Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Bent asked for a transfer last season by all accounts so doesn't seem to have settled in the North East

Tis funny now seeing Sunderland fans saying good riddance etc clearings in the woods

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The arrival of a left-back would complete his January business but, contrary to reports Villa are not interested in Wigan full back Maynor Figueroa and maintain there has been no approach from Liverpool after a temporary move for Stephen Warnock.

Interesting, I rate him but at 28/29 maybe he's too 'short term'

Leighton Baines anyone ?

:D

Not likely I know

Lol, well Aly Cissokho is probrably the best LB in the world atm and is Makoun's best mate..If Lerner is in a spending mood..

I'd be cautiously optimistic, though. Remember what happened last time we bought a left back on a newly transferred midfielder's suggestion! :shock:

I just hope that VP is packed to the rafters on saturday and we make the players know were in it together, im chuffed with bent as he scores goal and thats what we need, if he comes and does as he has everywhere else this will help our defense go back to being solid, our lack of goals have not help them as if you dont score you are always likely to conceed, i just hope that ash now signs the contract and we get our ash back from 18 months ago, you don't win young player of the year for no reson, also that team posted earlier is frightening, lets hope SI wakes up in the morning and decides that he wants to be here and starts to show the talent we all know he has.

Also if we had bent on sunday there would be know way he'd have skied that gabby chance in the 1st minute, hopefully this signing gives gabby the kick up the ass he needs.

My team for saturday

Brad(Snr)

Walker Collins Dunne Clark

Reo-Coker

Albie Makoon Downing

A.young

D.Bent

It is unlikely Makoun will have clearance to play on Saturday.

Still buzzing about this deal. This feels like Dean Saunders / JPA coming in. Someone earlier posted about the Andy Cole to Man Utd story, and I can understand what they mean as it caught a lot of people off guard.

Congratulations to the club for getting this 'done'.

Some people on here have suggested this may be a Lerner / Faulkner deal rather than a GH deal.... who cares????

As much as I love MON, it was apparent that he couldn't be trusted with large sums of money. The money was there, and now its being spent.

This is already the most fun I've had during a transfer window since we got Ash and JC.

Its so refreshing to see players like Makoun / Walker / and now Bent rather than the names we couldn't sign two years previously.

Does beg the question why we gave Stephen Ireland number 9 though. Should've given him 8, then Bobby could've had some other bench warming number, and then Bent could be rocking the number 9.

Still can't understand some people on here whinging when we don't sign players, then when we sign the best striker we could get who could make a real difference to the club, they whinge again. Ultimately, I don't care how much its cost to get him in, if he scores enough goals to keep us in the division, then for me, he's paid back the whole transfer fee straight away. This sends out a major message of intent to the rest of the league (and to our own players like Ash) that we wont accept where we currently are in the league and know we should be higher up the table.

Now, lets get behind the club and watch us start to get back to where we belong. Welcome to Aston Villa Dazza. UTV

Still slightly suprised if this happens as Sunderland have less strikers than we do, if Bent leaves they will only have Gyan as their recognised forward with Welbeck on loan from Man.u.

I've seen it rumoured Brucey baby is going to spend his new found funds on Pavlyuchenko from Spurs. Also perhaps Keane will now be going to the Stadium of Light.

Their fans really are a bunch of idiots..... pitch invader was forced to apologise today, by his Dad to their GK for running on the pitch on Sunday & pushing him??!!!

If they were 4th from botttom one might understand this behaviour a bit more but SAFC are currently 6th in the Premier league.

Now there's a thought... If only we were allowed to run on & kick Villa players up the backside!

The rougher Smoggy fans are flipping animals as well.

Why did the Sunderland fans give him stick?

because he misses more than he scores and apparently he should be scoring 4 goals every game.

To be a great goalscorer, you don't have to be an unbelievable finisher. That's what people I don't think get. If you get in the right position regularly, you'll score goals, you'll also miss some. That's football.

because he misses more than he scores and apparently he should be scoring 4 goals every game.

To be a great goalscorer, you don't have to be an unbelievable finisher. That's what people I don't think get. If you get in the right position regularly, you'll score goals, you'll also miss some. That's football.

It's just shortsighted really. If he scored 1 goal every game and missed 5 sitters I wouldn't care as long as we got results.

And thats exactly what we've been lacking for the past 12 years or so!

Im a lot more confident of Bent putting chances away than Gabby or Heskey.

Hence why Gabby has done very little this season, he's not been getting into the right places which he has done in past seasons.

Nevermind, they won't have to put up with him scoring 25 league goals a season anymore.

Hope we get this all tied up soon, quality signing. Still can't get over how all this just exploded today. Never has a transfer window been so eventful!

Don't think I've given my personal opinion on this signing yet... in my opinion I think it's the signing of January. To be able to pull this one out of the bag so randomly (well, not so random, but kept away from the press for a few days after bidding) and to sign a player of his quality when we are in our position is a tribute to the board and manager. We'll get out of this mess and Bent will be the catalyst to help us. He'll get at least 10 goals in the rest of the season and help us stay up. Next season is the exciting part! Up the Villa

in terms of left backs i was surprised fulham got salcido, i thought he had a great world cup. how about the fat bloke at man city with the big arse and really slow???? he was quite a good left back in his day, perhaps he could come back.....

This is quite funny, watch the Sunderland fans call the OP all sorts of names and laugh at us..........Then the realisation dawns on them!!

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=558999&page=13

That's a funny read!

Bulshit...they have no money to spend.

Mmmm, right!

Hilarious thread from the start....all laughing... :lol:

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: Yep, it's definitely worth starting at page one!