Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Well then assuming it was a question

The answer to

If you're operating a sell to buy policy then surely you cannot buy before you sell?

is yes you can buy first.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to

If you're operating a sell to buy policy then surely you cannot buy before you sell?

In theory but to buy you need to be at least guaranteed that you have the sales. I think this is what Richard is saying. If we were operating a strict sell to buy strategy (which were not) - and went and splashed £50m on players, thinking that we were going to recoup that in the future from sales (and then never did because sales fell through etc) - wed be in trouble

Richard, your question and comments showed your opinion, everyone else can see it and you know it but it's as if your sad enough that you planned for you to be questioning as wrong just so you could give it the "I didn't actually, I asked a question" when it's pretty obvious what your true feelings are based on the "question".

Just seems a little pathetic to me that you do everything to convince people you weren't wrong when everyone knows you are including yourself.

Richard, your question and comments showed your opinion, everyone else can see it and you know it but it's as if your sad enough that you planned for you to be questioning as wrong just so you could give it the "I didn't actually, I asked a question" when it's pretty obvious what your true feelings are based on the "question".

Just seems a little pathetic to me that you do everything to convince people you weren't wrong when everyone knows you are including yourself.

But Richards question/Opinion is Technically right!!

The answer to

In theory but to buy you need to be at least guaranteed that you have the sales. I think this is what Richard is saying. If we were operating a strict sell to buy strategy (which were not) - and went and splashed £50m on players, thinking that we were going to recoup that in the future from sales (and then never did because sales fell through etc) - wed be in trouble

As you say, added to the fact that you can buy before you sell, we aren't even doing a strict sell-to-buy so any difficulty that would've been there is gone by us having other moneys anyway. As moot as moot can be.

It's not though. You can buy before you sell. "Sell-to-buy" means that the net deals should balance at the end. It does not mean you must rigidly do them in that order.

But as we say, it's irrelevant for us anyway.

You said we are only in a position to sell to buy, that's not the case.

I didn't actually I asked a question.

What really is pathetic is people seemingly not accepting an alternate position and chosing to read something that is not there and then from that getting all angry and testy over it.

That's what you're doing though, seeing the worst in the quotes. Bit contradictive imo.

Anyhow, rumour on the grapevine is that Upson was seen talking to Milner :!:

Stop pretending like you don't know. It's a little pathetic.

i can't believe how wound up people get over other peoples opinions. respect what the lad is saying.

I think people get more annoyed at the same opinions, statements and questions spouted over and over, in numerous threads without ever accepting the answers given.

It's not though. You can buy before you sell. "Sell-to-buy" means that the net deals should balance at the end. It does not mean you must rigidly do them in that order.

But as we say, it's irrelevant for us anyway.

It is right tho. I hear what you are saying BOF (and its (hopefully) is irrelevant to us) but -

Lets say you run a restaurant.

You dont go and buy a shite load of ingrediants on the HOPE that loads of people come in.

What you do is say, right its a Monday night, we have 12 booked, and its forecast rain so we wont get many walk ins. And then you go and buy the necessary ingrediants that you think you will need.

Now, you dont go and buy david Bentley on the back of paper rumours about James Milner. You get an agreement with Man City for example (and even then you run the risk of a transfer falling through), and then go and buy bentley. The Bentley transfer might be finalised before the Milner transfer but that doesnt mean you have bought before you have sold.

The answer to

Thanks for the answer and I am not sure how you could assume anything else seeing as it came with a question mark at the end of it

The answer to

Thanks for the answer and I am not sure how you could assume anything else seeing as it came with a question mark at the end of it

Seemed like one of them there rhetorical questions.

In my view, any question that has "then surely...." in it and attempts to provide it's own answer is not really a question at all. It is the asker assuming they know the answer. If I picked that up wrong then more fool me.

The answer to

Seemed like one of them there rhetorical questions.

That would make the answer 7.