Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt know Leon Osman (Everton) was Turkish?

I'm managing Spurs, and in my game he's just moved from Everton to Napoli, took a look at his profile and his nationality is showing as Turkish, with English under other nationalities.

Exactly the same in my game. Moved to Napoli and is now Turkish, made his debut in August 2010. Weird. Didn't know either.

Playing 4411

Gk - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Auto

DCR - Limited Defender - Defend

DCL- Limited Defender - Defend

DL - Full Back - Auto

MR - Winger - Attack

MCR - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support

MCL - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support

ML - Winger - Attack

AMCL - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

STCR - Poacher - Attack

Philosophy - Balanced, Starting Strategy - Attacking

Striker as target man - run onto ball.

Creating lots of CCC's, just not putting them away. Gabby has 4 goals & 4 assists in 12 appearances in all comps. Av Rat of 7.10.

That seems like a really defensive formation, how is your team going?

I've been using

Gk - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Wing Back - Auto

DCR - Central Defender - Defend

DCL- Central Defender - Defend

DL - Wing Back - Auto

AMR - Winger - Support

DMCR - Defensive Mid - Support

DMCL - Anchor Man - Defend

AML - Winger - Attack

AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

STC - Poacher - Attack

Strategy is all standard

Was going very well but Ireland recently got injured and i've been creating very few chances but getting lucky winning penalties. Am 9-1-0 leading the league :D and 2-1-0 in europa.

Gabby is 6goal 4 assists from 6(3) games. but Carew and Heskey have been absolute shit for me

Heskey scored 9 in 14 for me. had the ball played to his feet and he seemed to use it well. Agbonlahor had 6 in 12 (I rotated strikers, depending on opposition) and Carew was shit, 2 in 9 - both in Carling cup against Northampton. Delfouneso had 3 in 8.

That seems like a really defensive formation, how is your team going?

Well it's working well because Petrov/NRC/Sidwell in the middle win the ball, lay it off to wingers/AMC and bob's your uncle.

Don't concede many and score a fair few.

I'm 4th in league with a game in hand which will put me 2nd. Record is 9-6-1. Went 14 unbeaten then lost to Man C away. Through to Knockout stages in EL. Through to LC Semi-Final vs Bolton (Who are 5th in Prem). Other semi is Chelsea/Burnley.

Gabby's got 9 goals/4 assists in 20 games in all comps. Fonz's got 9 goals/7 assists in 17 games in all comps.

EDIT - Draw for EL knockout round just made. Got Schalke, 1st leg at home. And if I get through that I've got PAOK or Lyon.

Of course won't be able to do all that until I have the full game.

I've been playing as Paris Saint Germain and they have some really nice youngsters in that team..

There's like a 15/16 year old who i've got playing in first team, very good player. He was 15 when i put him in and now his 16 his got a professional contract. There's like 9 players from the U18/U19 squad that are already amazing, Infact I doubt i need to buy any players at all.

Hoarau is smashing them in aswell on my game.

It's like the French Aston Villa :lol:

It's a good demo, doesn't give too much away there are still plenty of features on this that we can't use and you cant progress after certain amount of matches

but you get the idea of the new training arrangements, new contracts/agents etc.. cant wait for the full game.

Â