, simple. If Man City were at our place that initial allocation would be gone by now.

C'mon - where are all our fans?? Get to Manchester on Wednesday night and cheer us on!

2,100 a couple of days before a big FA Cup match, for a club of our supposed size, and for a club who looks down on our city neighbours with such distain, is absolutely pathetic.

4,000 is only our initial allocation. We should be able to sell it, simple. If Man City were at our place that initial allocation would be gone by now.

Well said!

I managed to get 2 yesterday as well! Bought them in the city centre at 10 and then picked up from Villa park at 11! I thought we could just collect them from there but apparently not

Mat Kendrick (from the Mail) said on Twitter half an hour ago that 1,781 out of over 5,000 allocation sold so far.

This obviously differs from what others have said. 1,781 is rather specific so suggests he's spoken to someone at the club. Although as far as I know the allocation is only 4,000 at the moment.

I'm never sure about our away support. For this game I'm not surprised with it being midweek and on terrestrial TV but then I wasn't expecting us to take nearly 5k to Sheff United in the 3rd round!

One thing you can be sure of is however many are there, there will be a good atmosphere.

If I buy from Eastlands, will I be able to have it logged on my booking history at a later date?

Yes, just keep your ticket then take it to the ticket office they will put it on your booking history.

If I buy from Eastlands, will I be able to have it logged on my booking history at a later date?

Yes, just keep your ticket then take it to the ticket office they will put it on your booking history.

Thanks.

Just spoke to the ticket office and they've only got singles left now, I wanted 3 together, she said theyve sold over half the allocation. So we're going up tomorrow and buying them there.

I bought two yesterday at 4pm, rang up to see if they could still be posted out and he said he'd post them especially even though the deadline had passed, they came in the post this morning at 9am. Quality.

Reckon we'll have about 2400 there which isn't bad considering it's on ITV1 and on a Wednesday night (I had to book time off work to go)

Taking just over half the minimum number of tickets we could have had off City will be pathetic, imo. It now looks even worse due to Reading holding on to beat Everton, giving us an even better chance of making it to Wembley again.

If we had taken 4-6,000 up there, with the fact all Man City's singers have had to move to accommodate us, then I really think it would have given our players a big lift, and upped our chances greatly.

Our latest financial figures - and the fact we made £12 million less than Spurs despite having a much bigger ground - tell a similar story too. That is largely because we have to sell so many tickets at ridiculously cheap prices just to get bums on seats. We are just not a big club anymore, as much as I hate to admit it. Both the fans and the club in general have lost any winning mentality we used to have and our fan base is worryingly thin on the ground. It's thoroughly depressing.

We are, however, still top of the charts when it comes to "away day banter".

Our latest financial figures - and the fact we made £12 million less than Spurs despite having a much bigger ground - tell a similar story too. That is largely because we have to sell so many tickets at ridiculously cheap prices just to get bums on seats....
What a bizarre thing to say!

Aside froma complete lack of recognition of the regional situation - Spurs in a City of 8 million people in an area with 25 million, containing the financial centre of the country - you know, Bankers and the like - the number of wealthy individuals and businesses local to Spurs is absolutely huge. With a relatively small ground they have the situation where supply is much lower than demand, both for seats and for executive packages. Thus the prices rise, and they have the demographic to be able to support those high prices, as well as the kowledge that if someone drops out, there are people waiting to jump in.

That situation isn't the case for Villa. In an area of the country where manufacturing is the main economic driver, and an area that has been hard by the recession caused by the flipping financiers in London, there's far less ability to pay high prices, as well as a significantly smaller population.

But most bizarre is the notion that prices at Villa are "ridiculously cheap". They simply aren't. Spurs are ridiculously expensive. It's all relative I gues, but I just don't associate the word cheap with football prices anywhere, other than when they do the 10 quid tickets for cup games, which is maybe once or twice a season, and very welcome indeed.

Our latest financial figures - and the fact we made £12 million less than Spurs despite having a much bigger ground - tell a similar story too. That is largely because we have to sell so many tickets at ridiculously cheap prices just to get bums on seats....
What a bizarre thing to say!

Aside froma complete lack of recognition of the regional situation - Spurs in a City of 8 million people in an area with 25 million, containing the financial centre of the country - you know, Bankers and the like - the number of wealthy individuals and businesses local to Spurs is absolutely huge. With a relatively small ground they have the situation where supply is much lower than demand, both for seats and for executive packages. Thus the prices rise, and they have the demographic to be able to support those high prices, as well as the kowledge that if someone drops out, there are people waiting to jump in.

That situation isn't the case for Villa. In an area of the country where manufacturing is the main economic driver, and an area that has been hard by the recession caused by the flipping financiers in London, there's far less ability to pay high prices, as well as a significantly smaller population.

But most bizarre is the notion that prices at Villa are "ridiculously cheap". They simply aren't. Spurs are ridiculously expensive. It's all relative I gues, but I just don't associate the word cheap with football prices anywhere, other than when they do the 10 quid tickets for cup games, which is maybe once or twice a season, and very welcome indeed.

:clap:

disappointed with the amount of tickets sold, they would of sold that out no problem at villa park!

Would they? You cannot say that as fact.

Personally I think the number we are taking is a good number for a Weds night when the game is on ITV and there is poor public transport access. The sheer cost of football is out of hand and yet some think we should sell out everywhere because others do.... bizarre.

I hope everyone who is going will have a great time, I can't be there but would love to be. I'll have to make do with the T.V. Some games just seem to get me really excited more than others and this is one of them. Hope everyone enjoys it whatever the outcome !

Â