Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it incredibly trite and hypocritical when there’s people like Balls and Harmen in the Labour party to bleat on about people being privileged in other parties. I don't care that you mention it, I just find it sad that you think its an issue.

If you honestly think that Goldsmith is not one of the "elite" and then try to justify it by trying to compare he and his background to Balls and Harmen, then you are wrong. But as normal I don't expect you to see it that way especially comments about a Tory, so we will have to agree to disagree

I fail to see what difference it makes if he’s the son of a billionaire. Labour’s constant and often hypocritical desire to play the elitist card, despite having a couple of the so called “elite” in their own party, is quite sad.

29,000 people voted him in. That’s the only measure of the man worth a jot as far as the public are concerned.

I agree with you to a point Jon, but only to a point.

If people were queing for hours (I've not heard anything to say they were) but if they were that is I agree poor organisation, but were there really people waiting hours?

I do though think it was right to shut the polls at 10 in line with the rules and I think the polls were open plenty long enough throughout the day for everyone to turn up and vote.

I do think though that if very large numbers of people turned up in the last hour it was largelly unavoidable that some wouldn't be able to cast their vote and personally I think that is there own fault.

The ITV coverage last night covered it a lot and most people they interviewed said they had come a few times to try and vote but the queues were too long and they were just told they couldn't vote.

In Hackeny they closed the booths at 9.20 because they had run out of papers :shock:

The rules say you must attend before 10pm - they don't say you should come early to avoid the queues. They have a right to vote and the system is simply shite.

Hold a general election from Friday 7am, til Satuday 10pm - then everyone gets their chance.

How on earth are we in a limbo where no one even knows what's going to happen, it's so weird.

Someone should be moving into number 10 today and we should all know where we stand, bloody politics, bloody UK voters.

I think Brown will go today.

How on earth are we in a limbo where no one even knows what's going to happen, it's so weird.

Someone should be moving into number 10 today and we should all know where we stand, bloody politics, bloody UK voters.

The UK "constitution" says that at the moment Brown is still PM and has to explore options. These include a possible coalition etc.

Again electoral reform - but a certain party don't want that.

I find these calls for electoral reform quite coincidental on the day that the Labour lose the general election.

Who are you aiming that comment at?

Brown needs to bugger off, he wasn't elected in initially and he hasn't been this time either, he should take the hint.

So who has been voted in then Jez? - you obviously are unaware of the UK constitution and the rules we follow

As for Brown will he remain in charge? Who knows

I find these calls for electoral reform quite coincidental on the day that the Labour lose the general election.

Who are you aiming that comment at?

The Labour party and all those supporters that think that it’s the Conservatives that have blocked electoral reform... despite Labour having had three parliaments with very large majorities and yet surprisingly no movement on the issue in all of those 13 years.

Brown needs to bugger off, he wasn't elected in initially and he hasn't been this time either, he should take the hint.

Correct. He should consider starting a coalition and then discard it while he clears his desk.

So who has been voted in then Jez? - you obviously are unaware of the UK constitution and the rules we follow

As for Brown will he remain in charge? Who knows

I understand, once all the results are in and everything has been reviewed he should stand down simple.

The public has shown they dont have enough confidence in the Labour party.

I bet he will hang around like a fart in a lift though.

People can attack Brown all they like, but the real issue of this story is how much of a cock up Cameron has made of it.

9 months ago Cameron was way, way ahead in the polls and should have pissed the election. Labour have been on their knees and a sitting duck for various reasons, but the tories couldn't capitalise. It shows now that no matter how bad labour are perceived to be, people just don't trust the tories to run this country.

Is it still the case that a projected Lab/Lib Government would still not reach 326 seats?

If Brown goes then Labour need to have a leadership election before anything can be sorted.

Very interesting few days ahead.

People can attack Brown all they like, but the real issue of this story is how much of a cock up Cameron has made of it.

9 months ago Cameron was way, way ahead in the polls and should have pissed the election. Labour have been on their knees and a sitting duck for various reasons, but the tories couldn't capitalise. It shows now that no matter how bad labour are perceived to be, people just don't trust the tories to run this country.

I think the Conservatives should have won an outright majority, but ultimately, they’ve taken over 90 seats- that’s more than Thatcher took in ’79. The problem they always had was the low base they were starting off from in respect to Labours number of seats.

Or if you believe another poster, not enough 'spastics' voted.

Funny how labours manifesto doesn't mention PR but it will no doubt soon be there new buzz word of the day

Wonder of one of Cleggs last acts as leader of the libs will be him having some dignity and telling Labour to jog on ?

The problem they always had was the low base they were starting off from in respect to Labours number of seats.

Each party starts from the same base - i.e. zero - its not that a particular party has a few points head start because they won more seats. The facts are that despite a massive lead in the polls - wasn't it a record gap at one time - despite the millions that Ashcroft and similar people put in, despite a major campaign from most of the media including for the first time a UK TV broadcaster, despite a incumbent Gvmt that had been in pace for a very long time, despite a worldwide economic crisis, despite all of these Cameron was unable to do what for example Blair did in the 90's.

Cameron is not an asset to the Tory party. He has basically failed to deliver - the Tory party last night looked like the Man City of UK politics

I think the Conservatives should have won an outright majority, but ultimately, they’ve taken over 90 seats- that’s more than Thatcher took in ’79. The problem they always had was the low base they were starting off from in respect to Labours number of seats.

The problem they had was Dave is ultimately not a good enough salesman. Labour achieved such a sizable shift in 97. Despite the country being sick of the govt, they still aren't so sick so as to run into the arms of Dave.