RESERVES : 2010/11 season/stats - Chelsea are champions

BOF

I know Saido.. personally that is.

may i ask how?

I know the coach that recommended him (gave him the opportunity for a trial at west brom) I have been following Behraino for a while, he went to a secondary school in Aston (the coach I know works there) he rated him highly. I have met him a few times and seen him play (though he was 15 at the time). The coach has a very good relationship with WBA.

I met him when he was 15 he is 17/18 (?) now.

thanks for that, it was an interesting story, he's an excellent striker who seems to be doing very well and is on the fringes of the west brom first team

West Ham letting their title chances slip. Wolves playing spoiler and picking up scraps.

[table color=#bccde9:9901d492d2][row][mcol]30/03[mcol]Blackpool[mcol]1-2[mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 1' James Beattie

[col][col]

goal.gif 59' Adlene Guedioura

goal.gif 76' Nathan Rooney[row][mcol]01/04[mcol]West Ham United[mcol]0-1[mcol]Manchester United[row][mcol][col][col][col]goal.gif 80' Michael Keane[/table]

It'll be a cracking game. Liverpool are still in the running for the Northern Group 'B' title but they badly need to win their games in hand.

I imagine it will be a(nother) very young side. They've lost 4 on the bounce at the moment. No-one has lost 5 in a row this season so we could be heading for a(nother*) record.

* 11 unbeaten is our other record.

Bit worrying that are youth team in recent years have been very good reserves, but we dont seem to have won since the 10-1 win. Are the youth players on loan still coming back to play. I know weimann was

We're back at Villa Park tomorrow evening for the Liverpool game aren't we?

By heck I'm looking forward to it!

I've always fancied checking a reserve game. How does it work, just pay on the turnstile or what? How much is it?

Bit worrying that are youth team in recent years have been very good reserves, but we dont seem to have won since the 10-1 win. Are the youth players on loan still coming back to play. I know weimann was

I don't think it's to worrying personally. A lot of what would have previously been reserve players have been far more involved in the first team this year, plus all the ones that are out on loan. The point of the reserves / youth is to get players into the first team, and to that extent it seems to be working better than ever this year.

[table color=#bccde9:650f598187][row][mcol]04/04[mcol][mcol][mcol][row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]12:00[mcol]Chelsea[mcol]v[mcol]Blackburn Rovers[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]ASTON VILLA[mcol]v[mcol]Liverpool[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]19:00[mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[mcol]v[mcol]Manchester City[row][mcol][col][col][col][/table]

Yeah Woody, Danwichmann is right. The reasons for this season are 3-fold. Firstly, we have players in the first team. Secondly, we have sent nearly an entire team out on loan and thirdly the youth players who would step up have been rested for youth cup games. We're going through a kind of a generational change where everyone seems to have stepped up at the same time leaving a gulf behind. Net result is that most of those who are left to represent the reserves are inexperienced, younger than usual and in some cases maybe not up to the task - though with the latter, because of age etc, it's perhaps not yet clear who falls into that category.

A strong Villa side lines up this evening against title chasing Liverpool at Villa Park. Senior players in the side include Marc Albrighton, Michael Bradley, Nathan Baker, Ciaran Clark & Chris Herd. They join regular reserve fullbacks Ellis Deeney & Durrell Berry, midfielders Moustapha Salifou & Gary Gardner. Ben Siegrist continues in goal and Harry Forrester is likely to be ploughing a lone furrow up top. Villa are trying to snap a 4 game losing streak with no-one having 'managed' to lose 5 on the trot yet this season in the reserve league.

Liverpool are 2 wins behind Northern 'B' leaders Blackburn but have 2 games in hand. Thankfully I don't see any of their Spanish triumvirate, Suso, Pacheco (@ Norwich) or Bruna in today's line-up. With the game being played at Villa Park and with all those seniors in the side, I'm expecting a much improved performance and result today.

VILLA: Siegrist, Herd, Baker, Clark, Deeney, Berry, Bradley, Salifou, Gardner, Albrighton, Forrester. Substitutes: Lampkin, Watkins, Barton, Graham, Melvin.

LIVERPOOL: Hansen, Mendy, Irwin, Regan, Wisdom, Shelvey, Silva, Roberts, Ngog, Fernandez, Ince. Substitutes: Cooper, Chamberlain, King, Thomas, Kohlert.