RESERVES : 2010/11 season/stats - Chelsea are champions

BOF

I made it to Hinckley for the first time last night.

Result extremely harsh on the Villa boys. Hit the post, had a couple of 1 on 1 situations and 2/3 pen appeals turned down, plus numerous long range hits not far from target.

Was really impressed with Jordan Graham in the 1st half and couldn't believe he was taken off at half time. But then I realised he's probably playing in the Youth Cup tomorrow night?

Gary Gardner is going to be a player, although I guess a lot of people already know that.

Forrester was busy and unlucky to hit the post but looked dangerous throughout.

Chelsea still winning without Borini (who is @ Swansea now). They move into 2nd place and have 3 games in hand over Arsenal with only 4pts between them. They've 3 wins on the bounce now and are unbeaten in 6 games.

[table color=#bccde9:5a97254c87][row][mcol][mcol]Wigan Ath.[mcol]0-1[mcol]Chelsea[row][mcol][col][col][col]goal.gif 19' Billy Clifford[/table]

Arsenal being hunted down with purpose now. West Ham go back into 2nd and also have enough games in hand over the Arse.

[table color=#bccde9:998a0acca5][row][mcol]23/03[mcol]Blackpool[mcol]2-4[mcol]West Ham Utd.[row][mcol][col]

goal.gif 32' Sergei Kornilenko

goal.gif 43' Brett Ormerod

[col][col]goal.gif 24' Dylan Tombides

goal.gif 45' George Moncur

goal.gif 57' Freddie Sears

goal.gif 73' Cristian Montano[/table]

Sitting here watching Liverpool v Everton on LFCTV. Decent watch. Impressed with Liverpool's Suso. Everton jut went 2-0 up though. Two nice goals too.

thanks bof did it finish 2-2? how was forshaw? i liked him when i saw him against bate borisov
Yeah, 2-2. Forshaw was good and his goal was very very good. It'll probably be on 101greatgoals soon given that it was broadcast on a widely available feed like LFCTV.

Hammers kick off in 20 minutes away at an in-form Blackburn Rovers side. Blackburn are top of North section 'B', they score an average of 2 goals a game and are currently on a reserve-record-equalling 3-game winning streak.

The Hammers are also in form as they're unbeaten in 5 games. Tough one to call, though I'd give West Ham the edge, just.

Bad day at the office for West Ham who drop to 3rd on goal difference off the back of this defeat. Blackburn win their 4th in a row, setting a new record for this season in the process.

[table color=#bccde9:e065c29bd3][row][mcol]28/03[mcol]Blackburn Rovers[mcol]4-1[mcol]West Ham Utd.[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 5' Own goal

goal.gif 10' James Knowles

goal.gif 80' Osayamen Osawe

goal.gif 87' Tom Hitchcock[col][col]

goal.gif 68' Anthony Edgar

[/table]

[table color=#bccde9:326d0ad9b2][row][mcol]29/03[mcol][mcol][mcol][row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]14:00[mcol]Newcastle United[mcol]v[mcol]Everton[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]14:00[mcol]Wigan Athletic[mcol]v[mcol]Arsenal[row][row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Bolton Wanderers[mcol]v[mcol]ASTON VILLA[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Sunderland[mcol]v[mcol]West Bromwich Albion[row][mcol][col][col][col][/table]

Swiss U-17 world cup winning goalkeeper, Ben Siegrist, makes his first appearance this season for the Villa reserves as a result of Elliot Parish's loan to Lincoln City. Daniel Johnson makes a welcome return to the team alongside regular fullbacks Berry & Deeney. Senior squad members Stephen Warnock & Habib Beye continue their reserve duty as does Chris Herd and there's a 2nd start of the season for academy striker Darious Darkin alongside the now-regular (6 appearances in a row) Harry Forrester.

There's a new name on the bench as Janoi Donacien joins Ebby Nelson-Addy who himself is making a long-awaited return to the matchday squad. They join Courtney Cameron, Callum Barrett and the name on everyone's lips, Juan Serrano who drops down to the bench after his scoring reserve-debut against Everton.

VILLA: Siegrist, Herd, Deeney, Johnson, Devine, Beye, Berry, Forrester, Taylor, Warnock, Darkin. Subs: Nelson-Addy, Barrett, Juan Serrano, Cameron, Donacien.