RESERVES : 2010/11 season/stats - Chelsea are champions

BOF

Hard to judge MOTM personally. Forrester and Albrighton had very good first halves but were very quiet in the second. Gardner on the other hand was consistently good in both. Salifou and Herd also had decent games. Thought Baker was a bit shakey at CB, got turned very easily, especially for their goal.

As DVIN says, Bradley was quiet, looked a bit off pace to me but was tidy in possession.

Really enjoyed that match. Stand-out performers were Albrighton, Forrester, Gardner & Herd. At the back Clark and Baker were solid although Ince, Shelvey & Suso did split them a few times. Baker played the blood 'n guts role with Clark the more considered of the 2. Baker can't half go through someone with a tackle. He reminds me of Craig Gardner when he decides to tackle someone. Herd was absolutely everywhere as was Harry Forrester. I was surprised with how good Harry was to be honest. He won us the penalty, got the assist for Albrighton and he hit the crossbar when he should've scored too.

Albrighton just looked a class above everyone else, which of course he is at the moment. His first goal was sublime technique. A well taken goal that still had plenty to do when it got to him and his assist for Gardner's 2nd was equally as precise. I thought Berry did well on the right wing though he is perhaps lacking a little close-control technique. Deeney had a decent game at left back against a very tricky, if slightly undisciplined (from a tactical POV) Tony Silva. Of all the players, I thought our 2 centre mids were the quietest. Salifou and Bradley never really took the game by the scruff of the neck and made things tick the way they should have. Bradley was the more defensive of the 2 and he was solid enough, but he did have some phuckshit moments that might have been punished against better opposition. And you would think Michael would absolutely run the show in these surroundings, yet he didn't. Salifou's better work was done going forward when he tried to influence things around their box but again he just seems half a yard too slow. Between them they just didn't do enough. Marshall earned his corn in the first 40 seconds when Tom 'The Guvnor jr'. Ince really should have scored when put through by Jonjo Shelvey.

All in all a pretty comfortable win in the end for a senior Villa side against a depleted Liverpool side and an entertaining watch to boot.

[table color=#bccde9:b27e73e3f8][row][mcol]04/04[mcol]ASTON VILLA[mcol]3-1[mcol]Liverpool[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 31' Marc Albrighton

goal.gif 42' Gary Gardner (p)

goal.gif 52' Gary Gardner

[col][col]

goal.gif 57' Tony Silva[row][mcol][mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[mcol]0-2[mcol]Manchester City[row][mcol][col][col][col]goal.gif 13' Alex Nimely

goal.gif 70' James Poole[/table]

[table color=#bccde9:129483b8e6][row][mcol]05/04

[mcol][mcol][mcol][row][mcol]15:00[mcol]West Bromwich Albion[mcol]v[mcol]Newcastle United[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Arsenal[mcol]v[mcol]Sunderland[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Bolton Wanderers[mcol]v[mcol]Blackpool[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Everton[mcol]v[mcol]Wigan Athletic[row][mcol][col][col][col][/table]

I was surprised with how good Harry was to be honest.

Same; looks a cracking player.

i don't think his talent has ever been in question to be honest, he's had a few injuries and seemed to lose his way a bit because of that, i think he can still make it here

Yesterday's results.

[table color=#bccde9:b24f387270][row][mcol]05/04

[mcol][mcol][mcol][row][mcol]15:00[mcol]West Bromwich Albion[mcol]1-1[mcol]Newcastle United[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 18' Somen Tchoyi

[col][col]

goal.gif 54' Philip Airey[row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Arsenal[mcol]4-2[mcol]Sunderland[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 4' Roarie Deacon

goal.gif 52' Jeremie Aliadiere

goal.gif 80' Joshua Rees

goal.gif 83' Luke Freeman[col][col]

goal.gif 6' Matthew Fletcher

goal.gif 56' Ryan Noble

[row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Bolton Wanderers[mcol]3-0[mcol]Blackpool[row][mcol][col]goal.gif Rodrigo Moreno

goal.gif Rodrigo Moreno

goal.gif Michael O'Halloran[col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Everton[mcol]1-2[mcol]Wigan Athletic[row][mcol][col]

goal.gif 60' Conor McAleny

[col][col]goal.gif 57' Callum McManaman

goal.gif 67' Daniel Redmond[/table]

i don't think his talent has ever been in question to be honest, he's had a few injuries and seemed to lose his way a bit because of that, i think he can still make it here

I met someone who knows him very well and says he is very talented but enjoys himself a bit in comparison to, say, Gardner who sounds like a Paul Scholes mk II i.e. no trouble and completely committed to maximising his talent.

I met someone who knows him very well and says he is very talented but enjoys himself a bit in comparison to, say, Gardner who sounds like a Paul Scholes mk II i.e. no trouble and completely committed to maximising his talent.

Yeah I've heard much the same. It's his attitude/dedication to the game that has held Forrester back, much in the same way its rumoured on here to be Delfouneso's downfall.