Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Yet to see anything to get excited about.

However, a good friend (villa fan) has said good things (and seen more) so I will be patient

i assume you didnt see the game at Old Trafford.

He is not an exciting player but he is very good

I didnt no, and he said he was exceptional in that. However (and I take this with a a pinch of salt) - every paper I read gave him around a 6 out of 10. I admit the papers arent a totally reliable source especially regarding ratings, but I dont believe that all of them are that far off the mark.

Only seen Wigan and Blackpool game and didnt think he was that good in either.

People aren't excited because they had never seen the guy play before he joined us. They had heard he was a defensive midfielder by somebody on here, Or they looked at him on Football Manager (which says he is very adept at playing DM) and presumed we were getting NRC's replacement as a brute enforcer.

People aren't excited because somebody sent them a link to his goal against Real Madrid and now think that he's going to pull that out of the bag every few games and show glimpses of it in every game.

People aren't excited because they are yet to watch him play for Villa. Just going off people on here basically saying 'Well I watched the MOTD highlights of him getting sent off and although I missed Wigan, parts of the Fulham game and the entire Man Utd game I can deduce that he is infact shit'

So what if he isn't as good in the tackle as NRC, he's a better passer than Petrov, moves the ball forwards more than Petrov. His passing is faster, shorter and better thought out than Petrovs and he doesn't try and slow down the game and always try and draw fouls from the opposition like Petrov. Yes he's Black. Doesn't mean he has to be a replacement for NRC.

He's a great passer of the ball in a team where we are notoriously rubbish passers of the ball. We can cross but our passing hasn't always been great (its nice to see it getting there though with some of the attractive football we've been playing) and Makoun will be a part of that. He sits in the middle, moves the ball forwards and once he adapts will be able to put in the odd defensive tackle no doubt. Anybody saying that can't see why hes such a good player - It's his passing, his thought process, his speed of his passing and thought process, the fact he moves the ball forwards and the fact his passing is accurate (On the whole). Just because he isnt playing the Hollywood ball, taking shots like he did vs Real every game and not putting in game-changing tackles does not mean isn't worth it.

/rant

People aren't excited because they had never seen the guy play before he joined us. They had heard he was a defensive midfielder by somebody on here, Or they looked at him on Football Manager (which says he is very adept at playing DM) and presumed we were getting NRC's replacement as a brute enforcer.

People aren't excited because somebody sent them a link to his goal against Real Madrid and now think that he's going to pull that out of the bag every few games and show glimpses of it in every game.

People aren't excited because they are yet to watch him play for Villa. Just going off people on here basically saying 'Well I watched the MOTD highlights of him getting sent off and although I missed Wigan, parts of the Fulham game and the entire Man Utd game I can deduce that he is infact shit'

So what if he isn't as good in the tackle as NRC, he's a better passer than Petrov, moves the ball forwards more than Petrov. His passing is faster, shorter and better thought out than Petrovs and he doesn't try and slow down the game and always try and draw fouls from the opposition like Petrov. Yes he's Black. Doesn't mean he has to be a replacement for NRC.

He's a great passer of the ball in a team where we are notoriously rubbish passers of the ball. We can cross but our passing hasn't always been great (its nice to see it getting there though with some of the attractive football we've been playing) and Makoun will be a part of that. He sits in the middle, moves the ball forwards and once he adapts will be able to put in the odd defensive tackle no doubt. Anybody saying that can't see why hes such a good player - It's his passing, his thought process, his speed of his passing and thought process, the fact he moves the ball forwards and the fact his passing is accurate (On the whole). Just because he isnt playing the Hollywood ball, taking shots like he did vs Real every game and not putting in game-changing tackles does not mean isn't worth it.

/rant

Ive glad you have acknowledged that that was a rant, because I have no idea what ur talkin about.

I think he'll be our most important player next season. The man who'll make it all tick.

Very happy with his start. Silly red card but that was always going to happen as he adapted.

What a tackle he put in in our box a bit before it.

Very happy with his start. Silly red card but that was always going to happen as he adapted.

I dont care if hes adapting from the french league or the sunday boys league on Saturn, there is no excuse for sheer stupidity and if it had been Petrov, it would have cost us 3 points.

