Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

I just replied with 'Its always nice to hear from a fan'...

Smooth. :lol:

As far as campers are concerned, people that play that way are words removed, its not the way this game is supposed to played

Dude, you've gotta shit or get off the pot; camping in Black Ops is nothing compared to how bad it was in MW2 (thank **** Claymores can't be refilled with Scavenger anymore). Just whack an ACOG and suppressor on the M16, use Ghost Pro and out-snipe people. Stick to walls, don't go tearing into rooms and keep one eye on the map.

Alternatively, if you do feel the need to spray & pray, the aforementioned dual-wielding of Skorpions with Scavenger & Steady Aim will get you results.

Dude, stop talking in riddles.

I don't need tips on how to play, i just don't like campers. Its funny how the guy who kept killing me yesterday (he was camping) and that prompted me to post my hatred of campers, as soon as he got killed and was out in the open rather than sat in a room waiting for people, he got taken apart. But it was fine, he'd already got himself a few choppers, top of the pile, KD protected, mission complete. word removed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I like to keep a supply of flash bangs in my inventory. If I know there is someone camping in a room / corridor, I'll throw one. As soon as you have a hit marker charge in and take them down.

Yeah, it is annoying I don't argue that point, but it's not like you can't do anything about it. Campers love nothing more than people who lose their cool and go charging about without thinking, it feeds their K/D ratio and their ego.

Camping is acceptable in games types like domination and headquarters.

Camping on TDM is a bit ghey though. Same goes for FFA.

I agree with whoever it was who said if you get nailed by the same camper two or more times in a row you fully deserve it. Its piece of piss to kill him once you know roughly where he is. Just out-cheap him by goin charging in there with a flame thrower or grenade launcher on the rip.

That's why I like to keep a supply of flash bangs in my inventory. If I know there is someone camping in a room / corridor, I'll throw one. As soon as you have a hit marker charge in and take them down.

Yeah, it is annoying I don't argue that point, but it's not like you can't do anything about it. Campers love nothing more than people who lose their cool and go charging about without thinking, it feeds their K/D ratio and their ego.

I find that the nova gas tends to get people moving from their rat holes.

I've also noticed that a lot of people seem to hide behind the table upstairs in one of the rooms on Nuketown and kill people as they come through the door. If this happens then go to the other house across the street and fire a crossbow through the window. You can usually stick them :D

The best thing about Black Ops is the ability to replay the video of games. I got a couple of intensely satisfying kills last night, so it's fun to play the video and watch it from the other person's persepctive.
Yeah, I killed 4 people with an enemy RC car a few days ago, had to watch that in the file share.

Threw a random grenade that rolled into a room of 4 people, just as one of them tried to spawn an RC car, grenade blew the RC car up and killed everybody in the room. 8)

:detect:

Haha, can't believe that's been done before. Mine was on firing range,I put in my file share because I wanted to see what happened.

Current win streak: 102 :D

You can no longer re-roll sentry guns and sam turrets !
That update also means there is a one second delay on showing up on the Chopper Gunner as a red square when you spawn.

Multiplayer has been pretty much unplayable today on PS3. My internet connection is sound but I must have had 20 lobbies crash in a row. Have barely completed a single game today and when I do get a lobby that works I have been put on a team full of beginners against 5th prestige clans with headsets ...! WTF is that all about ? The matchmaking is a nightmare !

t 5th prestige clans with headsets ...!
Headsets are irrelevant in this game unless you have Ninja pro, and hardly anybody does, I won't bother going for pro perks until I stop on a prestige.

Prestiges are irrelevant on this game really, I think the two things to look at are time played in relation to prestige and K/D. Mostly time played/prestige. Anybody who takes more than a day to get to 50 is going to be an average player, the amount of 3/4/5/6th prestiges you run into that have played the game for 7 days with a 1.2 K/D is weird. You'd expect people who hammer the game to be good players.

Contracts have been updated, there were some pretty good ones up today, get the blackbird, get 80 kills in 40 minutes with hardline, finish a TDM with a 3.0 K/D. Glad they've finally changed them.

t 5th prestige clans with headsets ...!
Headsets are irrelevant in this game unless you have Ninja pro, and hardly anybody does, I won't bother going for pro perks until I stop on a prestige.

Prestiges are irrelevant on this game really,

I don't understand how you can say that ? A team of 6 players who can all communicate with each other against 6 random strangers who can't ?

There were 3 players in my team who hadn't even reached 1,000 kills and they are going up against players who have prestiged multiple times, so they obviously know all the maps really well.

Irrelevant my arse !

I think Rino is referring to headsets that you use as headphones rather than headsets you use as a microphone. It's the biggest difference between 360 and PS3 in this game, you get a microphone for free when you buy an Xbox so everybody who is playing has one (yes, there are those who chose not to use it, but they still have one.) on PS3 the microphone is an optional extra so not so many people do have them.

In MW2 and COD4 (and probably W@W, I only played the campaign) if you had a nice set of headphones you were at an advantage because you could hear the footsteps of enemies a lot more easily than you can if you use speakers. If you can hear people coming, you can be ready for them when they arrive.

I think Rino is referring to headsets that you use as headphones rather than headsets you use as a microphone. It's the biggest difference between 360 and PS3 in this game, you get a microphone for free when you buy an Xbox so everybody who is playing has one (yes, there are those who chose not to use it, but they still have one.) on PS3 the microphone is an optional extra so not so many people do have them.

In MW2 and COD4 (and probably W@W, I only played the campaign) if you had a nice set of headphones you were at an advantage because you could hear the footsteps of enemies a lot more easily than you can if you use speakers. If you can hear people coming, you can be ready for them when they arrive.

Yeah, I was. In this game there effect is minimal, in MW2 you could win a free for all just with them, provided people weren't using Ninja at least.

I suppose he is right though, even a low rank full party will win games against a random team as they tend to make more of an effort for the objective, people playing alone tend to play for themselfs.

I suppose he is right though, even a low rank full party will win games against a random team as they tend to make more of an effort for the objective, people playing alone tend to play for themselfs.

That's what I don't understand. There were 10 or so people in the lobby and when they split us into two teams they put all the players who had prestiged into one team and I was put on a team with 4 complete "noobs" . I was the only one on my team using a headset whilst the entire opposition all had them, which makes it so much easier to work as a team and co-ordinate tactics.

I was giving call outs even though I didn't know whether my team could either hear me or understand me . I just think they should match people against others with similar ability.

Sorry if I confused you with the headset comments. I just assumed everyone knew the difference between a headset and earphones.

Co-ordinate tactics :lol:

I take it you play the objective based games rather than team deathmatch?

I play domination 99% of the time but I'm started to get fed up with it. Until they fix the multiplayer matchmaking then it's just not worth it. Just finished a game of domination where we lost 200- 37 :( I finished top in my team with a score of 8 - 29 :( The rest of my "team" scored like this

3- 38

3- 42

2- 55

The opposition were just strolling around our spawn knocking the shit out of us . They knew where we going to spawn every time it seemed . It took about 1 minute before they had dogs, choppers and napalm on us. I was absolutely fuming. Teams with headsets have a huge advantage over those without so **** knows why they are all put on the same team at the start !

I love the game but everything about it has just pissed me off severely today. The connection issues are **** awful and seem to have become worse since the update.

I don't mind losing now and again but today has been ridiculous. I need to join a clan or something !

Â