RESERVES : 2010/11 season/stats - Chelsea are champions

BOF

[table color=#bccde9:ef3ea10ee7][row][mcol]07/03[mcol]Blackburn[mcol]2-1[mcol]Wolves[row][mcol][col]

goal.gif Ruben Rochina

goal.gif Nikola Kalinic[col][col]goal.gif Michael Kightly

[row][mcol]08/03[mcol]Wigan Ath.[mcol]1-0[mcol]ASTON VILLA[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 52' Daniel Redmond[col][col][row][mcol][mcol]Liverpool[mcol]1-1[mcol]West Brom[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 8' Gerardo Bruna

[col][col]

goal.gif 82' George Thorne[row][mcol][mcol]Sunderland[mcol]1-1[mcol]West Ham[row][mcol][col]

goal.gif 73' John Egan[col][col]goal.gif 37' Callum Driver

[/table]

Later this evening.

Bolton v Chelsea (7pm)

Everton v Man Citeh (7pm)

I believe this might actually make 4th placed Chelsea the favourites for the Southern League now, as strange as that sounds.

[table color=#bccde9:e22e3befa2][row][mcol][mcol]Bolton[mcol]1-2[mcol]Chelsea[row][mcol][col]

goal.gif 89' Tom Eaves[col][col]goal.gif 35' Todd Kane

goal.gif 62' Fabio Borini

[row][mcol][mcol]Newcastle[mcol]2-1[mcol]Arsenal[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 23' Greg McDermott

goal.gif 90' Philip Airey[col][col]

goal.gif 53' Joshua Rees

[/table]

A very interesting squad for today's 19:00 kickoff against Everton.

There's a starting debut in defence for 17yr old ROI defender Richard Bryan. There are also starts for wing wizards Jordan Graham & Joshua Barton. We also see Juan José Serrano Cruz Vidal in the first 11 and there's a young Mr.Beye in defence.

On the bench it's equally as interesting. There's a squad debut for Malcolm Melvin & Oli Stephenson and we also see Josh Webb for the first time.

VILLA: Parish, Berry, Beye, Bryan, Deeney, Barton, Salifou, Gardner, Juan Serrano, Graham, Forrester. Subs: Robinson, Siegrist, Stephensen, Melvin, Webb.

It's worth pointing out that Everton have been THE worst side in this season's reserve competition so we really need to be winning this one to have any expectations of winning the league.

My guess is this

Parish

Berry Beye Bryan Deeney

Salifou
Graham Gardner Vidal Barton

Forrester[/code]

Unless they use one of the wingers or Vidal up front alongside Harry or in the hole, I can't see 2 forwards in that line-up.

Anybody know much about Vidal or Barton? Not heard of them before.

Good to see Graham getting another game.

Hard to judge how well he's doing as the only feedback I ever get is from the heavily weighted OS text commentary.

Barton is a Northern Irish speed demon of a winger. Supposed to be lightning quick.

As for Vidal, I know he's a skillful midfielder that we took from Espanyol at the start of the season

13938965.JPG

Anyone know if Deeney is a good left back and ready to step up?

I've honestly been wondering the exact same thing for a while now. He captained the youth side last season so he must at least have something about him re- leadership (it could simply be that he was of the age to captain the youths but ...). He'll be 20 in October so he's not exactly a foetus in footballing terms. So who knows... (hopefully).