Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

The DUP will only do a deal if he offers a massive financial package to NI.

For the job of PM i don't think he will have any problem with that ...

While cutting spending in the rest of the UK?

That's up there with buying off Ben Nelson to get Obamacare through the Senate.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of interest .. seeing as every single Labour MP being spoken to keeps mentioning labours commitment to electoral change / reform

As the Alternative Vote system they were proposing ( through a referendum to the public :shock:) is quite different from a proportional system that the libs want .. which one will go if libs / Lab were to go into coalition ?

Labour basically say immigration ...

Who gives a shit what a political party says?

voters? :S

Possibly they do - probably they don't. Do you have a view?

For tonight: London's burning!.

I have the view that Labour should have acted on the powers they could have done to gradually increase the number of migrants from new eu states yes. But they didn't unlike Germany and France.

I also think whilst we can't have a protectionist economy we do need to address unemployment in this country and certainly where there are jobs available to be filled by british workers (skilled or unskilled) they should get priority. But if I am not mistaken that can't happen can it as we are an EU member state?

out of interest .. seeing as every single Labour MP being spoken to keeps mentioning labours commitment to electoral change / reform

As the Alternative Vote system they were proposing ( through a referendum to the public :shock:) is quite different from a proportional system that the libs want .. which one will go if libs / Lab were to go into coalition ?

if Labour actually give us a referendum I'd be **** amazed. they have said that what...3 times? delivered? none.

I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO I VOTED FOR!!!!!

I've just been down to the polling station, i voted Lib dem locally and im not sure whether i voted tory or lib dem nationally.

On the national slip, they only gave me a choice of 4 different parties, what happens if i wanted to vote another party nationally who wasn't on list?

That's what threw me off, also on the national slip it didn't say Brown, Cameron, Clegg..., it said 'Trout' and some others. wtf is Trout?

(You'll have to add to the poll - 'can't remember')

I really f***ed up on my national slip, i put hedgehunter on it..... :oops:

sounded like a resignation / farewell speech from Brown .. but not as an MP

is he going to cling on , or is he going ... wish somebody will tell us what's going on so I can go to bed ...

I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO I VOTED FOR!!!!!

I've just been down to the polling station, i voted Lib dem locally and im not sure whether i voted tory or lib dem nationally.

On the national slip, they only gave me a choice of 4 different parties, what happens if i wanted to vote another party nationally who wasn't on list?

That's what threw me off, also on the national slip it didn't say Brown, Cameron, Clegg..., it said 'Trout' and some others. wtf is Trout?

(You'll have to add to the poll - 'can't remember')

I really f***ed up on my national slip, i put hedgehunter on it..... :oops:

:crylaugh:

Got to go in post of the year!

could have sworn the bloke in the white suit at the totting result was also standing behind Justine greening at Putney ... is he standing in multiple seats ?

Dunno about that. Intellectualism normally emanates from the Labour ranks. so probably too highbrow for me.

The rise of the BNP is down to the fact that the government has refused to discuss sensitive immigration issues with reasonable voters. I believe that Gordon Brown dismissed at least one such person as 'bigotted'

The good thing is that the BNP will never get anywhere, although PR may give them a small voice in the future.

exactly, people don't wake up one day and vote bnp because they don't like black people. it's probably a protest vote to someone who has an extreme stance on immigration, because everyone elses policy on it doesn't sway the voter to vote for any of the three main parties.

I think it's daft to view it purely as a 'protest' vote.

I actually agree with those others who have complained about immigration being an ignored subject when they see people dismiss the possibility as something which isn't worth talking about or concentrating on (at least for a while).

I don't think that the UK has turned in to a bunch of racists but I think we have the potential to run towards policies of that ilk if we don't actually talk about the whole subject as though it is big.

I don't think we will regardless of the election result.

So we are in agreement.

No reasonable person likes Griffin and his bunch of thugs, but we can never talk about the subject if normal people with normal concerns, uninformed or not, are dismissed by the political elite as bigotted.

There's a whole lot of difference between the vicious BNP minority and the large numbers of ordinary citizens who just want to ask questions.

A couple of yawns at this late hour.

Gordo managed to shoehorn 'global economic crisis' into his acceptance speech.

Various Labour people keep whinging about the 'Ashcroft money'

Tories keeping shtum at the moment....

Dunno about that. Intellectualism normally emanates from the Labour ranks. so probably too highbrow for me.

The rise of the BNP is down to the fact that the government has refused to discuss sensitive immigration issues with reasonable voters. I believe that Gordon Brown dismissed at least one such person as 'bigotted'

The good thing is that the BNP will never get anywhere, although PR may give them a small voice in the future.

exactly, people don't wake up one day and vote bnp because they don't like black people. it's probably a protest vote to someone who has an extreme stance on immigration, because everyone elses policy on it doesn't sway the voter to vote for any of the three main parties.

I think it's daft to view it purely as a 'protest' vote.

I actually agree with those others who have complained about immigration being an ignored subject when they see people dismiss the possibility as something which isn't worth talking about or concentrating on (at least for a while).

I don't think that the UK has turned in to a bunch of racists but I think we have the potential to run towards policies of that ilk if we don't actually talk about the whole subject as though it is big.

I don't think we will regardless of the election result.

So we are in agreement.

No reasonable person likes Griffin and his bunch of thugs, but we can never talk about the subject if normal people with normal concerns, uninformed or not, are dismissed by the political elite as bigotted.

There's a whole lot of difference between the vicious BNP minority and the large numbers of ordinary citizens who just want to ask questions.

which is the very reason they got MEPs and getting near 2000 votes in most of the seats they have stood in so far (that have been announced).

address the issue otherwise in 5 years time we will have BNP MPs, which won't be good.