I dont care if hes adapting from the french league or the sunday boys league on Saturn, there is no excuse for sheer stupidity and if it had been Petrov, it would have cost us 3 points.

It's stupidity but he is learning, In france if you get a red card you get suspended for one game he now knows its 3 games.

I said it before I fully expected it to happen, this is how he learns. Its like Hogg getting sent off at portsmouth.. he will learn.

I don't understand any of that.

Do you mean if it was Petrov I would be saying he cost us three points? You're right, I would. I think Makoun getting sent off cost us the three points too. Confident we would have won that with 11 men.

I also think making a mistimed tackle in a game played at a much faster pace than you are used to is exactly what adapting is all about.

It's stupidity but he is learning, In france if you get a red card you get suspended for one game he now knows its 3 games.

I said it before I fully expected it to happen, this is how he learns. Its like Hogg getting sent off at portsmouth.. he will learn.

What so if it was a one game suspension itd be acceptable? What about the game itself where hes sent off? Did he not know that being down to ten men would effect the team? Hes a non-english footballer - not a monkey whos behaviour were slowly conditioning

What so if it was a one game suspension itd be acceptable? What about the game itself where hes sent off? Did he not know that being down to ten men would effect the team? Hes a non-english footballer - not a monkey whos behaviour were slowly conditioning

What are you going on about? Have you never seen a foreign player settle into the english league before? It happens alot when a player from another country tries to get to grips with the english game and pace.

It isn't acceptable no, infact it puts us in a bad position but by no means did he do it purposely - in my opinion anyway.

What so if it was a one game suspension itd be acceptable? What about the game itself where hes sent off? Did he not know that being down to ten men would effect the team?

Oh, I didn't realise it was a decision he took to get sent off.

I thought it was a mistimed tackle.

Apologies.

Not sure if it's been pointed out on here yet but he now potentially will have a 5 week break.

If we lose at Man City / Notts County in the cup, the next game he'll be eligible for is Wolves on 19th March.

What are you going on about? Have you never seen a foreign player settle into the english league before? It happens alot when a player from another country tries to get to grips with the english game and pace.

It isn't acceptable no, infact it puts us in a bad position but by no means did he do it purposely - in my opinion anyway.

Im not saying he did it purposefully, Im just saying that its not acceptable which is what uve agreed with. I also disagree that differences in suspensions can be used as an excuse.

I am aware he came from a different league and the pace is different, but a two footed lunge is a two footed lunge. Off the pace or not!!

Im not singling Makoun out, and have nothing against the lad (I hope hes going to be good), but I dont believe in making excuses for one player, where others would be severly slagged off on here

What so if it was a one game suspension itd be acceptable? What about the game itself where hes sent off? Did he not know that being down to ten men would effect the team?

Oh, I didn't realise it was a decision he took to get sent off.

I thought it was a mistimed tackle.

Apologies.

A mistimed tackle would have been a yellow and the change in pace might have been an excuse. A two footed lunge is a two footed lunge

Im not saying he did it purposefully, Im just saying that its not acceptable which is what uve agreed with. I also disagree that differences in suspensions can be used as an excuse.

I am aware he came from a different league and the pace is different, but a two footed lunge is a two footed lunge. Off the pace or not!!

Im not singling Makoun out, and have nothing against the lad (I hope hes going to be good), but I dont believe in making excuses for one player, where others would be severly slagged off on here

I never said it was an excuse.. Houllier said in france it is a one match ban and Makoun didn't know that here in England it is a 3 match ban.. "he'll find out soon enough" is what Houllier said, it isn't an excuse - its a fact; he didn't know about the consequences.

I agree about the 2nd paragraph infact I agree with everything else about your post but again I don't think it was intentionally done, a clumsy reckless challenge sums it up.

I never said it was an excuse.. Houllier said in france it is a one match ban and Makoun didn't know that here in England it is a 3 match ban.. "he'll find out soon enough" is what Houllier said, it isn't an excuse - its a fact; he didn't know about the consequences.

I agree about the 2nd paragraph infact I agree with everything else about your post but again I don't think it was intentionally done, a clumsy reckless challenge sums it up.

ok, i interpreted it (wrongly) as - there is a only a one match ban in France so being sent off isnt that bad there!!

Â