Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

He's currently ahead of Herd, Osbourne, Johnson and Carruthers (Salifou too) in the VP pecking order yet behind all of them in FM, is it a case of taking him towards the 90 mark and knocking Osbourne down a peg or two?

Spot on.

He has been rated by other researchers in the past hence his low CA. I'm going to have to look at this in future because I've been stung on Hogg and Bannan this time around. I've seen Lowry come back into my file as -8 before as well!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young plays RW, Downing LW....Ireland AM.

For me, Ireland is excellent, as is Young, Downing's been decent, not spectacular.

Reo-Coker Petrov usually sit in, although somtimes Bannan as the deep lying playmaker, rotate at times.

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock, simple back line.

van Wolfswinkel upfront at the moment, Heskey and Gabby both out.

Just beat Chelsea 2-0 :)

tbh you weren't to know Bannan would make such a big impression, shit happens.

But I did know he had great technique and was a quality passer of the ball. CA being lower I can accept but missing those is poor.

How many players do you get spot on though? Missing one thing like that isn't the end of the world. I think you're being too harsh, it is the Spurs guy who needs shooting! ;)

Challenge for you

Last season I flew out of the traps with QPR, was 4th at Christmas but then only won a very small amount of games in the second part of the season. For some reason I gave away 11 penalties (for all sorts) I kept letting in long range shots, I scored 8 own goals and my players refused to close down even though they were set to do that. Finally, 6 red cards in the final 3 months alone meant I slipped down and finished 7th. I was still creating chances and a good example was Vrs Boro, 17 shots, 9 on target, one red card, 7 yellow cards and a penalty in the second minute, I losr 1-0 and their keeper got MOTM - totally out of my hands as I dominated!

I have started well again, how so I stop the inevitable slip up?

the most frustrating thing about this game: gabby has been on absolute fire. (won the league and retained the fa cup and got to semi finals of cl) he wnats to move to a bigger club?!

completely unrealistic as gabby loves villa for one but even still i won the damn league. it is so flipping annoying

the thing thats also annoying is when a player wnats a private chat with you whatever you do it ends on a sour note! terrible

the most frustrating thing about this game: gabby has been on absolute fire. (won the league and retained the fa cup and got to semi finals of cl) he wnats to move to a bigger club?!

completely unrealistic as gabby loves villa for one but even still i won the damn league. it is so flipping annoying

the thing thats also annoying is when a player wnats a private chat with you whatever you do it ends on a sour note! terrible

Small things like that always happen in manager games, it's one of the reasons why I never have the patience to play out a manager season for more than 1.5 seasons.

Important game against Wycombe (top of the league) on my Bradford City save, and I have 6 first team players away on international duty..

On a side note I have Andy Weimann and Nathan Baker on loan and they've both been immense in League 2.

Small things like that always happen in manager games, it's one of the reasons why I never have the patience to play out a manager season for more than 1.5 seasons.

I always save before something like that and then reload if it goes sour. It's the only way to counter the cheating bastard computer.

seems its the only way dante

gabby is unhappy but hasnt left. is anyone having this problem too. offering players to other clubs, lets say gabbys worth 5m and you offer for 8m all you will get if interested is what he is worth!! on the old one if it was a highly player rated you would get more money

at the end of my first Villa season I tried to sell Downing, ended up offering him out for £2m and still no one was interested. the best way I've found to off-load players is offering them in part-exchange deals, I got decent deals on Rodwell and De Gea by offering Sidwell and Cuellar respectively.

haven't had too much trouble with players falling out with me though, if they complain i tend to just use the 'i'm the manager blah blah you're out of line' speech and more often than not they apologize.

seems its the only way dante

gabby is unhappy but hasnt left. is anyone having this problem too. offering players to other clubs, lets say gabbys worth 5m and you offer for 8m all you will get if interested is what he is worth!! on the old one if it was a highly player rated you would get more money

It is a problem, previously I offered £2 million players out for Swansea, no offers even for £0!!!

Although this Villa game, offered Carew and Osbourne out for their values and both of them get offers, so maybe it's fixed a little for me, will see in January when I try to sell Sidwell and Collins!

Â