Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

Some on here were suggesting we should have KMacD (or A N Other) as caretaker manager for the entire season with a view to getting Jol or Moyes next summer.

How is this current situation any different with our caretaker manager overseeing things until our preferred choice of manager is available to work for us?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right Billy, that's exactly what I'm saying. This "honour" thing is just a load of old nonsense to try and disguise the board's inept handling of the whole manager issue.

Risso, you just can't handle the fact that they're letting him tie up his commitments with the FFF can you?

I don't agree that they should have no. If you want to call that "can't handle" then go ahead. MacDonald clearly isn't fit to manage the first team, as he's shown in the majority of his matches in charge this season. Yet we have him managing the team for an indeterminate amount of time because we're in the shambolic position of not actually knowing when Houllier is going to start.

There is the view that M.Houllier is a patriot and does see that working his notice is doing the right thing. French national football is going through a sticky patch and he possibly didnt want to leave them in the lurch.

All in all the word is Gerard will be in situ by the Blackburn game and it has been deemed a nominal length of time for both parties.

If it means the diplomacy will stand us in good stead with the FFF and we get first pick on the next Zidane, it will be seen as clever work.

You're right Billy, that's exactly what I'm saying. This "honour" thing is just a load of old nonsense to try and disguise the board's inept handling of the whole manager issue.

Risso, you just can't handle the fact that they're letting him tie up his commitments with the FFF can you?

I don't agree that they should have no. If you want to call that "can't handle" then go ahead. MacDonald clearly isn't fit to manage the first team, as he's shown in the majority of his matches in charge this season. Yet we have him managing the team for an indeterminate amount of time because we're in the shambolic position of not actually knowing when Houllier is going to start.

Didn't he say he will be in the stands for the Bolton game and should take over for the Blackburn game?

I've not seen anything printed anywhere that suggests that has changed.

Didn't he say he will be in the stands for the Bolton game and should take over for the Blackburn game?

I've not seen anything printed anywhere that suggests that has changed.

I think that is still the situation, although nothing is signed or written in stone to that effect.

It's all verbal agreement type of stuff, which can be a bit flaky at the best of times. He's certainly not unequivocally committed to that game yet.

I agree Risso - it is shambolic that we don't kno wwhen he'll start. But I've been thinking (and maybe this has already been said further back) but this is not a "standard" appointment. If Hoillier was coming from another club they'd want him out immediately so he has little time to tap up players and coaching staff, and so they can get the next guy in ASAP.

But in this case he's not coming from a club and so maybe the FFF don't need to shove him out so quick, maybe he's contractually obligated to work some kind of notice, and they are enforcing that on him. Maybe this isn't all Hoillier's choice and breaking his contract with immediate effect could leave him open to compensation claims? By him dancing to their tune he can ger out in a matter of days/ weeks rather than the 3 months that he obviously has in the contract - didn't he say that himself?

Having said all that - this could all be him pandering to their requests to keep in with the FFF. Randy could propably help with a comensation claim if needed :D

General Krulak posted:

5. Risso: ????? I think I have answered this multiple times. GH is our Manager. We have agreed that he complete his obligations and respect him for his desire to do so.

It doesn't say he hasn't signed anything with AV.

Houllier did the other day. Saying something to the effect of "my word is my bond".

General Krulak posted:

5. Risso: ????? I think I have answered this multiple times. GH is our Manager. We have agreed that he complete his obligations and respect him for his desire to do so.

Houllier did the other day. Saying something to the effect of "my word is my bond".

Exactly. He certainly has not yet signed to become our new manager.

He may have signed some autograph's though, not sure.

General Krulak posted:

:crylaugh: good one guys our billionaire business man owner has Aston Vlla announce GH as our manager even present him at a press conference and yet you seem to think he hasnt signed anything. Yeah Randy is that daft. And your eveidence for this GH said something to the effect of....... :crylaugh:

Why would Houlier want to piss off his home federation for the sake of a few weeks?

Why would Villa want to piss off the FFF for the sake of two or three games by pushing the issue?

It makes sense for all parties to allow him to tie up his commitments. It enhances our reputation in European football as a club that does things the right way. Houllier leaves his home federation on good terms.

He will be at the Bolton game and in charge for Blackburn. I see no big deal here. He is here for three years at the very least.

Knickers in a twist over very little.

:crylaugh: good one guys our billionaire business man owner has Aston Vlla announce GH as our manager even present him at a press conference and yet you seem to think he hasnt signed anything. Yeah Randy is that daft. And your eveidence for this GH said something to the effect of....... :crylaugh:

:crylaugh: Here's a good one as well. The same billionaire's right hand man came onto supporter forums saying that Randy amd Lerner were working really closely together all summer" when it turns out, they weren't at all! :crylaugh:

Ooh me poor sides.

Why would Houlier want to piss off his home federation for the sake of a few weeks?

Why would Villa want to piss off the FFF for the sake of two or three games by pushing the issue?

It makes sense for all parties to allow him to tie up his commitments. It enhances our reputation in European football as a club that does things the right way. Houllier leaves his home federation on good terms.

He will be at the Bolton game and in charge for Blackburn. I see no big deal here. He is here for three years at the very least.

Knickers in a twist over very little.

Why should we worry about pissing off the FFF or not?

General Krulak posted:

Like I say, he may have signed some autographs or something, but he has not yet signed as manager of Villa.

The 63-year-old, who has yet to sign a contract with Villa but said it was a "formality", said that he will not be managing the team at home against Bolton Wanderers a week today

Link to full article if you are not yet satisfied:

Guardian Link

I'm not sure why you seem to find this all hilariously funny .... :shock:

:crylaugh: Here's a good one as well. The same billionaire's right hand man came onto supporter forums saying that Randy amd Lerner were working really closely together all summer" when it turns out, they weren't at all! :crylaugh:

Ooh me poor sides.

Firstly that dpesnt make sense and secondly if Im correct in what you were trying to put how the **** is that relevant

General Krulak posted:

Like I say, he may have signed some autographs or something, but he has not yet signed as manager of Villa.

The 63-year-old, who has yet to sign a contract with Villa but said it was a "formality", said that he will not be managing the team at home against Bolton Wanderers a week today

Link to full article if you are not yet satisfied:

Guardian Link

I'm not sure why you seem to find this all hilariously funny .... :shock:

Oh so the Guardian say he hasnt sign something and they get to this conclusion by someone saying the word "formality" well it must be true that he hasnt signed anything then.

I dont subsribe to your view point and you obvioulsy dont subscribe to the same humour I do of how pathetic and straw clutching all these conspiracy theories sound. Its boggling to think that you think Aston Villa would call a press conference announce GH as manager without a contract signed. Start date to be confirmed dependant on notice period. It happens all the time.

Risso wrote -

Why should we worry about pissing off the FFF or not?

Some of us may not but Houllier may be bothered.

Two questions

1) Would you prefer Paul Lambert as manager within 10 days of the leprechaun resigning or M.Houllier in this scenario?

2) Do you go to Aston Villa games?

all these conspiracy theories sound.

:?

What's the conspiracy?

Indeed, what's the theory behind any conspiracy?

The simply fact is, I was backing up the accurate statement from Risso that Ged Houllier is not YET our manager, and has NOT signed as our manager YET.

and we don't know 100% when he will do so.

That is all factually correct.

I'm not sure what conspiracy theory you are alluding too.

Â