Stephen Ireland

Richard

All this guy cares about is money. He did this to us and now he's doing it to you. What a cancer he has become.

He took a pay cut to come to Aston Villa. The pay off he got from you guys was just to make that up for the remainder of his contract. He'd have been earning at least as much just sitting it out on the Man City bench, and he wouldn't have had to commute to Birmingham. So I reckon it's a little odd to suggest the only thing he cares about is money.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CB is right, his main motivation is ££££, especially considering he's suing City even though he flagged them off as soon as he joined hence the confidentiality agreement payment was held back, and now he's suing! I'd rather him do talking on the pitch rather than off it!

I think CB is right, his main motivation is ££££, especially considering he's suing City even though he flagged them off as soon as he joined hence the confidentiality agreement payment was held back, and now he's suing! I'd rather him do talking on the pitch rather than off it!

It's not like he asked to leave, is it? He wanted the pay-off because he was basically being forced out of City, and was agreeing to join a club on lower wages. As I say, I'm pretty sure he'd have been earning at least as much just staying at City. The boy wanted to play. He's not SWP.

Look he got a pay off but this was split, 1.5million was promised for a confidentiality agreement I.e don't slag City off in the press, he did that the day he joined. His main concentration should be working his ass off for the side instead of whinging to his agent.

Look he got a pay off but this was split, 1.5million was promised for a confidentiality agreement I.e don't slag City off in the press, he did that the day he joined. His main concentration should be working his ass off for the side instead of whinging to his agent.

I'm not convinced your facts are right there at all to be honest.

And talking to your agent is something that can quite easily be done while working your ass off for a new job. To think that one must distract him from the other is very odd. I'm able to handle loads of personal issues in the course of a day, and it doesn't stop me working hard at my job too. It's a complete red herring.

I am right just go back a few pages in this thread and see what he's suing for!

I've read about the suing business. The £1.5m was the payment Manchester City paid to Ireland because he was taking a drop in salary to go to Villa. They agreed to pay this out only with a confidentiality clause. None of us know exactly what this clause stated or how legally watertight it is at all. Stephen Ireland thinks he is still due the money and Manchester City don't. This is in the hands of his lawyers, and I don't see how it detracts from his ability to play for Aston Villa. If you think he's playing badly for us, fair enough. I personally don't think he's playing any worse than a lot of other players who don't get nearly so much stick. Either way it has nothing to do with this money, and I reiterate that Ireland would have been at least as well off sitting on the bench at Manchester City and picking up his paycheck like SWP, and he wouldn't have had to commute to Brum every day either.

I reiterate that Ireland would have been at least as well off sitting on the bench at Manchester City and picking up his paycheck like SWP, and he wouldn't have had to commute to Brum every day either.

He wouldn't have been on the bench, he wasn't going to be in their final 25.

I reiterate that Ireland would have been at least as well off sitting on the bench at Manchester City and picking up his paycheck like SWP, and he wouldn't have had to commute to Brum every day either.

he still would have got paid though..

Even more so then, yes. He could have picked up his dosh and just stayed home. If money was all he cared about.

HE has stated that HE wants to leave. It's in the Irish press and GH confirmed it. **** him off!

If my manager at work treated me like that I'd want to leave too, don't blame him at all. But itit's not just that he wants to leave, it's that Ged wants him to leave at least as much if not more.

HE has stated that HE wants to leave. It's in the Irish press and GH confirmed it. **** him off!

If my manager at work treated me like that I'd want to leave too, don't blame him at all. But itit's not just that he wants to leave, it's that Ged wants him to leave at least as much if not more.

GH said he wasn't pulling his weight, and all he's done is prove him right, he's a lazy word removed, and one that we cannot afford to carry. GH did nothign wrong if you ask me.

Another useless pile of shit we're stuck with on mega bucks!