Stephen Ireland

Richard

I am referring to the posters who tried to tell me he was better than Milner. Because I dont believe wed get 18m and a better player. I totally agree with giving people time, but we dont treat every player like that.

The way ppl were talking about him on here, I was expecting a lot better tbh. So far ive seen basically what i expected.

Why don't we? I give every player time, some people dont but that's up to them.

Ireland showed some good touches last night, and I think he could work out to be a good player for us.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can only judge Ireland is when he has Gabby running off him. He is a good player and it'll take him a bit of time.

Pity we dont judge other players based on one thing. If we can only judge him on when gabby is running off him then thqat shows what a limited and poor player he is

Or the fact that we don't have any decent strikers.

Downing seems to be doing alright. We cant be carrying people just because the teams not 100% focused on their strengths.

Heskey seems to be playing well as well. Its total rubbish what your suggesting.

A lack of decent strikers doesnt mean he can play poor passes and get caught on the ball (which is what ive seen).

I think you can only judge Ireland is when he has Gabby running off him. He is a good player and it'll take him a bit of time.

Pity we dont judge other players based on one thing. If we can only judge him on when gabby is running off him then thqat shows what a limited and poor player he is

What's his strength? His strength is threading balls through to players, so in reference does that make Rooney shit as last year he had Valencia supplying him and he bangs in 30goals, this year the supplier gets injured and guess what no goals from Rooney but people say it's a loss of form with Rooney but with Ireland he's just shit because WoodyTom said so. How many times have we done this, say a players shit because he hasn't took on all 5 players and banged it in the top corner. Ireland hasn't been great, however i have seen glimpses in games to think the guy is quality, that run against Bolton, just glid past players, he has vision, for me he is trying too hard.

It's a confidence thing imo... NRC and Heskey both need confidence to do well.. more then other players and I think Ireland is the same.. when you try really hard and nothing works then you just got to be confident and believe in yourself... he needs a goal or an assist or both and he'll be confident, same goes for NRC if he gets a goal in (which i'm sure he will) then imo he'll be even more confident in front of goal and will probably bang them in often.

^ Heskey proves this.

Why all 3 confidence levels are low in the first place are questionable.. but its time to look to the future.

Since Houllier took over NRC has made threatening runs towards goals in nearly every match but hasn't put them away, Heskey has banged them in 3 times.. things will change for Ireland, remember this time last year we all laughed when Heskey was on as a sub impact.

Maybe if we sign Kaka, Ronaldo, Terry, Cole, Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Drogba and Cech, then we'll see the best of Stephen Ireland.....
Mmmm...

Think maybe Citeh tried something along those lines (OK maybe not as lavish as the players mentioned above 8) ) and the result was...

Ireland was frozen out.

Maybe if we sign Kaka, Ronaldo, Terry, Cole, Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Drogba and Cech, then we'll see the best of Stephen Ireland.....

Do you really think, that playing Stephen Ireland as our main striker, which we did last night as Young was going walk about, shows the best of him? Do you believe that?

What's his strength? His strength is threading balls through to players, so in reference does that make Rooney shit as last year he had Valencia supplying him and he bangs in 30goals, this year the supplier gets injured and guess what no goals from Rooney but people say it's a loss of form with Rooney but with Ireland he's just shit because WoodyTom said so. How many times have we done this, say a players shit because he hasn't took on all 5 players and banged it in the top corner. Ireland hasn't been great, however i have seen glimpses in games to think the guy is quality, that run against Bolton, just glid past players, he has vision, for me he is trying too hard.

I havent said he was shit (I was saying that if we can only judge him when gabbys back then hes a Limited poor player. But surely he doesnt need only Gabby.

What i am trying to say is - lets not beat around the bush hes been shit.

Im all for giving him more time, but lets have the same attitude with other players as well. Theres no way heskey or Downing could go this long playing shit and getting away with it on the basis of he needs time and gabby in the side.

In fact when ppl tried using that excuse for dj last season it caused uproar (well not quite) but u get my point.

In fact when ppl tried using that excuse for dj last season it caused uproar (well not quite) but u get my point.

Most of the posts I saw about Downing last season we about give him time, he had been injured. There were some people saying he is shit and wont improve and is a waste of money, same as there are in this thread about Ireland and you been one of them.

I'm torn on Stephen Ireland. Part of my thinks at what point do we stop justifying his poor performances by saying "he isn't being used the right way" or "he hasn't got the right players around him" and accept that he's gash, whilst the other part of me is thinking that I felt the same way about Downing last year but now he's one of our most vital players.

We all know Ireland's not played a great deal of football in a while, perhaps this magical "full pre-season" that can turn players around à la Downing that is oft-mentioned/debated by people actually does exist. Can it do the same for Ireland? I bloody well hope so.

Most of the posts I saw about Downing last season we about give him time, he had been injured. There were some people saying he is shit and wont improve and is a waste of money, same as there are in this thread about Ireland and you been one of them.

Ive not once said that about Ireland - infact the post that youve just quoted said - I agree - give him more time.

Ive not once said that about Ireland - infact the post that youve just quoted said - I agree - give him more time.

I know, I knew it when I posted as well so apologies for that. It's just you are banging why should Ireland be given time, when other players aren't. But then you want to give Ireland time? It was just confusing me. :D

I know, I knew it when I posted as well so apologies for that. It's just you are banging why should Ireland be given time, when other players aren't. But then you want to give Ireland time? It was just confusing me. :D

Think my point is (very difficult to get across when hiding from boss) lets give all players the benefit of the doubt regards time

Let me introduce myself - Im Emile Heskey's mate :D

I havent said he was shit (I was saying that if we can only judge him when gabbys back then hes a Limited poor player. But surely he doesnt need only Gabby.

What i am trying to say is - lets not beat around the bush hes been shit.

Im all for giving him more time, but lets have the same attitude with other players as well. Theres no way heskey or Downing could go this long playing shit and getting away with it on the basis of he needs time and gabby in the side.

Agreed, he hasn't been great but give the boy time. Look at Milner, he's not exactly setting the world alight in Eastlands is he.

it just isnt coming off for him at the moment but theres no need to boo him when he went off :? got into arguement with a guy in front of me who was booing him, he said he deserved to be booed because he isnt trying i said well things are not happening for him at the moment and your gonna do his confidence the world of good by booing him.

His best games for me so far have been against chelsea at home and rapid vienna at home where he showed glimpses of what he can do.

it just isnt coming off for him at the moment but theres no need to boo him when he went off :? got into arguement with a guy in front of me who was booing him, he said he deserved to be booed because he isnt trying i said well things are not happening for him at the moment and your gonna do his confidence the world of good by booing him.

His best games for me so far have been against chelsea at home and rapid vienna at home where he showed glimpses of what he can do.

derfinately no room for booing. Tossers

Hahaha brilliant!

Yes, Rooney's loss of form since MARCH is all due to Valencia being injured, there are no other major drama's going on in young Wayne's life.

Pisser :crylaugh: