Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

The thing is, as im sure you know, on a normal match day, people like you and I would be in the majority, with a few idiots booing. But last night there didnt seem to be many of us left. And even less so at the final whistle.

Were there even many fans at all left at the final whilstle, couldnt believe the droves of people out the door when they went 1 up. Its getting worse down there, I stay till the end of aroudn 90% of the games but you see a lot of people leaving at the first sign of trouble. usually the same people mind.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singong your getting sacked in the morning was a very stupid thing to do. I don't know what has got into our fans recently that was just mindless, how is it ever going to make things better.
By maybe forcing the silly fool out, i'm sure Randy was there and if it has to happen every game to get him out, so be it imo.

Do you really think fans can change a bloke's mind who has put millions into the club? Next question

The great support the team got at Liverpool, Newcastle, Man City really made a difference to the performances didn't it.

Don't show any dissatisfaction with whats going on - because its of no benefit. What crap most of the players will be joining in you can tell they can't stand the guy

Lets just let it happen and

ROAR OUR TEAM INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP :bang:

:lol:

Singong your getting sacked in the morning was a very stupid thing to do. I don't know what has got into our fans recently that was just mindless, how is it ever going to make things better.
By maybe forcing the silly fool out, i'm sure Randy was there and if it has to happen every game to get him out, so be it imo.

Do you really think fans can change a bloke's mind who has put millions into the club? Next question

Fans vote with their feet and lerner is a businessman so the loss in revenue from people not turning upto games because the current shitefest on the pitch may help change his mind dont you think?

Yes i do, that fans are what make the club and if Randy see fan unrest it will have to change.its only a matter of time before more fans vote by staying away.

Ultimately, and eventually, yes I do.

When is ultimately and eventually? Once we are already relegated?

I don't buy this fickle thing. I just think Villa fans are by and large correct in their inklings. Whether you like it or not, the days of being given years to build a team are over. I would prefer the term 'discerning' to 'fickle'. I think Villa fans can usually work out what they're being sold and whether the like it or not pretty quickly.

OK so singing "Houllier's claret and blue army" then 5 minutes later singing "sacked in the morning" and booing him is not fickle?

No, not in my opinion, or Houlliers either for that matter - he actually praised our support afterwards and realises how and why he is under pressure.

I just don't see why we have to be seen to support the manager at all costs when what he is doing seems to be unpalatable to most (including the players).

Ultimately, and eventually, yes I do.

When is ultimately and eventually? Once we are already relegated?

I'm not saying I know Randy's breaking point with regards fan demonstrations. But I'm sure he'll have one, yes.

Well it appears that what you accuse me of, you're also quilty!

If that's a comment about criticism then that's why I said 'few of us do'.

So it doesn't 'appear', it just is.

There's no "instruction" from me ... only "encouragement"

Absolute cobblers.

Your are telling people that nothing else (but encouragement) is needed and that the only constructive option is so and so.

It's not 'encouragement' that you are giving, it is a pronouncement about what people must do (as doing anything else is either not constructive or is not needed).

...nowhere have I given predictions except to infer that positive action will produce positive results. And that's wrong, is it?

You weren't inferring anything (see Sharpe's Wilt).

Implying that positive action will necessarily produce positive results is wrong. Yes. As that is you predicting what the future will be if the course of action you put forward is taken.

Hoping that it [positive action] will [produce positive results] is not a problem.

The thing is, as im sure you know, on a normal match day, people like you and I would be in the majority, with a few idiots booing. But last night there didnt seem to be many of us left. And even less so at the final whistle.

Were there even many fans at all left at the final whilstle, couldnt believe the droves of people out the door when they went 1 up. Its getting worse down there, I stay till the end of aroudn 90% of the games but you see a lot of people leaving at the first sign of trouble. usually the same people mind.

Dont notice that one so much in the lower Holte, but you certaintly notice it when you look across the the DE stand.

The funny thing is that they tend to disappear regardless of the scoreline, there was barely anyone left at the end of the Baggies game either.

Yes i do, that fans are what make the club and if Randy see fan unrest it will have to change.its only a matter of time before more fans vote by staying away.

At the end of the day we have a loyal fanbase underneath all the fairweather fans who have season tickets and will turn up. Then there are fans without season tickets who will always turn up when they can afford it, there are about 28-30k who will turn up every week and the rest turn up based on performances. Singing will not effect his decision, if home gates get under 25k, he'll realise something is not right and then may act, but for now while he's not been given a chance and it would be absolutely ridiculous sacking him at the start of January when we really need some players, he's not going anywhere

I don't buy this fickle thing. I just think Villa fans are by and large correct in their inklings. Whether you like it or not, the days of being given years to build a team are over. I would prefer the term 'discerning' to 'fickle'. I think Villa fans can usually work out what they're being sold and whether the like it or not pretty quickly.

OK so singing "Houllier's claret and blue army" then 5 minutes later singing "sacked in the morning" and booing him is not fickle?

No, not in my opinion, or Houlliers either for that matter - he actually praised our support afterwards and realises how and why he is under pressure.

I just don't see why we have to be seen to support the manager at all costs when what he is doing seems to be unpalatable to most (including the players).

I have never said we need to support the manager, I have said we need to support the team

If you don't like the manager, fine, but support the team at all costs or we could seriously get relegated. What is a team without support?

I don't know what has got into our fans recently that was just mindless, how is it ever going to make things better.

Frustration? Anger maybe? both mixed with a feeling of helplessness? :shock:

Is that going to help us score a goal with 10mins to go in a game? Just gives players like Gabby an excuse to give up as they want him gone anyway. We can keep losing games and moaning at the manager but its not going to help us. Randy won't sack him because we sang a song, no chance.

I'm not saying I know Randy's breaking point with regards fan demonstrations. But I'm sure he'll have one, yes.

And my point is you may find that breaking point once youve already done too much damage to the club.

For what its worth I think when our board say the manager has backing they mean it. There was plenty of unhappy people about hte appointment and I'm sure it was relayed, in the face of that they continued with the appointment as they believe he is the man for the job.

At best your going to be sending negative chants to the manager and the board will say "dont worry about the chants, you still have our backing" but that isnt going to sit easy with Houllier. Houllier will continue his job knowing the fans are on his back and itll become run of the mill.

The fans might get there own way but well already have imploded and been relegated. Who do you thikn will want to manage or come to a relegated club.

The best we can hope for is try to spur the team and manager on, try to take a positive outlook and the positivity may reflect from the players / manager and we might just get ourselves out of this mess.

For the now though continue all you like with the negative chants, I'm absolutely certain all you will be doing is making the situation worse and AVFC will suffer because of it.

P.S. For what its worth I dont want our board to back down to fan pressure, else we might end up with kevin kegan in charge.

I kind of think that at 32000, we're edging fairly close to the amount of supporters who are going to go regardless.

I dont think there were many fans there last night looking for some light entertainment, and when i looked around my seat, it was pretty much only the Season Ticket holder who had turned up.

I dont think it will drop massively from where it is now, though 32k should be a clear enough sign to Mr Lerner.

but for now while he's not been given a chance and it would be absolutely ridiculous sacking him at the start of January when we really need some players, he's not going anywhere
I hope Randy see's sense and give's him the chop before we get down around 25k, most fans think its absolutely ridiculous to keep him on,and that he doesnt deserve a January to sort things out.

Â