Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have finished my 7th season in my career. 2nd season at Forest.

This is how I did:

Prem: 7th. Only a few points off CL.

CL: 4th Rd. Newcastle.

FA: Lost in Semi's to Man City.

Europa League: Lost the final to Arsenal.

Transfers in January were: IN - Pichu Atienza (£2.2m), B.Sagna (£1m), Paulo Henrique (Free), C.Wickham (£2m), M.Skrtel (Free), A.Areola (Free), C.Kameni (Free), D.Villa (Free), L.Diarra (Free), M.Balotelli (Free), J.Angel (£12m), F.Delph (£5m), M.Richards (£1m), D.Capel (Loan), Regens on loan.

OUT - E.Lichaj (£800k), K.Wilson (£2.3m), M.Borrielo (£300k), A.Weimann (£1.3m), A.Smithies (£6m + 50%), N.De Jong (£2m), M.Stech (£800k), C.Cohen (Free), D.Bentley (£1.3m), Others out on loan. In JANUARY - M.Balotelli (£15m).

Summer went really well. Managed to get rid of all players that kept me up and sold them for profits too. Then raided the free transfers to find some gems like Henrique, Balotelli, Diarra etc. Pleased with everyone I signed except Villa who turned out to be rubbish (34yrs).

Season started really well, losing just 4 games in league from start 'till Feb. Balotelli was on fire. Then one game he was rubbish so I subbed him. Got pissed off and hated me. This was October. I still played him and still banged them in but hated me and wouldn't talk to me. Then in December & Jan he got sent off 3 times in 4 games for stupid stuff. Had to go. Never recovered as didn't get anyone else in to replace him. Was looking at CL until then.

In Europa I decided to play my 2nd string. They won group easily (Inc. Porto). Then had easy passage till 1/4's, Juve away. Played 1st team and won 8-6 agg. Beat Olympiacos in Semi's but Arse too good in Final.

Finances looking good. Net transfer profit of £20 mil. Board upgrading Training/Youth & Stadium.

Will scout them, thanks mate :)

Try Domenico Criscito too. Plays for Genoa at start.

At Barca

I got the Liverpool left back, not Wilson, the other one. Was at Arsenal but he looked good so have paid £5m for him... lol

Halfway through rebuild. As soon as I win PL and FA cup with them I will look for another project.

this is also useful if you're trying to secure young talent. it's a list of the dates regens are generated in each country, when the dates come around you can do a search with age and nationality filters and try to sign up any decent prospects before other clubs do.

What do you think of my first team so far (as it is for next season, might see a few more added)

------------------------Hart

Slot------------Jones-------Shawcross-------Robinson

----------Milner------Rodwell------Ramsey-------------

Silva----------------------------------------------Hazard

-----------------------Aguero----------------------------

Subs: Ruben, Lescott, (K) Toure, (M) Sissoko, A Johnson, Barry, Balotelli

Am going to sell Tevez, Aguero deal is wrapped for the summer.

Hailarious...

I win league with Man City (yeah I know lol)

So next time I get a confidence update

they are pleased with 4-0 win over Everton

they are dissappointed with 1-0 loss to Wolves

the 1-0 loss was last game of the season with league won and youth playing!!!!

Not pleased they won league then?

What role is that then?

Things like Academy Director etc

It is surprising they don't do include such roles, pretty important one's too. Can't be to hard to add it in and the ability of the academy director has an effect on the youth system of that team?

The role does not exist in the game and unless the youth setup was re coded it would be purely cosmetic to have that role showing up in the game. There are lots of staff roles that are a standard part of any professional club (the higher the more there are) which do not exist in the game and in reality are not needed as it is behind the scenes and wouldn't really have any affect the game.

Â