Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to win the Premier League and FA Cup in second season with the Villa.

First season was average, knocked out of cups early and finished 8th in the league.

Changed my formation to one i saw Chelsea playing, back four, man in front of back four, two centre mids, two advanced wingers and lone man up front, and it worked really well. Went unbeaten for 20 odd games aswell, but went a bit pear shaped towards the end though, kept dropping points, title went to final day where the top four/five were in contention for the title, just about made it home.

Mbark Boussoufa, Kamil Zayatte, David Bentley, Paul Robinson (GK), Arturo Vidal, Steven Defour, Sergio Tajera have been my best buys.

Still got the likes of Agbonlahor, Young, Petrov, Dunne, Cuellar, all done a really good job.

Randy Lerner has sold up aswell, some Serbian businessman at the top now!

I really am shit at this game. Problem is, I struggle with motivating myself as soon as I go on ridiculous runs of crap form. I think I'm up to 6 straight losses as Dover now. Sitting pretty at the bottom of the league, completely unable to make my DC's man mark efficiently and leak goals from crosses like there's no tomorrow. :(

word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed

This game is a big hairy ass word removed!!!!

Did I mention I was shit at this game? :D

I'm going to manage a Foreign club now, finished with Villa 1st in the league sold alot of players bought alot of quality players.. won fa cup, league cup etc.. not going to play CL though and will resign there.

Will start a new game with probably a french club tomorrow..not sure who though hmm.

Seriously, I'm going to effing snap my own leg in two from frustration over this game. The right wing nutters have it all wrong! It isn't games like Medal of Honour, CoD or Postal that corrupts our youth and turns them into homicidal maniacs. IT IS THE **** FRUSTRATION OF NOT BEING ABLE TO WIN A **** GAME IN FM THAT TURNS THEM INTO SERIAL KILLERS!!!!

I think I am too, haven't played for a while. Free day tommorow, start another game. Who with though...Hmmmm, League 2 I reckon.[/quote

Joe, all I ever read on this thread (and last year's thread) is that you're starting a new game! Bored easily? :)

I think I am too, haven't played for a while. Free day tommorow, start another game. Who with though...Hmmmm, League 2 I reckon.

Joe, all I ever read on this thread (and last year's thread) is that you're starting a new game! Bored easily? :)

Well I always think about starting a new game, then I sort of do other things and think what's the point at the moment or I load the game up and never find a team I like, then 4/5 days later, the same process. :lol:

I hate when I load up, spend about 45 minutes....sort of just looking through teams, then picking one.....then about 5 days in thinking 'Can't be fecked!'

Damn you FM.

Might write a story, that makes me play the game!

I'm stopping my telford one, well am awaiting a patch. **** off all my coaches wouldn't agree new deals (was trying for 18 months) so lost all of them and the assistant manager at the end of the season and the only coaches who will sign for me are of a much lower ability as the decent ones with no clubs want £2k+

I actually holidayed for 6 months to see where the coaches went, all unemployed... so they refused new contracts to be unemployed. Funny.

So that game is now sat on a backburner, the further I go into the seasons I find more problems and they are stopping me enjoying it.

"I want to leave the club"

ok fine, at the end of the season"

"that sounds good"

a few days later

"that sounds good"

a few days later

"that sounds good"

and its so **** stupid. Gonna start one with a bigger team as I know with Villa I had no issues with contracts.

Maybe I get bugs without thinking about them which makes me enjoy the game less, It is weird that all my favourite and best games on FM are after usually the 3rd patch, always struggle to get into games until like Jan/Feb...or maybe it's co-incidence.

Its the same for me mate, I always start one in feb time and have a blast. We only get about 7 months worth of a 12 month game, it is shameful.

Â