Computer Survey - Please Vote

darrenm

What Operating System do you use to access Villatalk?.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Operating System do you use to access Villatalk?.

• Windows
    • Mac
    • Linux
    • Phone
    • Other

Could you please vote for whatever Operating System you have on the main computer or device you use to access Villatalk.

Windows - Any variant of desktop Windows e.g. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Mac - Any variant of Mac OS on an Apple Mac.

Linux - Any Linux distribution such as Ubuntu, openSuse, Mandriva etc.

Phone - You mainly use your phone browser to access VT.

Other - Anything else (please post what).

Thanks.

Linux. On all my computers, even the ones I lend to mates. I sold my mac when it got too slow and I run windows in virtual machines when I have to. Same at work. I don't understand how people tolerate windows as their main OS.

Linux. On all my computers, even the ones I lend to mates. I sold my mac when it got too slow and I run windows in virtual machines when I have to. Same at work. I don't understand how people tolerate windows as their main OS.

Pretty much exactly the same here. I've always got one flavour or another of Linux on my laptops with Windows XP virtual pc's. Only difference is that I (and everyone else at my place) uses Windows XP or 7 as we've got stuff like Solidworks cadcam and our ERP system.

Thanks guys so far. Just building up a bit of ammo ;)
Posting in this forum though is going to be heavily biased. The tech room is mostly frequented by the sort of people that will run linux, rather than the main forum where I bet it's near 99% windows.

Posting in this forum though is going to be heavily biased. The tech room is mostly frequented by the sort of people that will run linux, rather than the main forum where I bet it's near 99% windows.

Depends on how people browse the site. I just use new posts where this will show up with everything else.

Can't you just post the stats from the whole site Limpid?

Didn't really wanna ask as that's information that some people may not want to be known. At least like this it's only information from those that volunteer it.

Didn't really wanna ask as that's information that some people may not want to be known. At least like this it's only information from those that volunteer it.

There's a stats section on the site anyway.

Didn't spot that, thanks.

However, looking at it I don't think it's up to date for all the browser strings now cos the awstats stuff I look at on other sites don't have anywhere near that number unknown.

Depends on how people browse the site. I just use new posts where this will show up with everything else.

There's an interesting thread there... "how do you browse VT?"

Me, I generally check "View your posts" so I don't miss a reply to a post of mine then check "American Villans" (being a mod and all) and go up through Browns and NFL, Tech Talk, Off Topic, Matchday, Other Football, the Main Forum, etc.

Didn't spot that, thanks.

However, looking at it I don't think it's up to date for all the browser strings now cos the awstats stuff I look at on other sites don't have anywhere near that number unknown.

Nor do I think any other site has as many page views from FreeBSD...

Given that Mac/PPC is used as opposed to Mac/x86, I suspect that most of the Unknowns are Mac/x86s.

Would iPhone/iPad/Android (etc) make up a chunk of that "unknown" too?

I think you have to have a bigger poll than what you initially wanted too. If you are looking to prove that Linux is more popular or Windows is less popular than somebody elses perception then a biased sample is fairly worthless, isnt it? It's like asking in Villa Talk who was better, Brian Little or Trevor Francis.

My only experience of Mr. Francis is through his commentary (for some reason, the PL likes to assign him to commentate on the world feed for various Villa games) and, while I have no experience of Mr. Little, anybody who would prefer Mr. Francis is a **** moron.

Hmmm, how best to word this.. I made the wording of the initial post such that non-tech users would be able to understand. Assuming that more tech savvy users would be using linux I thought this should help keep the poll neutral. I just need some data to back up a point I will be making about villa fans on the web.

Hmmm, how best to word this.. I made the wording of the initial post such that non-tech users would be able to understand. Assuming that more tech savvy users would be using linux I thought this should help keep the poll neutral. I just need some data to back up a point I will be making about villa fans on the web.

But most villa fans on this site don't venture out the main forum, even fewer venture into the tech room. The poll isn't going to give anything like a representative sample.

• 3 weeks later...
Â