Barry Bannan

villianusa

Thing is since lambert had his thoughts on him, we all believe what lambert believed in the he is shit. When in reality he is a descent player who would walk into our team at the moment. Bannan needed to be played as a CAM when instead he was played in a deeper role for us. That is why we couldn't get the best out if him. Pulis has and one of lamberts flaws this season is his ability to not get the best out of his players

Thing is since lambert had his thoughts on him, we all believe what lambert believed in the he is shit. When in reality he is a descent player who would walk into our team at the moment. Bannan needed to be played as a CAM when instead he was played in a deeper role for us. That is why we couldn't get the best out if him. Pulis has and one of lamberts flaws this season is his ability to not get the best out of his players

Another view point taken from 5 second clips off MotD. His performances for Palace have not been good despite him taking a shot and hitting the post against us at VP. I've seen him play many times this season and he is the same poor player as last season. His ratings on whoscored back this up also with all of our regular midfielders scoring higher than him.

I guarantee you if Bannan was still a regular starter for us you'd be thinking he is our weakest link. Lambert did the correct thing in selling Bannan.

Yet it confirmed that his Whoscored ratings since Pulis was appointed would have him as our second best midfielder and sixth best player overall.

Note that FG spoke specifically about him under Pulis.

Edited by Isa

Lambert may be getting a lot wrong but let's not rewrite history eh? He was shit for us and has hardly looked great for Palace.

• Like 2

He's got more ability then Bacuna, Sylla, Westwood, Kea, Tonev and Co and shouldn't have been sold when we have that load of shit as midfielders.

Palace fans seem to think he's playing well, I'd take their word for it.

He has a left foot, which when works is very good. Other than that he can't tackle, can't defend, has major lapses in concentration and can't head. If you take his strongest ability and could get it to work often he might be worth keeping in a team. However, it doesn't work often at all and even though our midfield is our weakest department he would still only weaken it further - as evidenced by all of his games last season.

He's got more ability then Bacuna, Sylla, Westwood, Kea, Tonev and Co and shouldn't have been sold when we have that load of shit as midfielders.

And yet Sylla, Westwood and even KEA all outperformed him last season.

• Like 1

We've already had this conversation. Let's not do it again.

Yes and you've resorted to the same strawman argument. FG mentioned him under Pulis so his performances before Pulis' appointment aren't relevant to that argument. You're the one also who gives credence to Whoscored ratings, so I don't see what the problem is?

Now who's 'rewriting history'?

Certainly not me. KEA was by no means decent but he was better than Bannan.

Certainly not me. KEA was by no means decent but he was better than Bannan.

He wasn't last season no. Good for the first few games then was just dire after that. I can perhaps understand if you had said he was no worse but to say that he 'outperformed' Bannan is just completely baseless.

He was. Doesn't mean he was good or even average, but he was still better than Bannan.

That settles it then.

As opposed to basically saying "No KEA was not better"?

What are you basing the idea that KEA was better on though? Please point out all his 'better' performances...

Edited by Isa

He was. Doesn't mean he was good or even average, but he was still better than Bannan.

That settles it then.
As opposed to basically saying "No KEA was not better"?

What are you basing the idea that KEA was better on though? Please point out all his 'better' performances...

You said it yourself he was good for the first few games. I don't remember Bannan ever being good last season. Just what exactly are you basing the idea that Bannan wasn't worse on?